Guy Wearing Women's Boots Poll

DPO

I was checking another site and noticed the following poll for a guy asking for opinions on wearing women's tall flat boots. Personally, I believe the OP in the thread cares too much what others thought, just wear what you want and who gives a damn. http://www.styleforum.net/t/328025/wearing-womens-boots Perhaps he needs some reassurance from some of our membership?

Thanks for your reply HappyinHeels. it isn't that I waste my time there, but feel the OP is looking for support in the wrong place completely. I wear tall flat boots at times; sometimes under my jeans, sometimes over, and few ever bat an eye. Those that do, I don't really care, because they aren't important to me anyway. Perhaps it's because I live in a place as indifferent as NY.

Lol indeed, as i mentioned few months ago in another topic, some people just love to troll no matter what :) Just today found these booties, really tricky i think even these would be hard to notice to be woman's boots. http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&season=actual&gender=women&seasProdID=57I&prodId=A922&des=063&cat=&group=shoes too bad 1: too expensive too bad 2: no higher size than eu 41 available too bad 3: no wide width either

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

Can't believe the vast majority think you would not get away with wearing them they have less heel than a lot of men's boots.

Ya beat me to saying such! ;)

I like those boots. I dont see why they wouldnt just ' blend in '.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Ya beat me to saying such! ;)

I like those boots. I dont see why they wouldnt just ' blend in '.

couldn't agree more.

Guess the woman whant all the "interesting" shoes/boots for themselves.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

couldn't agree more.

Guess the woman whant all the "interesting" shoes/boots for themselves.

I dont think thats true. I think the people whom dont want such to be the normal are the men whom have been indoctrinated of sorts into the ' hey, we wear jeans, tshirts and thats it ' crowd more then women.

Ive had very few comments from women that were discouraging. Its mostly men.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I thought the -getting away with it- rather tendentious already. It is phrased as if it is a crime. Like, if you are seen wearing anything that could be feminine, we will put you in jail. Jeez. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

OMG I love wearing womens boots. theres a pair of 5 inch knee high heeled boots target has that I am in love with. every time I go to target I put them on and walk the store shopping in them. I love wearing these boots. I may buy them. I love wearing and walking in them.

OMG I love wearing womens boots. theres a pair of 5 inch knee high heeled boots target has that I am in love with. every time I go to target I put them on and walk the store shopping in them. I love wearing these boots. I may buy them. I love wearing and walking in them.

If that were me, I would have bought them as soon as I tried them on and found that they fit ---- why wait?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I've enjoyed wearing flat-heeled knee boots over jeans/leggings. They definitely get noticed but more as a fashion statement; the same outfit with heeled boots seems to get noticed in a different more gender/sexual/moral way. Flat knee-high boots are very common in traditional mens east-european dress and they're really rather manly. I wouldn't be surprised if a woman wearing that style of boot 100 years ago would have been even less accepted than a guy might be wearing them today. I've seen another guy wearing that type of boot and it looked really cool and stylish. I agree DPO, he should just get out there and wear those boots and, exactly like yozz says, drop the "getting away with it" way of thinking for a more confident attitude (having said that I used to think that way and it's been a journey learning how to get over that, so good luck to the guy).

If you like it, wear it.

I thought the -getting away with it- rather tendentious already.

It is phrased as if it is a crime.

Like, if you are seen wearing anything that could be feminine, we will put you in jail.

Jeez.

Y.

you hit it right on the nail. wearing whatever shoes shouldn't be as big a deal as people make it out to be, it's not as if we are hurting anyone by it. at the end of the day, i would consider it more of a preference in style, and as such, is subjective.

Count me in on being owned, Ive been a womans boot lover and wearer for many years, behind doors that is, but my wife has been my biggest supporter, even buying things to go with them.

I've enjoyed wearing flat-heeled knee boots over jeans/leggings. They definitely get noticed but more as a fashion statement; the same outfit with heeled boots seems to get noticed in a different more gender/sexual/moral way. Flat knee-high boots are very common in traditional mens east-european dress and they're really rather manly. I wouldn't be surprised if a woman wearing that style of boot 100 years ago would have been even less accepted than a guy might be wearing them today. I've seen another guy wearing that type of boot and it looked really cool and stylish.

I agree DPO, he should just get out there and wear those boots and, exactly like yozz says, drop the "getting away with it" way of thinking for a more confident attitude (having said that I used to think that way and it's been a journey learning how to get over that, so good luck to the guy).

i wore a pair of flat knee-high boots over my jeans and went shopping with a female friend yesterday. we mostly went to stores that sold clothing for women since she needed to do some shopping, and i walked around to some stores alone as i was tired waiting for her sometimes. even did some grocery shopping and had dinner together after all that shopping. haha!

since they were wore outside my jeans, men and women definitely noticed. i had one or two women take a good hard look at me, but nobody made any comments (approval or disapproval). i was even joking around with some of the female customers and salespeople in the store when i was waiting for my friend in the changing room. even if someone made a negative comment or shown disapproval, i really don't give a $#!& and would have went about my business regardless. it's all about your confidence -- lack of it stinks, and people will smell it and take notice.

with the exception of height (slightly above/below/or hitting the knee) my boots can be considered androgynous since there are no buckles, logos, etc. my friend thought i dressed well and looked good. i save the heels with her for the bedroom.

The voting pattern suggests to me their idea of fashion-forward has yet to get out of neutral. Don't waste your time there as it looks pretty lame to me. HappyinHeels

Absolutely couldn't agree more. It's a men's forum, for men with similar interests in men's fashion designers. Here's a similar thread at The Purse Forum (a female dominated site) started by a man who wants to wear women's knee high riding boots. The feedback is almost all positive.

I've worn my pants tucked into women's knee high riding boots for years (part of why my user handle is kneehighs). From Moscow to Poznan to Riga and everywhere in between, never had a problem.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Absolutely couldn't agree more. It's a men's forum, for men with similar interests in men's fashion designers. Here's a similar thread at The Purse Forum (a female dominated site) started by a man who wants to wear women's knee high riding boots. The feedback is almost all positive.

I've worn my pants tucked into women's knee high riding boots for years (part of why my user handle is kneehighs). From Moscow to Poznan to Riga and everywhere in between, never had a problem.

I'd love to have a pair of women's riding boots which look seriously cool, but I can't seem to find them in my size without extra wide calves which would look awful on me. But I keep looking anyway.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree with wearing jeans tucked inside boots, whether they are flat or heeled the look is catching on for men. I am wearing my boots that way more and more these days. I am starting to see that look on men in my area more and more. Back in early December I saw two men wearing their jeans tucked inside their boots at church. As I don't wear jeans to church but heeled boots and heeled shoes with dress pants, tucking one's dress pants into boots just doesn't look right. I have even worn tights, jeggings and shiny leggings inside my boots, maybe some stares but no negative comments at all! Happy heeling, bluejay

• 1 month later...

I am not brave enough to tuck my jeans into my boots. I personally don't like the look for myself but other guys can definitely pull it off. The boots that this writer posted about look fine - they appear to be more unisex so anyone can wear them if they want to.

I have two pair of flat-heeled women's boots. They're the only women's shoes I wear outside my home on a regular basis. No one has a clue that they're women's boots, as I wear them under my jeans. I have a pair of medium-heeled (2-1/2") boots, too, and since they're block heels, people just assume it's a retro 70's thing.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

I am not brave enough to tuck my jeans into my boots. I personally don't like the look for myself but other guys can definitely pull it off. The boots that this writer posted about look fine - they appear to be more unisex so anyone can wear them if they want to.

It's mainly a problem of pant/jean selection

Hi JeffB,

I know what you mean, I have size 41 and am lucky to find many that do fit me.

I do of a place where they are available and look like feminine in some styles.

I'd love to have a pair of women's riding boots which look seriously cool, but I can't seem to find them in my size without extra wide calves which would look awful on me. But I keep looking anyway.

Check out the Gaborit site, look under "Boots for Guys" there is loads of awesome boots there, plus they can make boots from womens

style section in many styles in custom sizes too.

http://www.jean-gaborit.com/en/