What's Your Next Challenge Wearing Heels?

SleekHeels

Hi all, a few weeks back I posted saying that my next challenge was to get some skinny jeans and wear them with my heels. I've since bought some skinny jeans and I've been wearing them at home a lot although not out too much. Ive attached a few photos so take a look and see what you think. I'm going to try and wear the more often in public and pay for gas and a few things like that whilst wearing my heels and jeans. I've done it once thus far and it was great so I shall be out and about more often from now on....

post-7113-0-87597400-1391359812_thumb.jp

post-7113-0-52638200-1391359823_thumb.jp

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needless to say, but I love that combination. Matt.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

• 6 months later...

Well not a big challenge but I whore these today at the dentist

As it happen  I got a little look from an older lady  in the waiting room but nothing more

Nice to have some thing fun on to take your mind off all that scraping going on

Fun was had by all 

post-24943-0-56681900-1407271482_thumb.j

My next "challenge" will be connecting with SF for lunch or the like in a month or two. I will be moving into our new place about an hour and a half away from his neck of the woods on Friday.

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

My next "challenge" will be connecting with SF for lunch or the like in a month or two. I will be moving into our new place about an hour and a half away from his neck of the woods on Friday.

I hope all your great shoes are moving with you!

Steve

My next step is extending my endurance in 4-4.75" heels, hopefully being able to spend a day out and about in my Diesel Travis and Persis as well as Steve Madden Devil ankle boots. :)

So far a quick run into the grocery store is my endurance limit on the Steve Maddens, but I've been wearing them around the house.

post-289-0-13943500-1407358364_thumb.jpg

post-289-0-95682800-1407358381_thumb.jpg

post-289-0-38773600-1407358390_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

I hope all your great shoes are moving with you!

Steve

They most certainly are. After trimming the "fat" I have two xtra large Uhaul boxes full of my shoes. Funny, the Mrs. Has only one box of shoes.

My mother in law has joined us for the drive to help us unpack. I'm wondering if she will stumble upon anything.

Best,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been getting used to the shoes I bought .Wear them every other day around the house for 2 hrs. I am much better but not ready to go out in public. When I do my challenge will be to go out to a nice place for dinnerwith only my heels..  If I bring my regular shoes I might change my mind.

I have been getting used to the shoes I bought .Wear them every other day around the house for 2 hrs. I am much better but not ready to go out in public.

That's a good strategy, if you wore them more frequently and for longer than you feel comfortable, you'd only get tired and practice bad habits. I guess it's a bit like learning a musical instrument. It sounds like you're building a good foundation, I'm glad you're feeling the progress you're making and it's just a matter if time before you feel ready to go out in public.

When I do my challenge will be to go out to a nice place for dinnerwith only my heels..  If I bring my regular shoes I might change my mind.

I think that can work both ways. Sometimes it can make it too intimidating to step out in heels when you don't have the safety net of a backup pair of flats. Other times the thrill of not having that safety net gives you that extra push you need to take that step.

I feel a poll coming on... http://www.hhplace.org/topic/22566-backup-shoes-do-they-help-or-hinder-you-stepping-out-in-heels/

If you like it, wear it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My next challenge is wearing the heels in my avatar for a complete calender month (October 2014).  They will be my only form of footwear with the only exception being when im driving or mowing the lawn and this is purely for safety reasons.

You can follow my progress at www.facebook.com/heels4nspcc

I'm also considering the next major challenge.  It may just be a half or even a full marathon.

My next challenge is to attend a formal event (Im thinking the Nutcracker Ballet this winter) in my Black Aldo lace booties  with a 4" Heel . I have found the perfect evening dress to go with them, and its a little hard to just go shopping in something so elegant.

I usually go with the office-girl skirt and top out fit for shoe shopping

Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it....oh!

• 1 month later...

This is a challenge that is a work in progress, wearing boots on a train.

With autumn months and colder darker days ahead, I thought it would be fun to wear boots on my train ride home.  There is a train system (Metra) and a subway system (CTA) running in Chicago.  I ride Metra trains daily.  I have tried this a few times at night.  In my office, I have to wear business attire, shirt, tie and dress pants.  So I try to find a safe place to change after work. Timing is everything changing into boots outside of my office. When I am feeling daring I would board my train wearing tight black denim riding jeans, vintage 80's knee high Italian black boots, 4" heels, with a slim fitting leather jacket.  I always wonder with all these people running to catch a train if they would give disapproving looks, or take my picture.  But as I have read in other supportive posts, people are generally too occupied with their devices or catching their trains to notice. 

Tonight's outing in boots was uneventful. I walked to my station like I belong in boots. A lady who sat next to me was busy reading her book. Did not pay too much attention to what I had on.  I enjoyed crossing my legs when I had more leg room after she left, or a click-click sound of my heels as I walk off a train.  Although I don't see myself doing this round trip all day, it was my closest thing to wearing high heel boots in downtown Chicago.  

Always good to hear from another heeler in the Chicago area!  Which Metra station do you use - Union, Northwestern, LaSalle?  I don't go downtown much, but used to come in to Union Station and walked through the great hall every day.  Always thought it would be fun to wear heels and be able to here the clicking echoing.  Never did try it though.

I walked to my station like I belong in boots.  

Duh... The person that says you don't belong in boots is in your head, along with the person that says you do belong in boots.  I think it is time you start listening more to the guy that wants to wear boots than that other guy.  If you wear them with confidence (like you belong in boots), others wil recognize that confidence and accept your style presentation.

Your description of yor outfit "tight black denim riding jeans, vintage 80's knee high Italian black boots, 4" heels, with a slim fitting leather jacket" sounds classy (a picture would be nice).  The boots in your avitar look great and its a shame not to show them off.

Somehow find a way to enjoy your boots.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

When I am feeling daring I would board my train wearing tight black denim riding jeans, vintage 80's knee high Italian black boots, 4" heels, with a slim fitting leather jacket. 

I agree with TBG, that's a fine-sounding outfit. I think it's a good idea to do the journey in heels during a busy time, and you're right that despite any anxieties you might have, most people will be too busy to notice. Of the few who do, just because they may be surprised it doesn't necessarily mean that they disapprove. Do you see many other train travellers wearing heels?

If you like it, wear it.

Always good to hear from another heeler in the Chicago area!  Which Metra station do you use - Union, Northwestern, LaSalle?  I don't go downtown much, but used to come in to Union Station and walked through the great hall every day.  Always thought it would be fun to wear heels and be able to here the clicking echoing.  Never did try it though.

Hi RonC, I go on Northwest line from suburbs.

Duh... The person that says you don't belong in boots is in your head, along with the person that says you do belong in boots.  I think it is time you start listening more to the guy that wants to wear boots than that other guy.  If you wear them with confidence (like you belong in boots), others wil recognize that confidence and accept your style presentation.

Your description of yor outfit "tight black denim riding jeans, vintage 80's knee high Italian black boots, 4" heels, with a slim fitting leather jacket" sounds classy (a picture would be nice).  The boots in your avitar look great and its a shame not to show them off.

Somehow find a way to enjoy your boots.

TBG

Thighbootguy,

Of course I belong in boots, that other guy is my wife.  LOL  

SleekHeels,

I agree it comes across as a classy look.

Since you are all asking here are a few pics of my all black outfit.

Getting back on topic, who's next.  What's your next challenge wearing heels?

post-2843-0-51106200-1416059108_thumb.jp

post-2843-0-41611900-1416059214_thumb.jp

Kittyinboots: That is an absolutely brilliant look! Magnificent!

JeffB, who is one of the most fashionable savy dudes on this board, is sopt on!

It looks great and looks like you do belong in boots.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I have owned these ridiculously high heels for about a year. I've never been able to walk very far in them. This month, I made a concerted effort to learn to walk in them, and I decided they were ready for public consumption at church this morning. Only problem was, it snowed last night. No problem, it was only a couple inches, and I have a pretty good knack for keeping the shiny side up. I walked the 1/2 mile anyway.

After church, my wife and I visited one of her friends from work, and we went to Wal-Mart. All in all, I spent about 5 hours in shoes that were unwearable just a few weeks ago. Don't get me wrong, I was ready to get out of 'em after 5 hours, but it wasn't terrible pain by any means. And I just changed into lower heels anyway, 4.5 inch instead of 5.5 inch.

I am making pretty good progress toward my goal of increasing the height of the heels I can wear every day.

post-19325-0-21093900-1416174563_thumb.j

post-19325-0-99403300-1416174581_thumb.j

Impressive. Nice looking shoes. No comments to talk about is even more impressive.

Oh, I'm sure there will be comments, I'll just have to wait a day or three for them to filter down through my wife. I have to admit, I'm a little bit disappointed I didn't receive any comments from the nail shop girls, who usually ooh and aah over my shoes. I can pretty well predict by now the conversation I will be having with my wife within the next 2-3 days.