A Saddened Groupie.

Found on facebook. I'm sure the musicians amongst us will laugh loudly and even use it on stage as a bit of chat. post-2779-0-78530400-1353600967_thumb.jp I would suspect she's not old enough to know of Phil Lynott. Al

OH MAN! Someone should have bleached that gene pool! A Bass Player is VERY important! Easiest way to find out how important they are, turn off their amp in the middle of a set and see how things go from there. As for waking up with people and wondering ' Where did she come from? Better yet, where the hell am I? '.. I'll take the 5th! :D

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Lol yeah, was talking to a friend about the bass guitar players the other day how not too thankful to be one, You can't really make difference in their play unless you remove them from the band. The music will be awful :D

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

Big Bro plays bass. I always tell him the mixing desk was invented to remind bass players that no-one had come to hear them. I've been in places where the bass was making my skull vibrate. I'd always be happy to go with the bassist. If the mixing was right, no-one would hear of it LOL

"the bass was making my skull vibrate"

Mister Kilminster was good at that.

The "ugly" dude with the wart otherwise known as................................................Lemmy (a quid till Friday).

Nice guy really.

Al

"the bass was making my skull vibrate"

Mister Kilminster was good at that.

The "ugly" dude with the wart otherwise known as................................................Lemmy (a quid till Friday).

Nice guy really.

Al

Lemmy rocks! One limey dirtball I would LOVE to meet, get pissed with then go out and smash a town!

Lemmy, what a chap. In 1989 he won Melody Maker's 'Ligger of the Year'. I saw a programme recently where he was in his own tank( :rocker: ) wearing a German helmet and said he didn't understand why some people thought he was a nazi. How could one not love a chap with such an innocence of irony.

Yep, Lemmy is legendary. Through in John Paul Jones from Led Zeppeline and Mark King from Level 42 and you will probably have three of the world's greatest Bass players. All of them are great musicians on other instruments too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yep, Lemmy is legendary.

Through in John Paul Jones from Led Zeppeline and Mark King from Level 42 and you will probably have three of the world's greatest Bass players. All of them are great musicians on other instruments too.

Add to that list Geddy Lee of Rush.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have met Geddy before. Bried handshake and a ' hello ' and not much else. If I had the chance to jam with 3 bass players.. Les Claypool, Victor Wootin and John Entwistle. Victor is a monster! Check out some of the other vids hes in. His brother plays guitar and is also amazing. His 2 handed work with ' amazing grace ' is unreal. He plays the vocal line in harmonics while playing the ' bass line ' on the natural strings.. I have NEVER seen another bass player play like he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMOQKQ2fduY

• 2 weeks later...

How about Jack Bruce??? He is my all time favorite. Another favorite is much more obscure by the name of Gerald Johnson. I got to meet him a couple of years ago when he was playing with Dave Mason near Pittsburgh. I first saw him playing with Steve Miller in 1974 around when he released "The Joker". He played a right hand Fender Precision left-handed. Now he has a custom made Precision with a left-hand body and a right-hand neck. He plays with the strings reversed too. Phenomenal bassist!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

Tony Reeves also a fav of mine. His bass sound stands out quite nicely on the first three Greenslade albums, also played with Colosseum and Curved Air. Chris Squire of Yes also has a clearly recognisable style. Al