Loud Or Quiet Heels. What Do You Like Better?

Curt

I like that stiletto click. I used to replace my plastic tips with rubber, but that only causes the sole to have a thump sound. That sounds like your shoes are too big for you. With a plastic tip, it cancels out the thump sound. Btw, high heels are supposed to have a high pitched click-clack sound. What do you guys think? Am I right, or way off-base?

I like the click of plastic but I also like the grip and longevity of hard rubber.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I just love making noise when I walk. That being said, I do have one pair of clogs with rubber tips on the heels, and those things just do not wear out, unlike the plastic. Pity they are so quiet. I wouldn't mind experimenting with metal tips, but I'm afraid I would fall right on my ass someday, probably in the Mahaska County courthouse, which has marble floors. I don't think I could handle the embarrassment. I guess I'll stick with plastic for now.

I prefer quiet heels. I want to wear heels, and if people notice, fine, but I don't necessarily want to attract attention. I'm not one to show off.

Steve

With you there Steve. But I do love it when the ladies wear heels that go click!

I must admit that the sound alwyas captures my attention, and when I look only to find a guy in typical mens shoes, it is disappointing. But that also reinforces why I prefer the quiet shoes for myself - if I always look to see where the sound is coming from, there certainly will be others that do as well, and I don't want the attention, thanks.

Heel noise used to bother me too, on my heels, but I have come to accept that if my heels make noise, I can handle that. Sometimes it depends on the style of heels I am wearing. I have some tapered stacked heels that make more noise than stilettos and vice-versa. I am not really trying to hide my heels like some of the male heelers, here. I like people to see that I am wearing heels and I am very confident about that fact, that "I LOVE TO WEAR HEELS". Happy Heeling, bluejay

I prefer the quiet ones for my own wearing but highly appreciate a lady wearing noicier heels.

I prefer quiet heels. I want to wear heels, and if people notice, fine, but I don't necessarily want to attract attention. I'm not one to show off.

Steve

I agree with both of you!

As some others have said, the sound is rather appealing when it comes from a woman wearing heels. However, I prefer my own shoes make less noise to be honest. I don't mind so much anymore if someone notices my heels, but I don't want to draw unnecessary attention to it. So when I click clack, I do start to feel much more self-consious, and have therefore replaced the tips on some of my loudest pairs. A bit of noise is fine, but some shoes do sound like a hammer is banging as I walk by ;) heh

Trust me the majority of the population are immune to the sound, unlike us.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Nearly all of my boots have a hard rubber outsole so I guess you could lump me into the quiet group by default. However when I hear that distictive click out and about I simply MUST know where its coming from. If the wearer is especially gifted in the shoe department I'll even compliment them.

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!

Trust me the majority of the population are immune to the sound, unlike us.

I agree. The sound is no big deal at all. Ninety-nine percent of the time, I barely attract any attention at all, regardless of how I'm dressed or how loud my heels are.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I have all of my heels steel tipped on purchase now...

Courtney x

For me, the louder, the better. Walking in high heels without the noise just isn't worth it.

Smile and the whole world smiles with you, Fart and your on your own!!!

I have all of my heels steel tipped on purchase now...

Courtney x

Perhaps I might try that. Could be fun!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!