Slimming Down! Need New Boots!

SandalFan

I haven't gone street-heeling in over a year, partly because I grew tired of it, partly because I didn't want to risk finding candid pics of myself online, and partly because I gained weight. Those last two factors were my main concerns.

Last month, I discovered I was just 3 lbs shy of 200. At 5' 9.5", 200lbs is not a pleasant sight or feeling, especially for someone who still enjoys wearing heels around the house.

So, I decided to take a page from the Japanese guide to healthy eating, ditched my sodas in favor of water, got rid of my potato chips, and started practicing portion control when I eat.

I've lost 20 lbs so far this month, and I feel fantastic! If I can lose enough to be able to look down at my feet without having to suck in first, I'll be exstatic! I may even start street-heeling again! :D

With that in mind, while I don't post much anymore, I have observed an increasing trend in combining heels with womens clothing. Personally, that's never been an interest of mine. I much prefer mens clothes, I just really like heels. Black Levis and T-shirts are my mainstays. I have five pairs for each weekday so I don't have to expend any thought in what I'm going to wear from day to day. I also grew a beard last year. I keep it trimmed at 10 cm all around. It looks awesome, and feels great!

The only trick with heels now is finding a pair that will look good with a beard while in public. I prefer ankle boots, and have found three possibilities:

Option 1: http://www.leatherup...ots/347826.html

Option 2: http://www.leatherup...ots/347898.html

Option 3: http://www.leatherup...ots/347760.html

Option 1 looks a bit "space age". I keep imagining a Biker version of The Jetsons cartoon, so those are out.

I like the buckles on Option 2, but my wife loves the studded buckles on Option 3. They do look pretty kick-ass, so I'll probably go with them.

Wish me luck! :)

EDIT: Option 3 orderd, and shipped! They should be here by December 7! :D

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

I also grew a beard last year. I keep it trimmed at 10 cm all around.

That would be quite a long beard. You sure it isn't 10 mm?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Just checked my trimmer. D'oh! Yeah, 10 mm,. hehe

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

With that in mind, while I don't post much anymore, I have observed an increasing trend in combining heels with womens clothing. Personally, that's never been an interest of mine. I much prefer mens clothes, I just really like heels.

Same here if ( and when ) I can find male clothes that fit.

Congrats on shedding a few lbs. Im trying to go the opposite direction and gain a few ( about 30 ). :D

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

You've inspired me to get serious about shedding a few pounds. I don't do soda pop, but I do too many chips and snacks. I can do better on portion control, too. All three boots are great, but I think getting the ones that your wife likes best is the best choice, no matter what YOU think! If she's happy, you will be too. If she isn't...well, don't even go there! Good luck. Post some pics when you get the boots, and show us where your pot belly isn't any more! lol Steve

In the last year and a half I gained over 20 pounds!! Is this what happens when you turn 40? Any way I still wear my heels out, but my weight does make me more conscience. These days I really don't care, if I find an unauthorized picture of me online I will ask them/host to remove it.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

First I would like to say congrats on the weight loss. Second, congrats on being able to find awesome boots in your size. I have a hard time with finding heels I like in my size. As for wearing something to go with your beard, well that is a tough one. I myself wear a full beard and could stand to lose a few pounds, however I wear the heels I feel like wearing. I say wear the shoes you like. Nikki

I think a well kept short beard would look good on the well dressed guy in heels. Just avoid a long or bushy beard. That's bound to freak people out.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Thank you all for the feedback and support. I appreciate it. :)

Post some pics when you get the boots, and show us where your pot belly isn't any more! lol

Will do!

I think a well kept short beard would look good on the well dressed guy in heels. Just avoid a long or bushy beard. That's bound to freak people out.

Could not... agree more...

A well-groomed beard tells people you hate shaving but want to look good, too. hehehe

Sandalfan, congrats for your efforts and successes ! Yes I also want to do portion control, but that does not work with a sport activity, and especially an irregular one (two month with regular, then the next without any excercise). Each time I do I am so hungry I eat like 4 people. Yet the hungriness does not stop during no sport times. What aliments does your book propose to stop the hunger without eating that much calories ?

What aliments does your book propose to stop the hunger without eating that much calories ?

I'm not using a book. I was speaking metaphorically when I meantion the guide to healthy eating. As a culture, one thing the Japanese are known for is portion control when eating. All I'm doing is using the serving guides on the food I eat as a measuring stick. For example, I have:

- One Leggo Waffle for breakfast in the morning instead of two.

- Two servings of Triscuits (12 crackers) with Chedder cheese spread during lunch at work instead of the couple handfulls of Doritos I used to eat.

- 4 oz of fries for dinner at home instead of the couple handfuls I used to eat.

- I grill one 4 oz burger instead of two.

- One Kit-Kat (4 bars) for desert.

I'm not at all active. I don't even exercise, so I don't feel any more hungry than I used to, and the servings I limit myself to now actually fill me up. I also use small plates for dinner - research suggests that small plates trick the eyes into thinking you're eating more than you really are. Portion contorl also lets you to indulge in bigger meals if you've got plans for a holiday dinner or a night out.

I haven't gone street-heeling in over a year, partly because I grew tired of it, partly because I didn't want to risk finding candid pics of myself online, and partly because I gained weight. Those last two factors were my main concerns.

Last month, I discovered I was just 3 lbs shy of 200. At 5' 9.5", 200lbs is not a pleasant sight or feeling, especially for someone who still enjoys wearing heels around the house.

So, I decided to take a page from the Japanese guide to healthy eating, ditched my sodas in favor of water, got rid of my potato chips, and started practicing portion control when I eat.

I've lost 20 lbs so far this month, and I feel fantastic! If I can lose enough to be able to look down at my feet without having to suck in first, I'll be exstatic! I may even start street-heeling again! :D

With that in mind, while I don't post much anymore, I have observed an increasing trend in combining heels with womens clothing. Personally, that's never been an interest of mine. I much prefer mens clothes, I just really like heels. Black Levis and T-shirts are my mainstays. I have five pairs for each weekday so I don't have to expend any thought in what I'm going to wear from day to day. I also grew a beard last year. I keep it trimmed at 10 cm all around. It looks awesome, and feels great!

The only trick with heels now is finding a pair that will look good with a beard while in public. I prefer ankle boots, and have found three possibilities:

Option 1: http://www.leatherup...ots/347826.html

Option 2: http://www.leatherup...ots/347898.html

Option 3: http://www.leatherup...ots/347760.html

Option 1 looks a bit "space age". I keep imagining a Biker version of The Jetsons cartoon, so those are out.

I like the buckles on Option 2, but my wife loves the studded buckles on Option 3. They do look pretty kick-ass, so I'll probably go with them.

Wish me luck! :)

EDIT: Option 3 orderd, and shipped! They should be here by December 7! :D

I no what you mean I'm 60 pounds more than you,and i'm trying to shed as many pounds as I can because I want to be able to wear my highheel boots and be comfortable wearing them I wish you lots of luck..

I no what you mean I'm 60 pounds more than you,and i'm trying to shed as many pounds as I can because I want to be able to wear my highheel boots and be comfortable wearing them I wish you lots of luck..

I am 20 more pounds than that (280) and I think I may break my new stilettos since they weren't designed for someone of my weight. Anyone know stilettos that could support me?

I like all 3, not too much difference from one to the other. As far as street heeling with a beard, i do it all the time and I do it with thinner stiletto heels both shoes and boots. I also prefer "male" attire and never get any negative comments. There are always looks but these are more of puzzlement then any thing else. It's nice being 50'ish as I don't really concern myself with others thoughts. Get the pair you most want and go for it again.

Although portion control is good, choice of the food you eat will also help a great deal. Your example day below does not sound very healthy and nutritious! Where is the fruit and vegetables?

For example, I have:

- One Leggo Waffle for breakfast in the morning instead of two.

- Two servings of Triscuits (12 crackers) with Chedder cheese spread during lunch at work instead of the couple handfulls of Doritos I used to eat.

- 4 oz of fries for dinner at home instead of the couple handfuls I used to eat.

- I grill one 4 oz burger instead of two.

- One Kit-Kat (4 bars) for desert.

Your example day below does not sound very healthy and nutritious! Where is the fruit and vegetables?

I lost the taste for them when I was a kid. No idea how. I've tried them again, a number of times over the years, but just can't stomach the taste or texture.

I tried a banana a few months ago, but my gag reflex kicked in on the third bite so I threw it away. Apples taste like uncooked potatoes, and I hate apple juice. I tried V8 juice once, a year or so ago, and wound up spitting out the first sip. For that matter, I could barely take the first sip because the juice smelled so bad.

Simply put, I've become a meat and potatoes kind of guy. My favorite foods include:

Burgers

Fries

Beef and pepperoni pizza - I make my own using Chef Boyardi pizza mix

Baked potatoes

Fried shrimp

Chicken

Fish fillets

Pork chops

Well, this is just me, but I prefer being clean shaven when on my little adventures, I think it's a nicer look. Of course, having been in the military (Navy) for twenty years made shaving on a regular, almost daily basis natural as breathing. But hey, to each their own.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Congrats on the weight loss SandalFan and I really like your taste in boots. I would wear any of the boots you had linked, and in fact own a couple of pairs that are pretty similar. But, I might have to add a pair of those Xelement boots to my collection :)

• 2 weeks later...

My new boots arrived on the 4th, but, sadly, they're too small. I had a sneaking suspicion they might not fit, but they looked too cool not to try. I can slip them on and zip them up, but my toes had no wiggle room whatsoever. Apparently, I still wear a 10.5 or 11 womens boot - the lace-up ankle boots I got at Payless a few years ago are a size 11. Unfortunately, the biggest size Leatherup.com has is 10, which is what I ordered.

I'm returning them today.

SandalFan, Yeah, that happens. It's a fact of life when ordering online. Maybe someday somebody will invent a way to try on clothes and shoes over the internet. But for now, the postal service, UPS, and Fedex make out very well on returned orders. I returned 3 pair of shoes I tried last month. Not a good score, unfortunately. The good news is that there will be more new shoes in the future to try! Steve