Learning To Walk In Highheel Boots

I have been wearing my high heel boots for a while,but I don't like the way I look when I'm walking,so I'm trying to find out do they have free sites that can coach me,or is there any members that would not mind helping me with this? I want to learn how to walk more gracefully and not like a dude. Help!!!!!

I have often wondered this same thing, and looked for these same instructional sites! I'm not worried about looking like a dude in boots, but just want to be able to walk confidently...But, I think that feeling confident probably is the important ingredient to being able to walk confidently in my boots...Still working on that...D

You have no choice but to walk like a girl in high heels. That's just how it is with heels, regardless of what gender you are. Walk heel to toe, shoulders back and legs close together. I walk with my thighs brushing each other together, then again I've done a little bit of runway strutting! Just walk relaxed and love the boots. Good luck with your progress!

I have to agree with pumpcat on this one. You don't have to give up your masculinity just because you're wearing heels, but if you walk exactly like a guy, you're just going to look foolish, to put it bluntly. Stand up straight, look ahead of you, not down. Suck in your gut. Ok, pumpcat has no gut to suck in, but most of us do. The point is to tighten the abdominals and create a center, a focus point around which the walk can flow. Not only does this make us appear slimmer, but we'll walk better also. I also do the same as pumpcat, holding my thighs close together. Because I'm naturally bowlegged, it helps disguise that fact. Pick up your feet! Strut a little bit! I'll admit, some days I feel like I'm on fire, and other days I feel like I'm clomping around. It is unrealistic to think that you're going to feel your best 100% of the time. The best advice I can give is to video yourself, if you've got the equipment to do so. It can be very enlightening. It also allows you to experiment with different walks, to see what works for you. For example, after much experimentation, I discovered I need to consciously point my feet outward just a bit, because walking thighs close together, pumpcat style, causes me to walk slightly pigeon-toed. Also since I have such short legs, I find it looks much more attractive if I take longer strides. It is all personal preference of course, but the video doesn't lie. I highly recommend videoing yourself. Good luck!

Just go what feels natural. The sooner you realize this the sooner you will look natural. As guys we are not going to develop the same feminine gait as women due to our narrower set hips. Still we can rock them as guys with an awesome male gait if we let the heels guide us. As being fully adapted to high heels, I perform as well if not better in heels than most people in flats.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

after much experimentation, I discovered I need to consciously point my feet outward just a bit, because walking thighs close together, pumpcat style, causes me to walk slightly pigeon-toed.

I normally tend to walk with my toes angled out more than most people. High heels do tend to straighten that out a bit, but I do have to be conscious to keep my toes pointed straight ahead. Otherwise my heel can slip out on a polished vinyl floor. I haven't hit the deck yet, but I've done some embarassing flailing. :blush:

I normally tend to walk with my toes angled out more than most people. High heels do tend to straighten that out a bit, but I do have to be conscious to keep my toes pointed straight ahead. Otherwise my heel can slip out on a polished vinyl floor. I haven't hit the deck yet, but I've done some embarassing flailing. :blush:

I have had that problem to I always feel like I'm going to slip and fall.

Some guys walk terribly in heels and others walk just fine.

It's exactly the same with women too.

Ah, but corrective action is always possible, given enough effort, if you're part of the first group! Thank goodness for that.

Thanks for the compliment from mlroseplant! Looks like people want to copy my heels strut, pumpcat style. Also try to take longer strides if you can. I have very long legs and can walk very agresssive. I can strut like a supermodel, better in kneehigh boots than pumps, because my ankles are more stable. Just do that heel to toe, not the toe to heel crossover step that the models do. I saw tons of that at fashion week here in toronto. It doesn't look very comfortable at all. Learn to walk good in boots first, then go on to the shoes. Don't go so crazy and sprain your ankle, it will just slow down your progress. Take stafted advice: you should be just as comfortable in heels as you are in flats.