Went Out In Heels Today...

JSLS

JSLS - your boots (post #1) look pretty good and are certainly acceptable for male street-heeling, in terms of both appearance and practicality. I suspect that they were only noticed and commented on because of their colour (blue/grey?) and contrasting heel, rather than because of the 3" height. After all, they are little different from a cowboy style. The same goes for my avatar boots, worn under jeans. The 2.75" heel is higher and narrower than is normal on a man's boot - but so what? It may well be noticed but does not really invite comment, adverse or otherwise. That said, I do recall a young girl (8 or so) telling her mother that I was a 'man wearing high heels'. Absolutely correct - she will go far!

JSLS - your boots (post #1) look pretty good and are certainly acceptable for male street-heeling, in terms of both appearance and practicality. I suspect that they were only noticed and commented on because of their colour (blue/grey?) and contrasting heel, rather than because of the 3" height. After all, they are little different from a cowboy style.

The same goes for my avatar boots, worn under jeans. The 2.75" heel is higher and narrower than is normal on a man's boot - but so what? It may well be noticed but does not really invite comment, adverse or otherwise. That said, I do recall a young girl (8 or so) telling her mother that I was a 'man wearing high heels'. Absolutely correct - she will go far!

The boots are a grey, darker than the picture would suggest. My flash is a bit bright haha! I don't know about 'acceptable'. Any footwear should be acceptable, but I think I know what you mean. As I said earlier in the thread, I got them just for wearing out, because of the style, lower heel, and overall practicality. I, too, wore my boots under jeans, although noticed whilst passing shop windows that they were more than visible. I wasn't trying to hide them or anything, they just look nice under jeans.

...does not really invite comment, adverse or otherwise...

Exactly. They're just my shoes.