4Th Annual North America Heel/boot Meet (Chicago) March 2, 2013

iloveboots

4th Annual NA Heel/Boot meet (Chicago) March 2/13  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending?

4th ANNUAL NORTH AMERICA HEEL/BOOT MEET

CHICAGO, IL, USA

SATURDAY, MARCH 2, 2013

The last Chicago meet, the 1st Annual attracted 28 members and a total of 60 attendees. Subsequent meets in Las Vegas and New York City were not as well attended so we thought, why not return to where its obvious by attendance the meet should be!

Details will follow soon. The venue is booked, a stand alone club that will be host to the Meet.

Hotel info to follow.

It is importnat that if you will be or think you may be attending, please either enter your name on the poll or post us a message. It is critical we know the numbers.

This meet is also being promoted on one other site that appeals to men and women, as HHPlace does, the intent is to have a well balanced attendee list. It is a joint Heel and Boot meet intended to provide a safe area for everyone to meet, mingle and be themsleves; bring your Significant Other and share.

Look forward to reconnecting with many friends from previous meets.

David

post-1141-0-93856600-1353880089_thumb.jp

"Dress For Your Own Pleasure"

4th ANNUAL NORTH AMERICA HEEL/BOOT MEET

CHICAGO, IL, USA

SATURDAY, MARCH 2, 2013

The last Chicago meet, the 1st Annual attracted 28 members and a total of 60 attendees. Subsequent meets in Las Vegas and New York City were not as well attended so we thought, why not return to where its obvious by attendance the meet should be!

Details will follow soon. The venue is booked, a stand alone club that will be host to the Meet.

Hotel info to follow.

It is importnat that if you will be or think you may be attending, please either enter your name on the poll or post us a message. It is critical we know the numbers.

This meet is also being promoted on one other site that appeals to men and women, as HHPlace does, the intent is to have a well balanced attendee list. It is a joint Heel and Boot meet intended to provide a safe area for everyone to meet, mingle and be themsleves; bring your Significant Other and share.

Look forward to reconnecting with many friends from previous meets.

David

David,

I will be there standing tall in my highest heel boots.

Let me know the details!!!!

Bernheels

As it's hard to plan that far ahead, I am a slim possibility. I voted maybe, and I'd love to go. All depends on too many variables at this time. My wife going with me?? - - - Not a chance. - - -Steve 63130 - - Car pooling might be an option.

Heelster, Car pooling is very possible. Just let me know, even at the last minute. If we go, we're driving, so we can pick you up. I'm pretty sure my wife will join me, unless she gets a better offer (how would THAT be possible? LOL). Steve

To iloveboots and attendees Is Bernheels going to DIE on us this year ? I would like to be first in line to get his Boots & Shoes. They are no dought in good shape since he never wears them. Kidding asside----- I hope Bernie is doing well and is in good health. I would like to make the meet. However, I now have a new job and will have to check into my chances of getting off. I am also planning a trip to Las Vegas in hopes of attending the Adult Entertainment Expo. this Jan. 18 and 19 ,2013. More later spikesmike

To iloveboots and attendees

Is Bernheels going to DIE on us this year ? I would like to be first in line to get his Boots & Shoes. They are no dought in good shape

since he never wears them. Kidding asside----- I hope Bernie is doing well and is in good health. I would like to make the meet. However,

I now have a new job and will have to check into my chances of getting off. I am also planning a trip to Las Vegas in hopes of attending the

Adult Entertainment Expo. this Jan. 18 and 19 ,2013. More later

spikesmike

Spikesmike

I am alive and doing well! Just aboout 100% after surgery.

I will be attending in March. Missed the last one in 2012 - not going to miss this one. And rest assured all my heels get lots of attention :)

Hope you can make it

Bernheels

Ooooh! Another chance to attend my first Heel Meet??? I just have to...hope for a job, the right amount of money, the transportation, AND the chance to get on the bandwagon. Then I'll be a YES x10! :) I may have to snag along a 'heeling' lady friend to accompany me, so put me down as a "Maybe times two" :P

Formally "HHDude"

As I said before - I will be attending!! I am coming from the Holland Michigan area and will be driving myself at this time. If there is anyone from around my area - or on the way to Chicago that needs a ride - I would be happy to share. Once we find out about rooms - I would be open to getting a suite and sharing with others. It is always more fun if we hang out together! Let me know if anyone is interested. Bernheels

Looks like we have 7 members so far as attending or maybe. Cool! Hope to hear from many more. The private club we have booked can hold up to 100. Let's fill it up! Have now completed a hotel search and will post the hotel list on Sunday. Have kept it to 3 hotel types, economy, medium price and deluxe, so there is choice. Also, all the hotels are within a few miles to reduce taxi costs etc. There may be members who are travelling in and staying at a hotel who will be interested in splitting costs. Post a note on here if you are either willing to share a room or are looking for someone to share with. Many of us will be arriving the day ebfore, on March 1....if you are also let us know. We will have an evening out planned for March 1 as well. SpikesMike will remember a fun lounge/bar we went to at the last Chicago meet.....that may be in the cards for March 1. Cheers, David

David, Thanks for the update! Can't wait. Been awhile since my last heel meet. I have collected quite a few pairs of boots of all styles! I am interested in sharing a room if there are others - or yourself that would like to share. We could get a nicer room and strut our stuff! Not sure if I would be able to get away on Friday. If I did - I wouldn't get there until after 9:00pm. Would that still work with your Friday night Plans? I hope there are more that join in on the fun. Bernheels

Here is the hotel info for the meet. I am booked at the Best Western Grant Park....this is the same hotel SpikesMike and I stayed at for the last Chicago meet. It is older but real handy location wise. Plus I bet the staff still remember SpikesMike!!!

Friday night, 9pm is not a problem at all Bernheels. Closer to the meet we will post the Friday night get together location.

CHICAGO HOTELS (dates checked Mar 2/3):

BEST WESTERN Grant Park Hotel

(5 miles from event)

1100 S Michigan Avenue

Chicago, Illinois, 60605-2301, US

Phone: 312/922-2900

Fax: 312/922-8812

Toll Free Reservations:

800-472-6875

Best Available Rate >

Average Nightly Rate Based on Occupancy

1 Queen Bed -Smoking > 1 Queen Bed, Smoking Room, High Speed Internet Access, Work Desk, Coffee Maker

$ 129.99 (USD)

There are senior and other special rates for about $15 less P/N.

A superb location and competitive price isn't mutually exclusive. When you stay at this comfortable Chicago hotel, you're within walking distance to Museum Campus where Shedd Aquarium, Alder Planetarium, Field Museum and Soldier Field await. You're also right across from Grant Park where the Taste of Chicago, Lollapalooza and other exciting music events happen.

Maybe picking up some keepsakes or high fashion is more your speed - and you're in luck. Just one mile away is the famous shopping district Magnificent Mile, and ½ mile away is Navy Pier. In town for a special event? McCormick Place Convention Center is also just one mile away - close enough to enjoy a leisurely stroll in the neighborhood or a quick cab ride away.

A fantastic location isn't the only thing waiting for guests. These private, deluxe rooms feature spacious living, divine beds, and free Wi-Fi so you're always connected. Consider your downtown Chicago hotel your official home away from home.

Directions:

If you are traveling from Interstate 90, Interstate 94 or Interstate 290, exit Congress Parkway and travel to Michigan Avenue, and then turn right to 11th Street. If you are traveling from Interstate 55, travel north to Lake Shore Drive, turn left to Balboa Drive, and turn left to Michigan Avenue. The BEST WESTERN Grant Park Hotel is just ahead.

Holiday Inn Downtown:

file:///C:/DOCUME~1/FUZZYP~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.gif

Chicago-Downtown

3.8 /5 (32 Reviews)

(2.56 miles to event)

506 West Harrison Streetfile:///C:/DOCUME~1/FUZZYP~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image002.gifChicago , Illinois 60607file:///C:/DOCUME~1/FUZZYP~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image002.gifUnited States

Book online or call:1 877 660 8550 |

1 KING BED LEISURE NONSMOKING

View Description

file:///C:/DOCUME~1/FUZZYP~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image003.giffile:///C:/DOCUME~1/FUZZYP~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image004.gif

$ 182.0

Downtown Chicago Hotel Near Willis Tower

Welcome to the Holiday Inn® & Suites Chicago - Downtown, conveniently located near The Loop, as well as prominent area attractions. Situated just off I-290 on South Canal Street, this downtown Chicago hotel is ideal for leisure and business travelers.

Vacationers are surrounded by attractions, like Willis (formerly Sears) Tower, when they stay in downtown Chicago. Our hotel's location is also near the historic Navy Pier, where guests enjoy boat rides and fireworks. We are just minutes from the Art Institute's Modern Wing, home to a selection of contemporary galleries. And, we're a short trip from President Obama's home in the Hyde Park/Kenwood area!

Business travelers appreciate our hotel's location in Chicago, IL, as we're near AzkoNobel, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, MillerCoors, PepsiCo and USG, as well as the Chicago Financial District. In addition, our hotel features 2,000 sq ft of event space.

Whether business or pleasure brings you to the Chicago downtown area, our hotel's free high-speed Internet access keeps you connected, and our state-of-the-art fitness center lets you keep up your workout routine, while our seasonal, outdoor rooftop pool provides great entertainment for the entire family. For a terrific pizza pie, stop by Aurelio's Pizza and Lounge. Clearly, with these choice amenities and prices, it's easy to see why guests prefer us to other hotels in Chicago, IL!

Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC

(2.27 miles to event)

625 South Ashland Avenue at Harrison Street · Chicago, Illinois 60607 USA

Advance Purchase rate, prepay in full, non-refundable, no changes

199.00 USD / Night

Guest room, 1 King or Queen or 2 Double, Limited view

Rate rules Room details

Weekend rate

229.00 USD / Night

Rate rules Room details

249.00 USD / Night

Larger Studio, 1 King or 2 Double, Limited view

Rate rules Room details

High-Speed Internet

• Public Areas: Wireless
  • Guest Rooms: Wireless
Parking
  • On-site parking, fee: 31 USD daily
  • Valet parking, fee: 31 USD daily
  • Off-site parking, fee: 18 USD daily
  • Valet parking only
Property Details

• 4 floors , 113 rooms
  • 10 meeting rooms, 4,812 sq ft of total meeting space
  • 1 concierge level
  • New Lobby

• 3 weeks later...

So far, the list of attending and/or probables is (9):

iloveboots, Bernheels

Steve63130, Heelster, sapoa, hoverfly, HHDude, RonC, MrRugman

Hope to hear from many more of our members in the NE and Midwest USA and central Canada.........

We will be away from HHPlace for the enxt month as we head off for 4 weeks in Paradise. No computer, no tv, no newspaper.....just sun and sea!

Will update the Heel Meet on our return after February 4th.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear. Take care and be careful to find some time for yourself in there. Health is number one!

David

I'm out - - - work is so damned busy, I'll be lucky to get a day off in the next three months.

60 plus hours a week in steel toe - no fun.

Hi Steve. Sorry to hear you and your wife may not make it. We were looking forward to catching up as it has been a few years since the last time we got together. If you end up squeezing the meet in...let us know :)

David

Our attendance at this event is in doubt at this point, unfortunately. We have a conflict.

Steve

Awesome! Look forward to seeing you again! Has been a few years since the last time at the Chicago Meet. If you are interested a few of us will also be there Friday night and will be getting together for dinner/drinks.

Get those high heel Boots ready for an outing!

David

Yes I will attend. It's been a few years since my last heel meet. Looking forward to seeing members from past meets in Chicago IL, and Canton OH (USA). Can't wait to put on my favorite boots.

Just back from a month vacation....yup, it was tough!!

We are just a few weeks away now from the 4th Annual North America Heel/Boot Meet - Saturday, March 2nd in Chicago.

The attending and maybe's are:

iloveboots, bernheels, Kittyinboots, Colleen, SpikesMike, Devon,

Steve63130, sapoa, hoverfly, HHDude, RonC, MrRugman, Prutske255, hiheellover23

Love to hear from others who are thinking of attending.

The location details etc will be sent to those who have indicated they are attending or maybe by PM as we are holding the meet at a private club.

Cheers,

David

Here is the hotel info for the meet. I am booked at the Best Western Grant Park....this is the same hotel SpikesMike and I stayed at for the last Chicago meet. It is older but real handy location wise. Plus I bet the staff still remember SpikesMike!!!

Friday night, 9pm is not a problem at all Bernheels. Closer to the meet we will post the Friday night get together location.

(5 miles from event)

1100 S Michigan Avenue

Toll Free Reservations:

800-472-6875

Best Available Rate >

1 Queen Bed -Smoking > 1 Queen Bed, Smoking Room, High Speed Internet Access, Work Desk, Coffee Maker

$ 129.99 (USD)

A superb location and competitive price isn't mutually exclusive. When you stay at this comfortable Chicago hotel, you're within walking distance to Museum Campus where Shedd Aquarium, Alder Planetarium, Field Museum and Soldier Field await. You're also right across from Grant Park where the Taste of Chicago, Lollapalooza and other exciting music events happen.

Maybe picking up some keepsakes or high fashion is more your speed - and you're in luck. Just one mile away is the famous shopping district Magnificent Mile, and ½ mile away is Navy Pier. In town for a special event? McCormick Place Convention Center is also just one mile away - close enough to enjoy a leisurely stroll in the neighborhood or a quick cab ride away.

A fantastic location isn't the only thing waiting for guests. These private, deluxe rooms feature spacious living, divine beds, and free Wi-Fi so you're always connected. Consider your downtown Chicago hotel your official home away from home.

Directions:

If you are traveling from Interstate 90, Interstate 94 or Interstate 290, exit Congress Parkway and travel to Michigan Avenue, and then turn right to 11th Street. If you are traveling from Interstate 55, travel north to Lake Shore Drive, turn left to Balboa Drive, and turn left to Michigan Avenue. The BEST WESTERN Grant Park Hotel is just ahead.

Holiday Inn Downtown:

Chicago-Downtown

3.8 /5 (32 Reviews)

(2.56 miles to event)

506 West Harrison Streetfile:///C:/DOCUME~1/FUZZYP~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image002.gifChicago , Illinois 60607file:///C:/DOCUME~1/FUZZYP~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image002.gifUnited States

View Description

file:///C:/DOCUME~1/FUZZYP~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image003.giffile:///C:/DOCUME~1/FUZZYP~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image004.gif

$ 182.0

Welcome to the Holiday Inn® & Suites Chicago - Downtown, conveniently located near The Loop, as well as prominent area attractions. Situated just off I-290 on South Canal Street, this downtown Chicago hotel is ideal for leisure and business travelers.

Vacationers are surrounded by attractions, like Willis (formerly Sears) Tower, when they stay in downtown Chicago. Our hotel's location is also near the historic Navy Pier, where guests enjoy boat rides and fireworks. We are just minutes from the Art Institute's Modern Wing, home to a selection of contemporary galleries. And, we're a short trip from President Obama's home in the Hyde Park/Kenwood area!

Business travelers appreciate our hotel's location in Chicago, IL, as we're near AzkoNobel, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, MillerCoors, PepsiCo and USG, as well as the Chicago Financial District. In addition, our hotel features 2,000 sq ft of event space.

Whether business or pleasure brings you to the Chicago downtown area, our hotel's free high-speed Internet access keeps you connected, and our state-of-the-art fitness center lets you keep up your workout routine, while our seasonal, outdoor rooftop pool provides great entertainment for the entire family. For a terrific pizza pie, stop by Aurelio's Pizza and Lounge. Clearly, with these choice amenities and prices, it's easy to see why guests prefer us to other hotels in Chicago, IL!

(2.27 miles to event)

199.00 USD / Night

Rate rules Room details

Weekend rate

229.00 USD / Night

Rate rules Room details

249.00 USD / Night

Rate rules Room details

High-Speed Internet

Parking
  • Valet parking only
Property Details

• 4 floors , 113 rooms
  • 1 concierge level
  • New Lobby

We are less than 3 weeks away from the 4th Annual North America Heel/Boot Meet in Chicago. This update has the info for the Friday Night get together at Halsted's Bar & Grill in the Village; Saturday's noon outing to Skyscraper Heels near the Village; and the Saturday night meet info at Colleen Stewart's Safe House Exhibition.

Note: if you are planning to attend we will need your email address as Colleen needs to send you an invitation for the Meet on Saturday night. This invite will include the "how to" instructions, ie address/location etc. Those members who have indicated they are attending or are a maybe I will PM you with this information as well.

Also for those who missed the hotel information I have posted it again on this update, below.

Colleen and I are expecting about 60 + people to be at the Meet and this includes club regulars who attend the club on weekends. The March 2nd Meet has been promoted to all the Club regulars as a High Heel and Boot Night so we anticipate a fun heeling time!

David (iloveboots)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday, March 1

7 PM at Halsted's Bar & Grill, 3441 N. Halted St., Chicago, IL 60657 (773) 348-9696

http://www.halstedschicago.com

Friday nights are "Fabulous $5 Friday's" and that includes $5 Martini's, $5 Quesidilla's, $5 Chocolate Brownie Sundaes

I expect we will be at Halsted's till about 9 PM, so join us at any time. After 9 PM we will move to one of the many clubs on Halsted's (leaving this open and will flow as the group wishes it to). Wear your biggest badest heels and Boots!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, March 2

12 Noon - meet at Skyscraper Heels, 2202 West Belmont Ave., Chicago, IL, 60618 (773) 477-8495

http://www.skyscraperheels.com

Shopping for heel? Want to check out some of the outrageous and gorgeous heels at Skyscraper?

8 PM - High Heel/Boot Meet at Colleen's Safe House Exhibition

Downtown Chicago (details will be emailed to you)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Confirmed to attend and/or maybe (hotel staying at in brackets if known):

Colleen Stewart

Iloveboots (BW Grant)

Teri80 (BW Grant)

SpikesMike (Marriott)

Kelly Reiss

Bernheels (Marriott)

KittyinBoots

Sapoa

Hoverfly

HHDude

RonC

Mr Rugman

Pratskce255

HiHeelLover23

Tammy

Steve63130 & spouse

Diane3408 (BW Grant)

Linda54 (BW Grant)

JoLeigh

Bootlover9

KristenBoots

Regulars approx 40

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

<p>

(5 miles from event)

1100 S Michigan Avenue

Toll Free Reservations:

800-472-6875

Best Available Rate >

$ 129.99 (USD)

Directions:

Holiday Inn Downtown:

Chicago-Downtown

3.8 /5 (32 Reviews)

(2.56 miles to event)

View Description

$ 182.0

(2.27 miles to event)

199.00 USD / Night

Rate rules Room details

Weekend rate

229.00 USD / Night

Rate rules Room details

249.00 USD / Night

Rate rules Room details

High-Speed Internet

Parking
  • Valet parking only
Property Details

• 4 floors , 113 rooms
  • 1 concierge level
  • New Lobby

Update Monday, Feb 11/2013

Just a quick update on who we have down as attending. Thank you everyone who wrote to us the past few days to update whether you can make it or not.

If your name is on the list and you are a definite "no" please let us know. If you are planning or think you may be attending and your name is not on the list please also let us know as we need to send you location/direction invite info.

Total expected 60 - Confirmed to attend and/or maybe (hotel staying at in brackets if known) and HHPlace member, 12 to date:

Colleen Stewart

Iloveboots (BW Grant) - HHPlace

Bootsguy80(BW Grant) - HHPlace

SpikesMike (Marriott) - HHPlace

Kelly Reiss

Bernheels (Marriott) - HHPlace

KittyinBoots - HHPlace

Sapoa - HHPlace

Hoverfly & partner - maybe - HHPlace

HHDude - HHPlace

RonC - HHPlace

Mr Rugman - HHPlace

Pratskce255 - HHPlace

Tammy

Diane3408 (BW Grant)

Linda54 (BW Grant)

JoLeigh

Bootlover9

KristenBoots

Club Regulars approx 40

Just a quick update on who we have down as attending. Thank you everyone who wrote to us the past few days to update whether you can make it or not.

If your name is on the list and you are a definite "no" please let us know. If you are planning or think you may be attending and your name is not on the list please also let us know as we need to send you location/direction invite info.

Total expected 60 - Confirmed to attend and/or maybe (hotel staying at in brackets if known) and HHPlace member, 12 to date:

Colleen Stewart

Kelly Reiss

KittyinBoots - HHPlace

Sapoa - HHPlace

Hoverfly & partner - (maybe only) - HHPlace

RonC - HHPlace (maybe only)

Mr Rugman - HHPlace

Pratskce255 - HHPlace

Diane3408 (BW Grant)

Linda54 (BW Grant)

JoLeigh

Bootlover9

KristenBoots

Gary from SkyscraperHeels - HHPlace

HappyinHeels - HHPlace (Friday night only)

Club Regulars approx 40

Just a quick update on who we have down as attending as it is changing daily. Thank you everyone who wrote to us the past few days to update whether you can make it or not.

Colleen Stewart

Kelly Reiss

KittyinBoots - HHPlace

Sapoa - HHPlace

Mr Rugman - HHPlace

Pratskce255 - HHPlace

Diane3408 (BW Grant)

Linda54 (BW Grant)

JoLeigh

Bootlover9

KristenBoots

Nicole Marie

Darci Dee

Joannstarr

Club Regulars approx 40

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013 Update

Just a quick update on who we have down as attending as it is changing daily. Thank you everyone who wrote to us the past few days to update whether you can make it or not.

Colleen Stewart

Kelly Reiss

KittyinBoots - HHPlace

Sapoa - HHPlace

Mr Rugman - HHPlace

Pratskce255 - HHPlace

Diane3408 (BW Grant)

Linda54 (BW Grant)

JoLeigh

Bootlover9

KristenBoots

Nicole Marie

Darci Dee

Roxie Leigh

Matt Long

Club Regulars approx 40

David If you attend the 4th Annual High Heel Meet, Will you be wearing high heels while there. NOT those short heels but the real thing. I'll be on my way Friday morning. Hope the weather dosn't suck. See you there. spikesmike. >>>>> The one who knows how to wear real high heels.

I enjoyed meeting iloveheels, the fellow from Alberta, spikesmike, and Bernheels who sat right next to me. Gary Page from Skyscraperheels also told me on the way back to his store (I dropped him off) he really enjoyed meeting you all. There should be no doubt who can and can't wear heels where I'm concerned, you guys rocked your boots while I wore my Jessica Simpson "Carlow" sandals which showed just a little of my light purple toes but lots of 6" stiletto heel. Wished more members were there but I think the main event was Saturday noght. To all who thought about going but didn't I'd say try a little harder next year as it is worth it. I drove about an hour and 30 minutes to spend about one hour and 45 minutes with these guys because I always honor my social commitments so I'm careful what I say yes to. It took me nearly four years to meet anyone from here but patience and determination are in my DNA when it involves something I really like doing. HappyinHeels

I enjoyed meeting iloveheels, the fellow from Alberta, spikesmike, and Bernheels who sat right next to me. Gary Page from Skyscraperheels also told me on the way back to his store (I dropped him off) he really enjoyed meeting you all. There should be no doubt who can and can't wear heels where I'm concerned, you guys rocked your boots while I wore my Jessica Simpson "Carlow" sandals which showed just a little of my light purple toes but lots of 6" stiletto heel. Wished more members were there but I think the main event was Saturday noght. To all who thought about going but didn't I'd say try a little harder next year as it is worth it. I drove about an hour and 30 minutes to spend about one hour and 45 minutes with these guys because I always honor my social commitments so I'm careful what I say yes to. It took me nearly four years to meet anyone from here but patience and determination are in my DNA when it involves something I really like doing. HappyinHeels

Here's the sandals I wore to our dinner on Friday night:

post-3654-0-94032100-1362278128_thumb.jp