Why No Platform?

ilikekicks

I think I have finally figured out why those monster platforms really look cheap to me. It became very obvious when I saw this pic in another threat/topic .. the second set of pictures..

20211-long-legs-high-heels

It looks like shes wearing a pair of ice skates. It looks so artificial like some kind of cartoon character. A small platform, fine, understandable.. but things that are about as big as a brick.. just tacky IMO.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Plats have come a long way from looking cartoonish to actually enhancing the high heel look. Definitely, six inch high and up stilettos would not be as plausible, possible, or even as popular street wear without platforms for most heelers. I just wish they would quit sewing the toe box shaping and go back to molding the seamless shapes. If there was a way to cover, hide, or fill in the sewn seams without maring the appearance on some of the heels I have bought lately, I'd do it. Is there such a thing as glossy colored silicon glue that doesn't stiffen as it adheres and ages to patch patent leather blemishes or similar products for other footwear textures? Oh yeow! Platforms! I still prefer the single sole look over most platforms, but as others have posted, having up to an inch of hidden or revealed platforms aren't all that bad either as long as they are shaped to enhance the look of the footwear. Just thought of the multi-layered platforms. Some look awful, especially those that are off-set to the other layers.

I am with ILK on this. These shoes simply look oversized, exaggerated, like cartoon caracters have exaggerated hands, feets, and heads. I have seen girls walking "gracefully" in them, and even a nice ad for hosiery, yet I can't stop thinking the girls are "knitting" with their feet.

Strange as it may seem, the shoes in my avatar are my only platforms, and they do not have very much of it. (I just thought they make a very spacial avatar). Normally I do not like platforms. The only benefit I see, is that if you have 1 cm of platform, your feet will not hurt when you walk on cobblestones. There are quite a few nasty ones in the center of Amsterdam and my feet almost always take a bad beating walking there. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

The only benefit I see, is that if you have 1 cm of platform, your feet will

not hurt when you walk on cobblestones. There are quite a few nasty ones in the center of Amsterdam and

my feet almost always take a bad beating walking there.

Y.

yep so agree with that center can be nasty expecially Damsquare

Edited by FreshinHeels

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

To me the illusion of legs too short to reach the floor is the real show stopper in the looks department.. There are a number of other reasons why I loath them that I'd rather not get into now. Oh well, some people just like to be on pedestals. I'll have to chime back in when I've compiled my list.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I love platforms. I like a bit of the hooker look. I've even worn them to church. 4.5" heels and 1.5" platform. All with pants not too long to show off the heels. They are very loud as well. Most women would not dare to wear these! Let alone to church, with a lot of old people giving you looks. I look more like a rock groupie than a choir member!

I think some styles that have been designed with a platform can look really stylish, as long as they're not too high (maybe 1½" maximum for me). I think it doesn't work when they seem to just take a non-platform design and stick a platform on it as an afterthought.

If you like it, wear it.

I always used to prefer single sole shoes and could not understand the fasination with platforms, but recently shoes such as these have begun to make me think that there are a few pairs that can look stylish. post-15565-0-38562300-1353912947_thumb.j

I still think that most people cannpt walk gracefully in a platform of any size. 1/2 inch or so, fine, but by the time you get to an inch or more, I've seen no one that didn;t clop around in them. For me the whole idea of heels is to look graceful. Can;t be done in bulky platforms. Saw a girl in Norstroms today. The shoes she was trying on had to be about 2" platforms with a six inch (at least) heel. She was one fine young woman, trim and sexy, and she did as good as anyone I've ever seen in those things, but she still could not walk with the smae graceful stride of a single sole shoe. I would have loved to have told her that too!