Pedicures?

Im reading along on the site here, catching up. Darian has a few of her friends over and one of them is gabbing with me about my latest recording and sees me reading a screen where someone is talking about ' A mani and a Redi ' and painting their nails red ( or something like that ). " Its one thing to have a guy openly admit and openly wear heels, but what kind of guy is going to get a pedicure? Were they born without testicles? " And thats when the ' fight ' started.. So.. Im trying to defend why a guy would get their nails done. Granted, in the past, I have used clear nail polish to help strengthen my nails for playing. " Thats different. Its done for a physical purpose, not trying to mimic a woman.. " So.. after loosing the whole battle of why a ' guy ' would want a ' pedi ', I just let her say whatever she wanted. The good news.. she had to leave sometime! couldnt stay here forever! No, I dont care for that ' broad '. Shes one of the ' pack '. The only one I dont care for. This left me thinking thought. Skirts? Ive worn them. Sure, was for medicinal purposes of sorts. A dress? Once.. again, a somewhat medicinal purpose. Heel/Boots/Skinny jeans.. all the time. But a ' Pedi '? Sorry guys, thats just too.. ah the hell with it.. Its just.. Seriously guys.. A Pedicure? Really? So.. ( this is just.. I want to really laugh, but I cant! ) I asked Darian if I could go get a ' Pedi ' just to see what she would say. " I will keep your cock locked in the nightstand for 1 year and take away your man-card permanently! " She was NOT keen at all to the idea! I would go as far to say she was somewhat disturbed that I would even mention such a thing. For her to make such a brutal statement of.. cutting me off like that.. Mind you all, this is the woman whom shops for heels and brings them home for me, She often takes me ( willingly ;) ) shopping. I asked her what could be so wrong with just getting my nails done.. " I want some form of manliness left in you. If I wanted a woman and nothing else, I wouldnt be here ". I forgot whom started that thread on their wife or girlfriend being flatly against them getting a ' Pedi ', but I think my comment of leaving well enough alone was more true then I had known at the time. Word to the wise to all you hetero males out there. Its one thing to wear heels.. its another to cross that line and NEVER get laid again in your life over a ' Pedi '. Sleep well folks, No pedi for me! Nightstand is empty! :D -Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Is this about getting an actual pedicure, or is this more about painting your toenails? I say this only because my experience has been the exact opposite of yours. I have gotten regular pedicures for several years now, long before I ever thought of wearing heels. Of course, my situation is. . . well, rather unusual in that I don't actually have to pay for my pedis, at least not directly. As you may have gleaned from other threads, my wife and I are friends with the owner of a nail shop. As such, we are always taken care of, and any sort of payment is flatly refused. It's just the Vietnamese way. Of course, if something goes wrong at the shop, guess who is down there fixing it? You get the idea. Like I've said elsewhere, I almost have enough material for a novel, but not quite. There's a short story in the making for sure. Back to the instant topic, none of my friends or family thinks it's the least bit unusual that I get pedicures, but most think it's weird that I wear heels, and the nail shop girls are my biggest critics about that. So what gives? Maybe it's a cultural difference? As an aside, I don't let them touch my hands any more, as they do not seem to really grasp the concept of a guitarist's manicure.

Interestingly, my wife loves to have me join her for a pedicure. I normally don't get polish however one time the tech put on clear without asking and my wife was cool with that. Most of the other women in the shop say something to the effect that they wish their husbands would join them. Frankly if I had to choose betwees heels and pedicures I would choose the heels. I do really enjoy a good pedicure, however.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Honestly, I'm not the professional pedicure type. Taking care of ones own feet is quite easy. Other than that it's just pampering.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Honestly, I'm not the professional pedicure type. Taking care of ones own feet is quite easy. Other than that it's just pampering.

It may be just the way my feet are built (I tend to have problems with ingrown toenails), but these gals are able to do stuff I can't do at home, despite watching carefully many times. And ever since em Bình quit the shop, I don't get much of a pampering, LOL. Then again, I can't complain about the price. I am not at all sure I would pay the going rate to get pedicures on a regular basis, but I would never start a new construction job without visiting "the girls" first to make sure I finish the workday pain free at the front of my feet. I realize my situation is probably unique.

ilikekicks, Let's see here as I rewind my life tape. I see a guy who played football for five years, served in the Navy for five years and have a nice 3" scar from Lebanon as a reminder of what happened to our Marines in 1983, fathered two kids, survived the Border Patrol Academy, was hit by a car in California by a man who blacked out from an epileptic seizure, am 53 years old and can still run a mile in under 7 minutes and (occasionally) can still do one-arm pushups. Yeah, I think my man-card is plenty safe so if I want to wear 5" heels on my way to get a bloody pedicure it's because I EARNED IT! There are those who never came back, or didn't come back the same, and can't make that choice. It is an extremely relaxing thing to do and your feet will be better off for it. I can, and do, take care of my feet at home but the personal relationship one develops with the same person that does your pedicure is worth makiing the trip. All of life is built upon a variety of such relationships, some brief some not but all worthwhile. HappyinHeels

ilikekicks,

Let's see here as I rewind my life tape. I see a guy who played football for five years, served in the Navy for five years and have a nice 3" scar from Lebanon as a reminder of what happened to our Marines in 1983, fathered two kids, survived the Border Patrol Academy, was hit by a car in California by a man who blacked out from an epileptic seizure, am 53 years old and can still run a mile in under 7 minutes and (occasionally) can still do one-arm pushups. Yeah, I think my man-card is plenty safe so if I want to wear 5" heels on my way to get a bloody pedicure it's because I EARNED IT! There are those who never came back, or didn't come back the same, and can't make that choice. It is an extremely relaxing thing to do and your feet will be better off for it. I can, and do, take care of my feet at home but the personal relationship one develops with the same person that does your pedicure is worth makiing the trip. All of life is built upon a variety of such relationships, some brief some not but all worthwhile. HappyinHeels

First, I would like to thank you for your service. It's not everyone who is willing to put himself in harm's way for his country. But that's not my main thought. My main thought is what in the heck is this "man-card" thing, anyway? I work a pretty "macho" job as an industrial electrician, and I engage in a couple of different "macho" activities, like working on cars and small engines. I truly enjoy these activities. But I must tell you, I've never bought into the "macho bullsh**" mentality. I highly question the concept of what is "manly" and what is not.

I stopped in to visit our local nail salon today. I didn't go there to get a pedicure (though I plan to next week). I just stopped in to say "hi." It just so happened that one of the customers was somebody I knew. My son had fallen asleep in his stroller, so it allowed me the chance to have a decently long conversation. The thought I wish to convey is that I feel comfortable in the nail salon. Over the years, I have gotten to know quite a few people, so many customers know me and engage me when I visit. How does this affect my "man-card?" I really don't care. I hereby officially rebel against the entire concept of a "man-card."

I'm not gonna have a problem with these issues. Wife and girls don't get mani/pedi's so for me to even contemplate the idea would be out of the question. You know it's gotta be a rough time when I'm the only one in the household who wears heels.

Many women have nothing to complain about, because in my opinion they lost their woman card a long time ago.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

My wife has never had a mani or a pedi and refuses to even think about it - she is diabetic and is very careful about her feet, and I don't have any problems with that. She does not own any shoes with heels and never has - again I have no problem with that. She likewise has no problems with me getting a mani/pedi once a month - I've been doing it for over 10 years now and I can't remember the last time my toes were NOT painted red! I wear heels almost daily and again she has no problem with that - in fact we often laugh about it when we say "I'm going to change into something more comfortable" and she ends up in sweats, a T shirt, and slippers and I end up in pantyhose, a skirt, a top, and heels! In the end, do what makes you and your other half happy - but don't condemn those who do things that you don't like...

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a friend that told me of a place I could go to for a pedicure. Now that I have money to afford such "luxuries", I might take a trip there soon. Who knows? My first gf might be there ;) I was thinking blue would be a nice color to start with. Orange...not so much. And ilikekicks, I can only imagine how much "manliness" the heels alone took away from you, in Her eyes. 50 percent, maybe?

Formally "HHDude"

Who knows? My first gf might be there ;) I was thinking blue would be a nice color to start with. Orange...not so much.

THAT would be awesome for you!

And ilikekicks, I can only imagine how much "manliness" the heels alone took away from you, in Her eyes. 50 percent, maybe?

I have to be honest..

She doesnt mind ' clothes '. They can be taken off and discarded/changed rather easily. She wouldnt like me going out and getting ' inked ' ( wont happen anyway. ). She wouldnt like me going and getting a ' face full of metal ' with piercings everywhere.

Shes not very picky at all and I can say I have most of the freedoms to do as I please from when I was single outside of shacking up with another woman.

What percentage were the ' heels ' to her? In her words ' None '. They are just clothes.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.