Bakers Gone Bust-Chapter 11 Filing

HappyinHeels

Anybody been to a Bakers recently? I need to go to the two closest (relatively) to me that are closing (Chesterfield Mall) and (St. Clair Square). Not sure what to expect. What's the environment for a Bakers like?

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/

Normally a Bakers is a one-on-one sales experience as their stores are staffed by commissioned sales people. The shoes and accessories are meticulously arranged and, after picking out something, the sales associate brings you the shoe in your size the way it used to be at places like Tom McCann, Kinneys, and Chandlers. If you go to a Bakers that is soon to close you'll find signs showing size and a bunch of boxes (the remnants of their inventory) so you can quickly locate your size and see what they have left. They were always a very welcoming company to all of us here but, in the retail world, it is about staying in the black by keeping the public's attention interested in your product. Go there NO LATER THAN SUNDAY 30-DECEMBER! HappyinHeels

Hey All,

I am told that the liquidation stores (those that are closing) will be open through Monday 31 December. For people in the Chicagoland area the stores that will NOT be closing are the River Oaks Mall store in Calumet City, the Chicago Ridge Mall store in Chicago Ridge, the North Riverside Mall store on Cermak Road, the Harlem-Irving Plaza store on the nortwest side, and the Woodfield Mall store in Schaumburg. Prices are 50-80% off their normal range. I caught the flu so I shouldn't venture out today but my wife is visiting her mother in Mexico so we will not be opening gifts until she gets back in early January. Until then may you all have a great Christmas! HappyinHeels

My goodness, HappyinHeels, you made me a happy guy today! I only just checked out this thread since my post. Great to know that my store in Cal City is sticking around a bit longer :D Course, I need to get a move on with finding a job, that's for sure. I want to nail at least a pair of their shoes before stock disappears~

Formally "HHDude"

Didn't have a chance to post last weekend, but here are the pairs I picked up. Look for them in the new boots/shoes threads soon. The whole lot cost less than $75 at two different stores. The best finds were in the back row at the St. Clair Square, IL location that closed. The Chesterfield Mall location had far less to offer, with most shoes in a size 10 or smaller. The flats in front row were the best picks.

post-3445-0-02654900-1357171023_thumb.jp

A Man's Shoe Obsession: A blog of a man who loves high heels and women's shoes. http://amaninheels.tumblr.com/