Perfect Walk In Pumps

Curt

I find that I walk perfectly in pumps with these guidelines. 1. Your body has to be quite upright, with a relaxed feel(not tense). 2. The shoes have to fit properly! Not too small and not too big. If your heels keep popping out, then your walk won't be very natural. I have a problem with my heels popping out. I have very narrow heels, so I have to use heel liners in my pumps, sometimes I double up on them. I want to get foot petals heel liners and ball of the foot pads, but I don't know where to buy them in canada. 3. Walk with your legs close together, not necessary to cross them over, but try to get the sway in the hips. 4. Walk with your knees a tiny bit bent. If your knees are bent way too much then your heels are too high for you. I'm not an expert but these have worked for me, and also watching a lot of women in high heels(not in a perverted way!). Just educational purposes! If anyone has any more to add to this or these methods have worked for them please post. I would love to see what you guys think. Keep heeling!

1. Shoulders back 2. Shoulders back 3. Shoulders back It's difficult to describe, but when I first start walking in very high heels, I tend to have my hips rolled forward too much. This gets tiring rather quickly. Relax, roll the hips backwards and let the buttocks sink down onto the heels. This creates a more natural heel-to-toe gait on the shoe, but does require faith that the heel will hold and not slide out. Also the hips will naturally need to wiggle more to accomodate your stride. This is a good thing. :rocker: When I get out of the car and start walking across the parking lot, and realize I'm stiff and self-concious, I just try to let the butt sink down into the heels and by the time I get to the door, it feels like a natural normal walk

For me, walking in heels hasn't been a problem as long as I am enamored with the heels and they fit properly. This fitting properly includes how the pumps caress my feet without causing pain or leaving too much room so that the shoes flop around on my feet. It also includes supporting the arch of my in-step area and wearing up to the maximum heel height that allows me to display the gaits of grace and dignity. Furthermore, my heels have to coordinate with the rest of my attire and they have to be appropriate for the activity. When all these are properly taken care of, the perfection increases as I actively go heeling.

Howdy, Interestingly, with the exception of when I first started wearing heels as a pre-teen, I have never had trouble making a smooth stride in heels until I started wearing them out without the backup of wearing them on Halloween or for a charity. What I observed, just two days ago, was that for me to walk well in a pair of tall pumps (5-inches and .25-inch platform) is that I have to get my head out of it. As I got out of my car and walked to the coffee house entrance I was thinking, "Okay, stand tall, shoulders back, smooth stride, etc," and I walked like crap. Then I got my coffee and was headed to the patio to sit for a few. As I walked to the patio I took my first few sips of my coffee. I was totally into the amazing cup of coffee and my mind was not on my walk at all and I had a totally smooth, perfect stride. So, when I walked out to my car I made a point to enjoy my coffee on the way and I walked perfectly. It was the perfect stride and a bit of ecstasy as well. Just my $.02. Best, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Ok I think we are all thinking about this way too much. Lol What I have found is that if you just "walk natural" you will be fine. Sure your stride is going to be smaller and you need to pay more attention to your balance, but honestly nothing else really should change. Like swaying your hips. The only reason a women does that is becuase of the way there natural walk is. If you watch some women sway their hips even when they are in flats. Its just how their bodies are designed to work. When I walk in heels my walk is no different than if I was in flats of some sort. Just saying.