Altis Vs. Daffodiles

PatsyCline

Got my Alti 160 spike pumps today. What a difference between the Daffodiles and the Altis. The 20mm less platform makes the Altis seem so much higher than the Daffodiles. And yes, I've already scratched myself and put a run in a pair of hose.

post-19224-0-35447100-1355351739_thumb.j

"Porsche...There is no Substitute"

Got my Alti 160 spike pumps today. What a difference between the Daffodiles and the Altis.

The 20mm less platform makes the Altis seem so much higher than the Daffodiles.

And yes, I've already scratched myself and put a run in a pair of hose.

Congrats on the new Alti 160s! They are lovely! With the lower platform I would assume the pitch is similar to a Pigalle 120. I tried the 120 and the pitch killed me, so I ended up with the Pigalle 100. Have always wondered how the Daffs wear, though.

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

I found the Daffodiles easy to walk in once I got used to the shoes. The Altis were much harder with the extra height of the arch. I was curious about the Pigalles with the lack of a platform, don't your feet hurt because sole isn't very thick? I thought you would feel every little pebble that you walk on.

I found the Daffodiles easy to walk in once I got used to the shoes. The Altis were much harder with the extra height of the arch.

I was curious about the Pigalles with the lack of a platform, don't your feet hurt because sole isn't very thick? I thought you would feel every little pebble that you walk on.

The soles are rather thin, but most of my walking is on smooth surfaces, so it's not a problem. But I'd NEVER wear them if I had to get off a paved surface!

I know Daffs would look like horse hooves on me, but I have been fascinated with them from the beginning!

Unfortunately, no! As you know Louboutins have weird sizing, so I have tried on everything from a 40.5 to a 41 to a 41.5 and even a 42 (my normal size is 41)! That's why I worry that Daffs would look way too heavy and clunky...but I still am attracted to them for some unknown reason!

You are lucky!!! I think Louboutin is really working to standardize his sizing so there is not so much variance. It's frustrating to have to order and return shoes!

Standardizing sizing is a difficult endeavor. The only way is to standardize lasts. This in itself becomes a creative restriction for shoe designers.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

You are lucky!!! I think Louboutin is really working to standardize his sizing so there is not so much variance. It's frustrating to have to order and return shoes!

I think we should come together to squeeze out those companies that don't offer free returns on their wares. I Just don't order from them at all anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a pair of Daffys, and they are so comfortable. The wider heel makes so much difference, I wore them all day today. After a couple of hours I completely forgot I was wearing them.

I bought a pair of Daffys, and they are so comfortable. The wider heel makes so much difference, I wore them all day today. After a couple of hours I completely forgot I was wearing them.

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy them....and it sounds like you already have!!

I would like to get a few more pairs in different colours, but I'm not sure if they were last year's models, as I haven't had any luck finding another pair. I wonder if there's a way to contact each store, via email for text, to ask if they have any in their inventory?

You may want to join the Purse Forum. They have a special site for those of us who love Louboutins. It's a great resource.