Who Dances In Their Heels?

PatsyCline

Absolutely! I cannot imagine trying to dance in flats! DH and I took ballroom dancing lessons a number of years ago and that's when I found that heels make it so much easier to dance. Even in non-ballroom dance situations, heels just give me that extra "something" on the dance floor.

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

What's the highest heel you can dance in?

I can dance in my Daffodiles.

Unless it's spontaneous dancing I dance in dance shoes. Normally around 4 nches.

It's hard to find dance shoes with heels over 4 unless of course you're looking for pole or strip shoes.

Mostly mine are T bar style or at least with some type of strap or other to stop them from flying off.

I forgot to answer one of the questions! Insofar as heel height is concerned, I have two pairs that I really like to wear dancing. One is a Jessica Simpson Mary Jane style with 4 inch heels and the other is a peep toe pump by Stuart Weitzman that has a 4 inch heel. The SWs fit like a glove and I don't have to worry about losing them in the middle of a dance even though they do not have any straps!

I wore my Interlopas to the country bar on the weekend.

I loved them, and they did get more attention than cowboy boots.

I'll bet you got some attention with those boots! They are awesome!

I did get a couple of ladies ask me what make they were. I don't know what stands out more, the contrast of the black suede and red soles, or the fringes. Either way I had a great evening.

"Porsche...There is no Substitute"

I use my crutches, stand facing him about a foot or two apart and we do a box step, I roll my eyes to either side to tell him where my next step will be, or up and down for my coming toward or away from him. Takes some practice but we are very good at it as long as he looks to my eyes for direction. E

I do not, but am thinking about it. Google Aviva Drescher, she was on ny housewives and her left leg amped below the knee. She has a pros with a flat foot and one for a heel. I use crutches most of the time, and dance on crutches. E

I've been dancing all night tonight, in my cowgirl boots, which are only 2 inch. But it ocurred to me how much better it is to dance in heels than flats. They put you on the balls of your feet, so the natural spring of your ankle takes the shock instead of your knees. I've had lots of fun.

• Like 1

I've seen her on that show, if she didn't tell you, I don't think I would notice. And she wears designer heels.

And when she gets a pedicure, three sets of toes are involved. Her right leg (that she has), and one

pros foot for a heel, and one to accomodate a flat shoe.

E

I've been dancing all night tonight, in my cowgirl boots, which are only 2 inch. But it ocurred to me how much better it is to dance in heels than flats. They put you on the balls of your feet, so the natural spring of your ankle takes the shock instead of your knees. I've had lots of fun.

Megan, you are so right about dancing in heels! It makes dancing so easy and takes the strain off the knees. I have a pair of Stuart Weitzman pumps that I have designated my "dancing shoes" because the heel height (3 inches) is perfect for dancing. If we're going to an event where there is going to be any dancing, I'm building my wardrobe around my SWs!

• 2 weeks later...

I love dancing in a least four inch heels, the most I've tried is 4 3/4 so I am pretty consistent with that heel height. There is just something so powerful about moving about in heels, so in control yet a bit on the edge :)

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

I love dancing in a least four inch heels, the most I've tried is 4 3/4 so I am pretty consistent with that heel height. There is just something so powerful about moving about in heels, so in control yet a bit on the edge :)

Exactly how I feel; pushing the envelope and defying the medical communities'

warning that heels and crutches are dangerous.

Danger can be part of the fun of it. This is changing the subject a little, but I used to dance in a women's morris group. We had one dance for five, vert quick tempo, where the one whose turn it was to be in the middle would do some footwork and the others would dance close by, forward and back, left and right, clashing sticks above your head as they passed. The unwritten rule was that you didn't hold back with the sticks. It was quite thrilling. The tallest girl in the group was eight inches taller than me. I don't think she enjoyed that dance as much as I did.. No heels for that though, just clogs.

As a follow on, there's a bit in this video, about half way through (but I urge you to watch it all ) where they all dance past her and it makes my heart flutter.

One feels very special being in the middle.

I'm not convinced by the shiny blue jumpsuit, and I think the shoes are the wrong colour.But I like the video.