The price of ballet boots is falling dramatically

Richy

That's what it appears anyway. You can currently get any number of ankle boots, under the Hot Peppers label, for around £60 on ebay. Even a pair of thigh lengths will only cost about £100. It can't be much longer before the stores start having to charge less for them in order to compete with ebay sales.

I've just bought a pair of locking ankle boots on ebay for £56+£15 postage. Even with the customs tax, it's not going to reach £90 for a pair of boots that retails for £125 on the Bananashoes site.

• 1 month later...

The old saying you get what you pay for holds true. The new cheaper ballet boots are coming out of china. Not directly a bad thing but I am waiting to see how the boots hold up. If you plan to wear your boots alot or just want a pair that are very high quality you do have to pay more.

If I make it to London I will definatly be wanting to stop at TLSB and get a pair custom made. I can't afford it now but I will save up for when I can make it over there :D

That said.. I'm planning on buying a pair (or two) of the inexpencive ballet boots. If anyone has tried a pair I'd be interested in hearing what they think of them.

Jim

http://www.balletboots.net

(formerly known as "JimC")

As I understand it, Devious are part of Pleaser. I've tried on a pair of the Devious ballets and they seemed to be well-made, although this is the only pair I've tried on, so I'm no expert. I have a few pairs of Pleaser boots / shoes though and am happy with them. Chris

• 3 months later...

I've got the ballet 3000 - as I mentioned somewhere else around here - and the patent leather ankle boots w/ the padlocks from devious. They are very solid and I really doubt if I could ever break them except with some kind of sledge-hammer. I also got the front lace black leather thigh high ballet boots 'Justine' from Punitive. They're very well made too! - Needless to say, I'm having fun with those... :roll: CU! -Mike