Ripped of by Arch Enemy?

Vanity

Ripped of by Arch Enemy?

A big WARNING for that company. They just took my $130 and left me with nothing.

No answer or nothing for 3 months.

Buy somewhere else!!!!

This guys are unreliable. :D

"Vanity is my life and that's my name."

I just love High heels.

One very good reason for purchasing stuff on line using a credit card. Most of the time, you can get your money back if such things happen.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Look under the 'shops' heading (top of the main page on the forum) and add your comment and rating. I have really hammered 'Western Ranch' for doing the same thing. The more people on this board who make use of this facility will help give these internet rip-off merchants a difficult time. Xa

I came across the Arch Enemy's ebay shop a few weeks ago and was reading some of the feedback and comments the guy who owns is has made to those who put negative feedback against him. (His feedback rating was about 74% on several hundred sales which says something). He seems to have this arrogant notion that nobody has the right to complain about him. Those who complained about waiting two months for goods to arrive were, to him, impatient. I wish I could find the sign on again, because it would be worth posting a few comments on here, to show what he's like.

I'd be very careful about taking comments on feedback sites seriously Sometimes they are manipulated by rivals to praise or denegrate a particular product in order to show their own product in a better light. An obvious example is download.com where some reputable software products have been viciously attacked as "unreliable" "crashed my machine" "don't install this" etc. On closer exaimination most of the comments seem to have been written in the same style by the same person and all included exhortations to download xyz product instead. It makes you wonder... At least we can relay upon comments by hhboard members as they have built up a reputation over many hundreds of posts. I for one won't be buying from Arch Enemies ever. They have had too many adverse comments made against them here by what I know to be different people.

You must contact your Credit Card company IMMEDIATELY! I had the same problem with Shocking Stockings.com. I ordered a pair of shoes from them, they processed my order, debited my Credit Card of £120, and claimed to have dispatched my order. The shoes never arrived and the only way I could contact them was through a Hotmail address !!*? :D They refused to answer my many emails, and when I finally lost patience with them and contacted my Credit Card company to get my money, the Credit Card company wrote me a nice letter saying how sorry they were but the time had expired for claiming my money back. My advice to anybody buying on line is, if goods do not arrive within 6 weeks contact your Credit Card company and get your money back. 6 weeks is not impatience on the part of the customer, it's incompetence on the part of the vendor. If they can't do better than that, they are not worth dealing with. A lot of these companies don't keep any stock, they only have a catalogue . They use your money to buy the goods to sell to you, this is why some orders take so long.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

My one experience with Arch enemy's resulted in six months of waiting. Although it appears that the boots I recieved are TLSB, maybe thats the reason for the backlog? I think AE's main fault is not that they take a while, its that they fail horribly when it comes to customer service. They provide no details or any information that would alive one's fears after months of waiting. Even though six months was way too long, I think they could have handled it alot better. Even in my line of work I've been held up by a supplier, you can only do what you can do. But you have to be reasonable when it comes to contact with the consumer. Being treated like a mushroom is not a good way to make a re-occuring customer. Good luck with your purchase. Jim Btw, my second time buying mail order boots was from Punitive shoes, and I got my boots in 2 days :D (that, and they knocked $100 off the cost since I bought a pair they'd made up for someone else who cancled)

(formerly known as "JimC")

Like a number of Internet sales outlets, people advertise styles and types of merchandise that they have to commission when ordered by customers because they do not keep adequate stock on hand, which results in long delivery times. If they mentioned to you that your order would have to be crafted before they could maile it to you, you propably would have gone directly to TLSB yourself and -- perhaps -- saved you at least 20% on the cost and 4 months on time go get them. It's a "crap-shoot" out there. You might wish for "snake eyes" come up short every time. Play your money -- take your choice.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

:D Thanks everybody for your comments and encouragement! I guess we knew that it was uncertain to order on I-net, but what to do if you see something you like. AE has a lot to offer. And you get frustrated when you don't get it!!! Anyhow, is there somewhere we can put our opinion on things like this? Finally, thanks for a great place to meet for all of us heel-fans. /Ninni and Dannyboy

"Vanity is my life and that's my name."

I just love High heels.

• 2 weeks later...

Came across their ebay shop this morning. Just so everybody knows, the id he uses is Wallcrawler-com. I did notice on his sales, he uses a very cute policy warning: Note: About 1% of our auctions may be a "pre-sale" listing depending on inventory miscounts that may arrise. A "pre-sale" item is simply and item that is listed but not currently in stock. Per eBays policy a "pre-sale" item may be listed if the seller can guarantee delivery of this item within 30 dayy or money back. Although all our items are in-stock & ready to ship we want you to be aware of this policy. From reading some of the comments in the past, it would seem that the 1% is being stretched a little. Have a read of some of the feedback from buyers as well. It does make interesting reading.