Heeling/freestyling Resolutions For 2013

JeffB

For those of you who like to make resolutions when the new year rolls around, do you have any that involve heeling and/or freestyling? I have four of note: ---wear more five inch heels ---wear shorter skirts ---wear more dresses ---find new places to wear heels Your turn? Let's have some fun with this topic!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

For me.. it starts tonight. Playing a New Years gig! Im going to have ONE day a month I will call ' shock ' day. Its the day where I will actually go out just to draw reactions instead of just fitting in like I always do. Loud clanky metal heel tips. Maybe some tight clothing. Maybe even have some different colors done into my hair.. I dunno yet, its a topic Im sort of discussing with the better half right now as Im getting back to being 100% ' healthy ' ;)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Im going to have ONE day a month I will call ' shock ' day. Its the day where I will actually go out just to draw reactions instead of just fitting in like I always do.

Hmm! That sounds like fun! Perhaps I'll give that a try! :)

For me.. it starts tonight. Playing a New Years gig!

Im going to have ONE day a month I will call ' shock ' day. Its the day where I will actually go out just to draw reactions instead of just fitting in like I always do.

Loud clanky metal heel tips. Maybe some tight clothing. Maybe even have some different colors done into my hair.. I dunno yet, its a topic Im sort of discussing with the better half right now as Im getting back to being 100% ' healthy ' ;)

Sounds likw a fun evening! May have to give that "shock day" idea a thought myself!

Happy New Year!

For me it's 1. Wear more heels. I have a smallish collection but it's been difficult to get enough motivation to wear them in public along with skirts/leggings etc I do have a couple of pairs that I just got that I think are relatively work safe looking like male shoes from the front and block heels. 2. Get a pair of knee length boots. I'd like something a bit different and with a heel. May be something like:- http://newrockdirect.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/img_articulos/M.TR004-S1_2.jpg 3. As with JeffB I'd like to wear more skirts in public. Although I have a couple of dresses (from Long Tall Sally) I'm not sure about wearing them in public even though I think they look OK. I think the problem this year has been a combination of (lack of) confidence and embarrasesment. Maybe Ijust need to get on with things and just do what I feel like.

I will continue to dress as I feel fit, I will not be herded into the flock of sheep and their unimaginative fashion and definitely buy more outrageously colourful waistcoats to go with my bling and heels. Oh and I must post more pictures of me and MrsF out and about to show how easy it is to go public without fear of hassle.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I honestly don't know where this year could be going. Skirts or even more? I'll just have to wait(or not) and see what happens.

Edited by FreshinHeels

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

I really don't make resolutions but I'm real interested in leg warmers for a practical reason as well as fashion. I'm thinking ankle boost and skinny jeans with legwarmers.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I really don't make resolutions but I'm real interested in leg warmers for a practical reason as well as fashion. I'm thinking ankle boost and skinny jeans with legwarmers.

Leg warmers? They still make those things?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I share JeffB's ideas except I'll wear more 6" heels. I'll get to new places and I resolve THIS year to visit a store I've been to before, could be an Avenue, or DressBarn, or even a shoe store wearing capri pants with 5-6" wedge heels and expertly-polished toes. Who nows I might even wear an anklet and a toe ring too! It's an art form in progress. HappyinHeels

I don't think I've seen legwarmers with stilettos since the 80's. These days I see legwarmers usually worn with leggings and (flat-heeled) ankle or mid-calf boots and I quite like that look. Shafted, I guess that'd work with some heeled ankle boots too. I have 3 pairs of legwarmers (black, brown and red-wine coloured) that I usually under bootcut trousers (over tights) purely to keep warm.

As for resolutions, I think mine would be to rediscover some of the older shoes in my collection and incorporate those into my outfits.

If you like it, wear it.

Oh, yeah! I'm surprised, shocked even that I didn't add this particular resolution to my list: Wear my thigh high boots more!

Yep - - saw some at a retail boutique just the other day although from the looks of the display, I'd venture to say they were not for the general public, but more aimed at the professionals in stiletto's - - if you know what I mean

• 3 weeks later...

I have worn leg warmers for years to, um, keep my legs warm! I ride a bicycle alot and in winter they work wonders under a pair of trousers at keeping your legs warm and the great thing is that when you get inside you push them down or they are really easy to get off. Saves having to wear big, heavy long socks.

And I love the skinny jeans/legwarmers thing too. Just need some skinny jeans - already got leggings...

And I don't really make NY resolutions. I just decide I need to do more or less of something when ever I feel I need to do it!