A couple of my own favourites

These are a couple of my favourite boots, mainly because of the comfort factor. The first pair I only bought about five days ago from Brantano, and after work they have rarely been off my feet (which includes doing all the shopping). The leather is so thin it's like wearing a pair of gloves on my feet. They're a size nine, about a c or d width and only £45. The best pair of boots I've ever bought.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The other pair I have seen surprisingly few comments about (in fact none at all), since they were from the Faith range last winter. They were unusual because of the double zip. A friend of mine had a similar pair which she swore by as being so easy to get on and off. She was right. They are also very stylish for a man's style with the square toe. The only problem can be the width which is a "a" width (fairly narrow) which meant going to a size 10. Hopefully they will do them again next season.

Posted Image

Posted Image

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Richy on 2002-03-05 23:01 ]</font>

Hey Richie, way to go, excellent choice to prove the world heels look good on men too. Practical heels for all genders is not utopic. Besides being stylish they also look very comfy. Ideal combination. I would like to see if anybody can voice anything negative (with sensible rationale) about these heels on men.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Just as a footnote (excuse the pun). I took a trip up to Birmingham today by train, and have been in the Brantano Boots all day with no problems whatsoever. They are extremely comfortable for long term wear, even when wondering around town centres for a couple of hours. I also didn't get any negative reaction off anybody, even though the heels were in full view most of the time. The only reaction I got was a huge smile of young woman on the train coming home.

For the stiletto fans, BTW, Jeff Bains are now selling a couple of Pierre Silbers range under the brand name of the highest heel. They have courts with a solid brass 5" stiletto heel and also ankle boots with high black heels which are listed on the Pierre Silber site as Aftan Boots.

http://us.st8.yimg.com/store4.yimg.com/I/pierresilber_1678_4961978

http://us.st8.yimg.com/store4.yimg.com/I/pierresilber_1675_2505768

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Richy, Love those pumps with the metal heel shaft, I've got a simular pair, wicked! Terayon, ankle boots are great with pants, I have some and only wear them with jeans / pants in the cooler months. Knee boots I agree are pretty cool, they work best with skirts, very appealing. You're lucky, getting a woman's point of view here. Inga :smile:

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

I agree with Inga. Knee boots are wasted, and can be too warm, if you are not wearing a skirt. Except that is, if you really enjoy the feel of them. Out of my collection, I have 50 pairs of ankle boots and maybe a couple of knee boots. I like the last boots posted the most. They are somewhat remeniscent of the "Squash" style, also by Faith, of which I have an example in dark brown.

That pair with the brass heel... That is on my list to try on Wednesday when I go pick up a few new pairs. I tried them in 11 and too big, so maybe if I ask they can get in 10s for me. And then they go into work rotation. If I get them, that is. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Laurieheels on 2002-03-17 20:38 ]</font>

• 1 month later...

Ritchie, agree on the looks on those boots, very acceptable. For some reason - my somewhat flat feet - any curve in the shoe making the heel part of my foot less angled than the arch part is uncomfortable for me - I have to look for boots or shoes where the slope from heel to the flat part is an even steady slope, and I've been finding that hard of late

• 1 year later...

Richy:-) Both pairs of boots in your pics look quite comfortable and being that you took them shopping without breaking them in first, they would have to be. I like the styles with the squared off toes and the chunky heels. My type of boot. They would look stealthy under longer boot-cut jeans, and no one would be the wiser. How high are the heels? Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Richy, thank you for giving the name "Victoria" - I'll promptly try and get myself a pair. As has already been commented, boots like that are the PERFECT sort of style to show the world that we men can look stylish, tasteful and fashionable in high heels. UK guys might also like to look at a couple of similar Brantano styles that I wear out-and-about a great deal: "Dollar" and "Banbury" (kindly illustrated below by Robert). Both are ankle boots with a 3 1/2" chunky heel similar to Richy's "Victoria" with broad, square masculine toes, but with plainer uppers without the stitched seams. Both are avaible in two or three colour choices. "Banbury" goes up to and including size 10UK, and "Dollar" goes up to a size 9 which runs pretty large. Both fit my size 9 1/2 UK male foot. Regarding Brantano, another tip is to browse through their smaller ladies' sizes, but look at the boxes accompanying each pair. The label gives the full size-range available in each and every style (say, 4 - 8 or 3 - 10). That way, if you spot a knockout style that is only on shown in a small size, you can order it in your size and still try it on when it arrives with no obligation to purchase. I've done that with Brantano on a number of occasions! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

My mistake. The Brantano style is actually called Victory (I was working from memory so forgive me). I don't know whether they still do them, but they also did a very nice line in a shoe boot called Boston with a 3" heel and rounded toe.

Richy, Heelfan, and Robert:-) Thanks very much for the information and pics on the different styles of boots you all posted. They would all fit into my street-heeling requirements. Now I will have to do some shopping and see if I can locate them. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!