Any Advice?

lightknight8

I'm finding it difficult to get my wife to let me wear polish on my toes when I wear open toed heels. She'll let me wear heels out all the time, and is even ok with a clear coat. But for some reason a little color and she says no. I love her dearly, and it changes nothing about that. I was just wondering if there was any advice you could give?

Personally, I'd say she's compromised a lot already. Be respectful of her feelings, but at the same time make sure she's aware that it's something you want/need to do. A lot of people don't have nearly the amount of current support you do.

... but you are aware that you are already on the 0.00001 % of the WAF curve?

Posted Image

I think I'll wait a little while and let ...

Wrong, wrong, wrong. *shaking my head in disbelief*

You are sooooo lucky and still want to push her. Be content with what you have, 99% of men that want to wear heels in their relationship don't have this possibility.

If you do try to go for it. Maybe some night when your sitting around ask her if you could paint her nails. Talk with her and have a good conversation. Do that a couple of times. Then sometime when your painting her nails ask her if she would like to paint yours. The first time might be no. Maybe the next time will be sure. If she throws a chair at you, then disregard on last.

ha ha ha.... love the wife acceptance factor graph.... fortunately, I am I the high / insanely great area, my wife is the best!!!!

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Love the graph. It's like a picture, worth more than a thousand words. Don't push it with your wife. Respect her concerns. Your very lucky to have a woman who accepts so much already.

If you do try to go for it. Maybe some night when your sitting around ask her if you could paint her nails. Talk with her and have a good conversation. Do that a couple of times. Then sometime when your painting her nails ask her if she would like to paint yours. The first time might be no. Maybe the next time will be sure. If she throws a chair at you, then disregard on last.

hehe nice one als make sure ye don't have hot drinks in hand when asking

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Well, I sat down and talked to her a little bit. She felt much better after we had a conversation about how I feel about it. We compromised and I can do my toes after she gets used to me having a clear finish. I also did her toes for her, and that made her feel extra special. It was definitely a great weekend!

lightknight8, I think most here are right on target in that you already have more leeway than probably 90% of guys who wear heels/want to wear heels around their partners. Freestyle75 has provided you with you with perhaps the best viual aid imaginable so you can clearly see where you are. I like rocketmann's suggstion at offering to paint her nails. Do this several times and let her see that you only have clear polish on. My guess is she'll see you are staying within those limits she feels comfortable with but she'll also intuitively know that you also want a bit of color. It is natural to want to fully express yourself but give her the time to absorb the whole environment first. She'll bring up the subject at the right time and then tell how you still feel. Trust me. almost everyone here will tell you that nearly every partner loves it when her man does her nails for her and mine is no different. When in doubt refer back to freestyle's chart. Maybe he can do more drawings for us???? HappyinHeels

There is also a spectrum of nail colors you can explore together, some of which you both might agree on. My wife, for example, would not be at all happy with me in a bright red, dark blue, black, or brown nail polish, nor sparkles or designs. But she's fine with copper, satin rose, satin dusky rose, and other not-so-conspicuous colors. And I'm quite happy with those. They look...um...er..."polished" (well?), but not attention-getting, which is just fine with me.

So find out what her comfort zone is regarding colors and move in that direction first. The only rule to follow is to keep her happy.

Steve

Atta boy. For what it's worth, my big toe nails are UGLY, and wife prefers them painted. I usually go with Ford Blue. And the cool thing is, since I'm a Ford guy, all my buddies think it's OK. Or they just think I'm a nut.

Not just a nut, a blue one!

Steve

I'll definitely take it slow. She loves it when I wear heels and get all dressed up to the nines. So its only a matter of time until she's comfortable with some color. I'm looking forward to that day. In the meantime, I'll be happy with what I can have because she's been even more supportive as of late with wearing heels.

... but you are aware that you are already on the 0.00001 % of the WAF curve?

Posted Image

Wrong, wrong, wrong. *shaking my head in disbelief*

You are sooooo lucky and still want to push her. Be content with what you have, 99% of men that want to wear heels in their relationship don't have this possibility.

I've only just seen the graph - nice one! But isn't there an important category missing after 'Low', namely 'Outside the house by yourself'? I'm sure that many wives who are uncomfortable with seeing hubby in heels can just about accept him doing so away from home and out of sight.

I actually really like the graph! It shoes where my wife started and has moved towards over the last terror so. We were just recently married, so she was my fiancee during a lot of that time. In other news, I get to paint one of my big toe nails. I smashed it a few weeks ago and it looked like it was doing fine, but then I hit it against something and now its a very disgusting looking nail. She actually encouraged me to paint it until it falls off!

• 2 weeks later...

Haha, I just saw this graph, freestyle75 (it was linked from another thread). I love it, its absolutely brilliant. I am very lucky to be somewhere near the "Insanely Great" group with my wife. She sometimes asks me to back down a little bit, but in general, she pretty much lets me get away with far too much already, so I love and respect her for that :)

I've only just seen the graph - nice one! But isn't there an important category missing after 'Low', namely 'Outside the house by yourself'? I'm sure that many wives who are uncomfortable with seeing hubby in heels can just about accept him doing so away from home and out of sight.

Regarding the add another category comment, you can easily fix it to match both scenarios you describe by dropping a few words on the existing category - "Low - Wear heels? OK, only when I am not around."