Anybody Gotten Nicknames From Heeling

Curt

I've gotten a few! 1. Bootsy johnson. Very close to betsey johnson, fashion designer. This came from a friend that would never wear heels or his idea of fashion is a tshirt over stained sweatpants. 2. Clodhopper. My dad calls me that. I said you can call them high heels, I don't care. 3. Giraffe. I brother's girlfriend calls me that. I'm 6'2" or so with heels on, as if I really need them. She is just under 5 foot and a size 5 shoe. She put on my steep pumps, her feet were vertical. Cool! That's all, no negative comments, besides my shoes are just too loud.

Not so far from heeling. A colleague from the UK called me a "fashionista", a term I hadn't known before at that time (it is not that common in Germany). I like "bootsy johnson" the most - due to the closeness to the fashion designer's name, it almost has a positive connotation to it !

I was given a name, but it didn't come from heeling. Many, many moons ago I was really into crossdressing. A female friend who was into the alternative lifestyle went by the name Miss V. The one and only time I went out dressed was when she made me up. At the event, I needed a name. The first letter of my name is D, so she started saying Miss D, which then turned into Misty. Today, my wife calls me by "Your alter ego" when she wants to know if I'm interested in checking out some heels.