What Has This Forum Brought To You?

Black_Boots

Hello, It's been a long time I did not write anything, but that does not mean I didn't do anything about heels! Actually, I moved a lot forward. I followed some advices I read around here, and bought block heels boots or ankle boots, instead of stiletto heels style. Nevertheless, I still really love stiletto heels, but as I wanted to wear heels a bit more then just on my scooter... and I did not had the courage to do so with stiletto heels, so I went for "reasonnable" block heels. I got a pair of ankle boots, with a 3 in block heel. Wearing them with normal trousers, showing the heel, I went out in "public" in mall or shopping center. I could experience what I read everywhere in the Forum, almost (99.9% of the people) everybody do not pay attention to the shoes you wear! Experiencing that, made me think about this question: Are we (heels lovers) the only who look first at the shoes before at the people when walking in the street? If the answer is yes, it means there are not so many heels lovers... if the answer is no, everybody do not pay attention to shoes and to other people! Getting more and more comfortable with that, I got a pair of 4 in block heels, but worn with a boot cut jean, doing the same kind of experience, it really felt great. Reading the experience of other people in the Forum, and my own experience, helped me a lot to do what I did! And more and more, I feel the need to wear heeled shoes as someting "normal"! Most recently, I wore 4 inch block heeled 9 West Boots with trouser in them... Not in the shopping center, but when I went to refull my scooter, I went to pay in the shop. Of course, the challenge was not so big, but a few weeks before, I would never have had the courage to do it! Building up experience, seeing the lack of reaction of other, and loving the feeling of wearing heels, in public area and walking in them is really a great experience. I also like to look at people to see if the notice something, and in case, looking at their reaction. So far, I think I have only been noticed once, by a group of women. I looked at them, and one of them looked surprised as she saw my heels under the jean, and she told her friends, probably, "This guy is wearing high heels!" Well to summerize, HHPlace helped me to live my passion, only on my own for the moment, but also it made me feel not alone at all, encouraged me to do what I am doing. To all of you, a big thank you for your messages, stories and contribution. Let's make men in heels something true and popular! Matt.

Matt, I also want to share my thanks for your posting. The thought processes you had into how you carried out your heeling experiences are very uplifting and welcome to the better perspective for life. I wonder if you could have approached the group of women and talked with them about what they thought about your total look before and after they became aware of you wearing high heels? As far as I'm concerned women will always look really good wearing heels, but men (like women) can also have a better appearance and a greater self-assurance while wearing the heels they choose for themselves. I wish you the best in your heeling activities.

Thanks Matt, nice post indeed. "Are we (heels lovers) the only who look first at the shoes before at the people when walking in the street?" My wife also looks at other guys shoes (not first) and she is not so keen of high heels for herself (she thinks she is too tall at 1m70 when I am 1m90 !). Now what Hhplace brought to me ? Well a think tank. A place to deposit my internal thoughs that were boiling in my mind. Very releasing. And to share and evolve with others having similar ideas. As Heelster said, the realization that I am not crazy, or at least that i am not the only one...

The first thing that I got from HHPlace, even before my first post, was a sense of community. The forums were filled with every kind of person who has an appreciation for wearing high heels. The next thing that I got from HHPlace was a forum where I could start sharing my thoughts related to high heels. Like many of us here I came from a place where I thought that I had to be the only guy who likes wearing heels and did not share my thoughts with many. The opportunities to share my high heel world were far and few in between. Being able to come here and share my thoughts freely and openly was just absolutely huge. Then I got the inkling that maybe, just maybe I might be able to wear my heels out and about. That inkling came from reading the many posts of people sharing their first experiences, their stories of how wearing heels has become a normal part of their lives, the good experiences, and the bad. Then over the course of years that inkling grew into a reality as I have started to wear heels out and about every so often now. Now, HHPlace, in addition to what I have already mentioned, gives me a forum to express some of the most challenging parts of growing to be a more open wearer of high heels. Some of the stuff that we can share on this web site is simply hard to find any other place to share it where we can receive decent open minded reply. I am sure that I have a ton of additional things but this is all that comes up for me now. Best, AZShoeNut

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Black_Boots - Great topic starter and I can so relate to what you have said. AZShoeNut -Great job with the capturing my own thoughts and feelings and putting into words, For me HHP was a saviour in many ways. Like it has been said before, I truly thought I was all alone. I never would have had the courage to admit to myself that it's ok to love and wear heels. I certainly would never had the courage to go out in public wearing heels. I'm still very careful on where I go and what I wear. Like some others have mentioned, in public I have stuck to boots and have not yet worn higher than 3.5 in in public. However, for now I',m ok with that until I'm ready for the next step. I'm just so happy to be part of HHP and have always felt welcome and more importantly - safe enviroment to be me. Thanks to all of you,

Knowing that other heel lovers were in the same boat as me. This gave me the confidence to go out in public. Boy did that make me feel wonderful. I finally got to walk more then 40 feet in a house. I went out in public because I wanted the freedom of expression. It did make me feel good when other people saw me in the heels though. Don't forget I was wearing 8" heels. Pretty noticeable, but sexy. If I hadn't read comments and stories on this forum I would never had gone out in public and felt comfortable. Yes I said comfortable that is how I felt. Now I go to a local park and just practice walking in the 8" heels and hone the more feminine style

• 1 month later...

I noticed this a while back and I thought I would give you my take on this. I looked and I see that it was dec 27 that I joined. At that Time I had a few pairs of heels 4-5" that I wore around the house but they were more of the bed room type. I did get the courage to go to Payless and buy a couple of pairs of 3" boots. I did sit out in the parking lot for a while till I was the only one there I dont know why but I did. With my boots I slowly started to wear them out more and more. After I did find out that the world did not come to and end with the heels I began to visit Payless more and more and now when I am there trying on heels i almost allways have a pair on heels on and the staff are their to show me any styles that they have in my size. Now I have gone out for a adult bev. wearing anything from a pair of 5" wedge's to a 4" stelottos boots. I have gone to supper and a movie wearing a pair of brash 5" heels and a couple of times with a pair of red 4" pumps. I have picked the timing and places that I have gone but I have never had any problems the only comment that I have had was from a couple of guys at a bar once was that I would break my neck with those on and a few comments from some ladies was that I handle the heels better than they can. I am so glad that I found this place and to know that there are a lot of us out there.

I've been a lurker here for years, and have suppressed my desire to wear heels most of my life. I guess what I get out of this forum is that people here don't get tired of talking about shoes! My wife has a few pounds short of a ton of heels, but to her, they're just shoes. Somehow, it's not the same.