Alonai.com - Any Experiences?

AZShoeNut

Howdy,

The last several times I have googled for heels in large sizes a web site for Alonai comes up. The web site looks pretty cheap and chincy however they claim to have been around for many years.

Have any of you had any experience with Alonai? How do their shoes fit? Are they worth a darn?

Thanks,

Larry

http://www.alonai.com/

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Howdy,

The last several times I have googled for heels in large sizes a web site for Alonai comes up. The web site looks pretty cheap and chincy however they claim to have been around for many years.

Have any of you had any experience with Alonai? How do their shoes fit? Are they worth a darn?

Well their hosting information backs up their "been around a while" claim. In internet years they're ancient:

Record expires on 08-Jul-2019.

Record created on 08-Jul-1999.

Database last updated on 10-Jan-2013 19:09:16 EST.

I can't seem to get much information about who is their hosting provider, but if they've been around since 1999 they're likely ok-ish. Can't speak to the shoes at all though.

One huge problem is if you force the site to https they're using a self signed ssl cert. Bad sign there. I generally skip those sites entirely.

Well their hosting information backs up their "been around a while" claim. In internet years they're ancient:

Record expires on 08-Jul-2019.

Record created on 08-Jul-1999.

Database last updated on 10-Jan-2013 19:09:16 EST.

I can't seem to get much information about who is their hosting provider, but if they've been around since 1999 they're likely ok-ish. Can't speak to the shoes at all though.

One huge problem is if you force the site to https they're using a self signed ssl cert. Bad sign there. I generally skip those sites entirely.

Eh?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thanks, Saudade, I never even thought of looking into that kind of thing. For my work I have to access a specification web site from a large aerospace customer. For the last several years I have received a SSL error every time that I go to their web site because they did not want to spend the time or money getting their certificate correct. Finnaly when nobody could access the website, globally, the got it fixed. What I came to understand was that SSL stuff can be a pain to deal with. Perhpahs that is the case with Alonai. My first thought is okay, if I like a pair of thier shoes I might try to purchase them. If I get burned it would be for $50 or less. Do you think that their SSL issue could lead to my credit card information being released or used inappropriately? Thanks, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

My first thought is okay, if I like a pair of thier shoes I might try to purchase them. If I get burned it would be for $50 or less. Do you think that their SSL issue could lead to my credit card information being released or used inappropriately?

The ssl bit is only a problem insofar that they're too cheap to buy an ssl cert from a "reputable" (i'm not a huge fan of ssl's trust model) vendor.

Feel free to buy, I just think ~$70/yr isn't too much to pay for a business.