freestyle75

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which pair should I take?

• Left one
    • Right one
    • Both, you only live once!
    • Save your money

Hi,

while browsing my favorite shopping sites, I found two pairs of boots that I really like.

Problem is: both run at around 750 USD, I've already mailed the shop whether they would be willing to offer some discount, but they don't. I've already spent way too much on footwear in the last couple of months, so while I originally told myself not to buy any of those two anymore, I found myself looking at the shop's website every day to see whether they are still there and whether they have been put on sale. I would buy both, but I am trying to limit myself. For both, my size is only available one time left.

Problem is: I am not sure which one to get:

Posted Image

I've just recently bought some stiletto boots, so the whole "stiletto" thingy is still new for me, and I probably won't wear them out that much, compared to my more block-heeled-type of shoes that I wear everywhere I go... grocery shopping, haircutter, postal office, shopping downtown, meeting friends, etc.

The left ones were the first ones that I spotted and fell in love with. I think these are much more formal than the right ones, so I probably would only wear them for going out on the weekends. I am not sure whether I would wear them for my everyday activities. I don't go out that often, so they would probably not receive much wear, but I really love them.

I discovered the right ones shortly after. In my opinion, they are much more "relaxed", i.e. not as formal, despite the stiletto. They are also kind of unusual with the color mix and would fit great to blue jeans. Despite the stiletto, they are non-formal enough (in my opinion) to also wear them casually. They would likely receive much more wear than the left ones.

No matter which pair I get, I will always feel that I should have gotten the other one. Which one would you choose and for what reason?

Your thinking of spending $750 USD on one pair of shoes and you just got into stilettos? You aren't going to wear them much? I think the right pair are the best looking but would never spend that kind of money on one pair! There are so many lower priced shoes that look great and are of good quality so you could get a nice selection of different shoes for that kind of money. If you do go for them I'd get the right ones! They are a more relaxed look and would be great with jeans and not too formal. Just my thoughts! Jim

Your thinking of spending $750 USD .... you aren't going to wear them much?

Well... I've also got an obscenely expensive tuxedo here, which I really don't wear much. I would wear both pairs much more often than my tuxedo, just to put things into perspective :-)

My preference is the pair on the right but $750 is way to too much for starters.

Look at some other sites for booties. ex. http://www.shopstyle.com/browse?fts=stiletto+ankle+boots#/browse/boots?fts=stiletto+ankle+boots&fl=p20:49

Or for something a little taller http://www.fernandoberlinboots.com/

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Money being no object the right hand pair is more stylish.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

$750? That's two car payments for me. I'm sure you can find less expensive alternatives.

Well.. if your car ever brakes down, you know where to get a nice looking pair of jackstands ;)

Freestyle75:

Thats a LOT of cash for ONE pair of boots, especially ankle type boots.

The one on the left looks like the boots from that movie ' Kinky boots ' with the top half cut off. The other is ' ok ', but for 750$?

I need to ask.. do you go out daily in heels or would this just be for ' occasional ' types of settings? If its your daily thing toi strut about in heels, it might be worth it but I think you could find 2,3 or even 4 good pairs of boots for that amount of cash.

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Did you try any of them? Does one give a better fit than the other? They are not my style, so my opinion may not be worth very much, but personally, given the money, I would prefer the right one, but I would never buy them without trying. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Ignoring the excessive price, I would suggest that one's overall intended image must be the key. The left pair are (heel and platform aside) quite a masculine look and imho would go well with anything from jeans to a suit. But the right pair, although smart and cheerful without being garish, are much more feminine and would only go with a smart-casual look or something deliberately more feminine, perhaps including a skirt. If I had the guts to wear heels like these openly, I would feel much more comfortable in the left pair (although pref without the platform) and indeed would want to show them off. I do like Thighbootguy's German supplier: the Model 112 crotch-high boot in particular could look good on almost anyone.

I just re-read the thread, and I now realize I totally misunderstood. Oops, I feel kind of silly. However, I'm not changing my vote. I can't help it, I totally love patent leather, and would hesitate to buy suede, as the weather here is not suede friendly. It might be different where you live.

Thanks for all of your answers!

Tough decision.

Normally, if I see a pair of shoes that I like, I just buy them. I understand that there are some on this forum that are "closet" heel dressers, wearing their footwear only at home. Not so with me, I am wearing all of my footwear to whereever I go, except for work. Due to wooden floors, I even try to avoid wearing heels at home in order not to leave any marks ;-)

Although I cannot say that it is "daily" (which would mean Monday-Friday, which is when I work), I wear nothing but heels / boots during my spare time. I wouldn't say that the money is wasted on something I never wear.

Still... all of you are right when you say that this is a lot of cash for a single pair of boots. I always prefer quality over quantity, so most of the shoes I own do come with a certain price tag. Yet, I agree to everyone who said that this is a quite expensive boot.

I searched for a similar pair across many sites... shopstyle, polyvore, zappos, zalando, saks, macys, selfridges, harrods, luisaviaroma, etc., probably having looked at thousands of boots -- yes, there are sites that sell similar styles, but either not in this quality (I try to avoid "men made upper" or "synthetic upper" as the boot doesn't breathe), or in a style (regarding the left one) that has a much higher platform and looks a bit more like the red light disctrict.

@ilikekicks: I've seen the movie "kinky boots"... well... what should I say. The left one might have some resemblence, but I've never seen a drag queen or a stripper with a pair of boots that had brogue detail on it (ok... I've not seen many strippers/drag queens anyway in my life yet). Besides, although the boots might look like patent leather, it is not a patent leather boot. The leather is just a high shine leather, similar to some men's shoes I own. In my opinion, the left ones closely match the style of men's brogue shoes, with a heel and platform.

I do think they are still "ok" also, although I agree that they are probably the most outlandish style I've ever considered.

I debated with myself where I am going to wear them (mostly clubs or going out), at which time of year (boots = fall/winter/early spring => bad weather), and which style I liked more in the end.

Since I started this thread, I checked back on the boots every single day, checked whether they are going on sale, and whether my size would still be available. At some point in time, they will be going on sale, probably at 30% off. Again, I asked myself what I would do if they were sold before I could get them. That's the last pair I've been able to hunt down. In the end, 30% off vs. probably not being able to get them at all is something I concluded was not worth the wait.

I didn't know which one to pick, but luvnheels idea to flip a coin was the right one. I flipped a coin, and out came the right one. I immediately felt bad about not getting the left one.

So... I just ordered the left one. Fingers crossed that they fit. If not, I can always return them.

----

Update: 4 hours later, and the boutique has reduced the price to 50% off... :text_wow:

I've just canceled my order and reordered the boots... both of them... :spin2: ... isn't that cool? two for the price of one...

Posted Image