Stilettos: A Point Of Power

rdssh1377

For some the power of stilettos is in the way they make the wearer feel; assertive, confident and sexy? For others the power of stilettos is in the attitude they inspire? And others find the power at the end of a stilettos pencil-thin tips? Maybe you find the power of stilettos in the ability to seduce and mesmerize the onlooker? Then again, Is the power of stilettos in the fashion statements they add? So where do YOU find the power of stilettos? Any what is your reason for such attachment to it? I'd love to know your story...

post-19389-0-41438500-1355591267_thumb.j

regards,

rdssh1377

For me, it is none of the things you listed, although it's true I find the very thin end of the heel very sexy. I like two things: 1) The athleticism required to walk well in stilettos. I do not get a kick out of tottering like some do. I really dislike it when people can't walk properly in their heels, and 2) the sound. Especially stiletto mules. There is no happier sound than a woman (or man, for that matter) walking briskly in mules, giving the alternating click/slap sound.

For some the power of stilettos is in the way they make the wearer feel; assertive, confident and sexy?

For others the power of stilettos is in the attitude they inspire?

And others find the power at the end of a stilettos pencil-thin tips?

Maybe you find the power of stilettos in the ability to seduce and mesmerize the onlooker?

Then again, Is the power of stilettos in the fashion statements they add?

So where do YOU find the power of stilettos? Any what is your reason for such attachment to it?

I'd love to know your story...

All of the above. Heels are such a normal part of my life, I feel clumsy and self-conscience in flats.

I like two things: 1) The athleticism required to walk well in stilettos. I do not get a kick out of tottering like some do. I really dislike it when people can't walk properly in their heels, and 2) the sound.

So true. It's a wonderful sight indeed to see someone 'performing' effortlessly in high stiletto heels. In fact the stiletto wearers IMHO seem to have an edge in finesse on their feet.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I must agree wit you on the sound of stilettos. You are right about that as the acute click of stilettos has a most captivating and exotic enticement. This too is a VERY powerful factor in heels. For me its the acute clicking sound of pencil thin metal heels on tiles or asphalt or concrete. Its a truly amazing sound that carries a powerful aura.

regards,

rdssh1377

To add my two cents worth, I do feel a sense of empowerment when I'm wearing spike heels, I feel bold and confident, maybe even a tad arrogant since I proudly and openly wear women's shoes in public and make no bones about it either. In addition, I won't deny a level of egotism as I can walk in stilettos just as well as any woman, in some cases, better as I've had women tell me they wouldn't dare or can't wear high heels like I do. That's a powerful endorsement to be sure. And yeah, the wonderfully hypnotic sound of my heels clicking on pavement or tile floors as I walk is absolutely delicious!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I just switched the tips on my platform pumps from rubber to plastic. I love the sound and the attention it captures! I get dirty looks from people all the time. Why do I need some kind if approval from someone I don't know. I'm getting offtopic. Stilleto heels or really high, loud heels are empowerment and well as an increase in height.

By working in a corporate environment that until a few years ago was considered "the boys club" I find wearing heels serves two purposes; one psychological and the other physical. As for the psychological, wearing a great looking pair of heels makes me feel stronger and more convincing while being secure in my femininity. Since I'm not what you would call short in stature, I love the way a pair of 4 inch heels has me eye-to-eye with most everyone in the room (and in some cases taller). That adds to confidence and in many cases credibility. As for the physical, walking in heels requires your gait to change by requiring you to walk with your chest out, tummy sucked in and hips back. All of this creates in my mind a stronger, more confident image. Thus, heels provide a power point for me!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

As for the physical, walking in heels requires your gait to change by requiring you to walk with your chest out, tummy sucked in and hips back. All of this creates in my mind a stronger, more confident image. Thus, heels provide a power point for me!

Debbi, it's nice to know that they do the same thing to the male body and in the same positive way. (as many of us have discovered)

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Debbi, it's nice to know that they do the same thing to the male body and in the same positive way. (as many of us have discovered)

Amen to that, my friend! Amen!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

The feeling of being in tall heels is one that I cannot describe. It truly is a feeling that I have waited my whole life for. And I want to go higher. I want to feel the sexiness of a 5 inch heel (minus the platform) and even higher. For me, the thrill of a heel comes from the feeling of just wearing them, and the sound they make.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never worn 5" heels before. I would like to try it if I could walk good in them. I love my 4" pumps, they are tall and sexy enough for me. They make me feel larger than life.

By working in a corporate environment that until a few years ago was considered "the boys club" I find wearing heels serves two purposes; one psychological and the other physical. As for the psychological, wearing a great looking pair of heels makes me feel stronger and more convincing while being secure in my femininity. Since I'm not what you would call short in stature, I love the way a pair of 4 inch heels has me eye-to-eye with most everyone in the room (and in some cases taller). That adds to confidence and in many cases credibility. As for the physical, walking in heels requires your gait to change by requiring you to walk with your chest out, tummy sucked in and hips back. All of this creates in my mind a stronger, more confident image. Thus, heels provide a power point for me!

I should feel offended yet, on the contrary, I guess I'm crap outta luck then... *hangs up stiletto heels* I've got a beer belly on me (I don't even drink!) and unless I do something about it, it's just me and wedges for now~

Formally "HHDude"

• 2 weeks later...

Woman already have ALL the power. Heels or no heels. They just don't know it or don't use it. Shhh, don't let them know. Debbi, I liked your reply very much. Mens outlook on heels is never what the outlook of who the shoes were designed for. Its nice to hear what's its REALLY about.

Thank you HEELS2U! My DH says the same thing...we have all the power! Frankly, I'm happy with a 50/50 split!

As for the heels, I look at them as a wonderful accessory and I am happy to have so many choices in style. I really feel sorry for men having so few choices and such unattractive styles. I'd be bored to tears if I had to wear what my DH wears most every day. That said, I can understand why men look at our shoes with different points of view. Some see them in a sexual/seductive context, while others see them as an expression of "power". And there are those who don't care and probably don't notice.

For me, if someone sees my shoes as an expression of my self-confidence as a well dressed professional, that's OK. If they see them as sexy, I'm fine with that, too. I think we all have our reasons for loving heels. It's simply as varied as we all are.

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

As to the thread topic of the allure of wearing stiletto heels I would agree the look of the slender heel and the ability to efficiently move about in that heel does convey confidence regardless of the sex of the wearer. There is also the undeniable sound it makes on a hard surface like a tile floor or a sidewalk, an almost hypnotic beat that may remind one of a tropical country or some other seductive place. As to "the rise of women" this is not news to me. Something as simple as taking note of all the cars around you as one makes their daily commute to and from work tells me of the enormous rise of women in the work force. HappyinHeels