2886 Miles

Stilletto2004

I left Grand Rapids, Mi on Sunday afternoon. F-350 with 26' trailer headed for Florida, then the Carolinas. I left all of my flat shoes at home. It was a personal challenge of mine. I had to deliver a car to The Villages, FL, pick one up destined for N.Charleston, SC. I left in jeans and some bootines. As soon as I was in warmer weather, I took off the jeans for shorts. Suntan L'eggs Sheer Energy sheer to waist. A pair of black 3" heel oxfords. I was wearing those when I delivered the car. Only thing said by the customer was, "You're already 6'5", do you think you need those?" I said, "Not for height, but to show my refusal to conform, yes!" Then I picked up the other car. Drove down to Tampa to drink some beers and stay the night with a buddy. Next morning got up, figured since I was in Florida, I'd wear strappy heels, so I had some 3.5" strappy heels on with my shorts. Went spend half a day with a guy that has a similar business to the one I'm in, just to get ideas. All he said was, "those shoes are kind of expoesed for walking around the shop" Auto repair shop, 'junk yard' behind. Yeah, good point, so I put on my 5" bootines with 3/4" platform. Much more industrial, no? lol. Spent the day with him, he never said anything more. I guess the hose were ok in the shop! lol. I left there and headed north to N.Charleston, got there around 7pm, got a room. It was warm out and there was a bar next door to the hotel, so I put on a knee length denim skirt, suntan L'eggs, and some knee high boots with a 4" heel that I had just purchased an hour ago at Payless. It was Bogo so I got a black pair of wedges too, super easy to walk in. The staff there loved that I was wearing and buying heels. It was a lot of fun. So I go to the bar and belly up. I'm not sure anyone even noticed my outfit. Time to go to the boys room, and make room for more beer. Only thing said was a guy entering the mens room said, "Whoa, for a minute there I thought I was in the wrong one!" I said no problem. Then went to sit back at the bar, this time with my back to the bar because there was a guy playing guitar and people having fun. Then a girl noticed - and she LOVED it. All of her friends came over, and not one negative thing was said. When asked why, I said, "Because I hate mens shoes, they're so boring!" Everyone agreed. Had a great time! Next morning delivered car in jeans and the wedges. It was cooler. I'm sure they must have noticed, as I was on my knees in the trailer un-strapping the car, etc. Black Sheer Energy. Nothing was said, so who knows. Left there, went to my Brother's house in High Point, SC. Got there around 9 pm, brand new house, so shoes off at door. Nobody noticed. They all know I wear pantyhose, I have for 25 years openly. The next morning my Neice (17) comes in with my wedges in her hand, "These are awesome Uncle Mike! Where did you get them?!" As if it was no different than asking me about my shirt. I told her Payless, and she said, "Mom I have to get some of these." Small conversation ensued, how do I walk in them, what do people say. We all got in his Expedition and went to my Aunt's house for turkey. I wore jeans and some brown 3.5" oxford style heels. I'm sure if one of my cousins would have noticed they would have said something - we're always at each other. Nothing. Until. My neice starts going on about the great heels Uncle Mike wore last night. HEELS?! Everyones eyes drop to the floor and my feet. I pull up my pant leg and say, "They are even cooler than these!" Neice was going on and on about how cool of a look it is, and that I am a fashion trend setter from hose to heels. After dinner outside having some beer, cousins are giving me some crap, but all in good fun. Nobody had a negative thing to say. I think it all has to do with confidence. I was just Mike, nothing different other than footwear. Got home, played kinect, went to bed. Off to Michigan on Friday. Jeans and my knee high boots. Man I love these boots. I got tired of nobody noticing so about half way home I tucked my jeans into my boots. Got fuel, went to McD's, rest areas. Only thing said was at a gas station while I was pumping fuel - a guy said, "Man that takes balls." I said, "I suppose, but they sure are cool!" "Whatever floats your boat dude." Not sure if that was positive or negative, or just indifferent. Got home, took off my boots, sat down and had some beer with my wife. She asked how my heeling adventure went (she thinks I'm nuts) I told her about it all. The thing she thought was the most funny was trying to wear strappy heels to a car repair shop. :-) 2886 miles and 4.5 days of heeling - what fun! I think the best part was leaving guy shoes at home - I was 'forced' into wearing the heels, and was expecting to be pointed at, laughed at, beaten up, etc. Like you all say here over and over, it's not a big deal if you handle your self properly. I am sure if I had mens shoes there were a couple of times I would have chickened out, too. Well, that's my story and I"m sticking to it!

Mike

What a great read, Stiletto2004! Talk about sink or swim.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Stiletto2004, From Michigan to Florida and points in between you were spreading the news one state at a time! That is certainly one way of enjoying yourself and advancing our cause while performing a service. I've often wondered about what you do since I see lots of people just older than me delivering all sorts of things. I like driving and the open road, always have. I haven't worn my heels in front of as many family and friends as you but have worn heels in at least 15 states and four countries (USA, Canada, Brazil, and Colombia). Thanks for sharing your story. HappyinHeels

Thanks for making the choice of giving yourself no other options than to wear high heels. It must have been a real eye-opener for many of your contacts. The more this kind of activity happens, the sooner society can get passed its phobia concerning men in heels.

Thanks for the support guys!! Yeah, sorry I didn't take any pictures, I really didn't have time to stop for much. The only time I wasn't putting miles under my belt it seemed like was Thanksgiving. Sorry I didn't stop Steve, but I was hell bent to get home to Jodi. I guess after driving 2500 miles all I wanted to do was get home! As for the wedges, they are from payless, and the boots too. I love the boots!!! I've attached pictures from Payless of the boots and the wedges. post-755-0-57747400-1354027375_thumb.jpg post-755-0-93858000-1354027382_thumb.jpg

Mike

great story super that you did a road trip and did not have any trouble. I just bought the same pair of boots that you posted. I have only worn them a couple of times and was goint to leave a review on the payless web site and I noticed that there was a review from a guy. are you that guy. well anyway I will leave one also the fit of the boots and easy walking makes them a nice addition to a heel collection.

Stiletto2004, I have those wedges! They are perfect for what you were doing. Not many people know that the brand "Brash" at Payless is actually Steve Madden for Payless!! The wedges blend in with amy outfit and are very comfortable indeed. HappyinHeels

Stiletto2004, I have those wedges! They are perfect for what you were doing. Not many people know that the brand "Brash" at Payless is actually Steve Madden for Payless!! The wedges blend in with amy outfit and are very comfortable indeed. HappyinHeels

The wedges are indeed very comfortable, and so easy to walk in. Very stable for a heel. I wasn't sure I was going to like them. I bought the boots first, but since it was BOGO I got the wedges. My receipt said that I saved $40 on that trip. Very cool!

great story super that you did a road trip and did not have any trouble.

I just bought the same pair of boots that you posted. I have only worn them a couple of times and was goint to leave a review on the payless web site and I noticed that there was a review from a guy. are you that guy. well anyway I will leave one also the fit of the boots and easy walking makes them a nice addition to a heel collection.

I haven't written a review, but I should! I really love the boots! They are my most favorite heels that I've ever worn! I hate taking them off. I think I am going to order another pair for backup.

Mike

I have to agree, those wedges are awesome. Sounds like you were pretty bold showing off your heels with shorts and the denim, skirt must've looked cool with the boots too. Thanks for posting your story and for flying the guys-in-heels flag with such commitment.

If you like it, wear it.

What a great story. I read the whole thing in anticipation of what each new experience on your journey would be. The way your niece "outed" you was super cool. I don't think that you could orchestrated a better way to do it. I love the wedges too. I have a pair and have worn them out more than any of my other shoes. They are just so comfortable. Best, AZShoeNut

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Stiletto2004, You were lucky to get those boots as cheaply as you did. They cost me $115. I suggested to my wife that we go to Payless so I could try them on, as you and another person we both know from another forum, both recommended those Marcie boots very highly. So we did that last Thursday, and although the boots cost me $40, the TWO PAIR that my wife bought for herself cost another $75! It was an expensive outing (but she did get nice boots, I admit!). So stop being such a bad influence on me, dude! LOL Steve

I will try. Well, not really. Melissa said that she doesn't like taking off the boots. I don't blame her. I have three pair still in the box! There are some more interesting ones at Payless, I think tomorrow at lunch I'll wear the boots into the store and try some of them on. Theselook interesting. But then so do these. I think I am going to own the second pair very shortly.

Mike

Stiettlo I hav the first pair and really like them. The pair that you need to look at is a pair called roxane. I got a pair a couple of days ago and right now they will be my new go to boots check them out