What's Easier To Walk In. Stilleto Or Chunky?

Curt

Just wondering? I wear heels very close to full-on stilletos, and are a hell of a lot comfortable than block heels. You are probably forced to walk perfectly when the heel is so narrow? That's how I feel about it.

A stiletto heel puts the impact point under the wearers heel rather than behind it. It feels much more natural and comfortable.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I have read somewhere long ago that chunky heels are imposing the position of the shoe when in contact with the groud. This was not considered good by the interviewed doctor because it may prevent your ankles from finding their ideal position. I don't know what to think about it.

I shouldnt worry about it if I were you, It's never stopped any of the other guys from posting in this forum ;-)

Your razor sharp wit is not noticed by some Amanda which I suppose proves your point to a degree. Might be a web site some where that could help train us poor men to understand though ;-)

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Thanks, Shafted. Pumpcat, it's a good question, but unless you have two identical pairs of shoes or boots, one with stiletto and the other in chunky or block heels, you really aren't comparing apples to apples. You might be comparing pumps to loafers or boots, or two pair of pumps that fit differently, with different heel heights, different vamps, etc. The fit can greatly affect how easy it is to walk in. Think of your own experience, with shoes and boots. I can come up with some shoes with stiletto heels that are easy to walk in and some that are difficult. Same with chunky heels. So the answer is that any answer is dependent on your limited experience with a limited number of data points, and is likely not a valid comparison. It probably boils down to what one's preference in heels is, more than any scientific experiment. Steve

Back to the topic, all, please.

I apologise for posting in the guys thread. It's not a habit of mine replying to posts here. Just sometimes I feel you need some guidance. Anyway, I'm sure you don't really mind :-) xxx

If you are comparing them of similar height then chunk are easiest but a 5" chunky is harder than a 4" stiletto. It can also depend a little on the design of the shoe or boot. As always Amanda your views are always welcome and I enjoy the contribution of such wonderful feisty woman x

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I also agree that it depends on the shoe. There are chunky heels that are unconfortable and stilletos that are terribly stable and easy to walk. Otherwise for EU46 size is not easy to find good chunky shoes. I don't like Pleaser's quality at all.

Right, I think Pleasers are meant to be your first cheap pair of heels... I have one pair but totally lost interest in them when I found better quality shoes almost for the same price... I think it would be a good theme for another topic...

I vote: stilettos, which to be honest I never would have thought would be the case until I tried some. I find the thinner heels easier to manage because you get less torquing of the ankle as you do on chunky heels. Thats just like, my opinion man.

Depends where you are walking. I like to go hiking, and sometimes wear heels. I like the feeling of a heel sinking in the ground, but makes it a little difficult to walk, where a chunky heel wouldn't sink,making it easier to walk. Then if you get into a wedge heel, thats a little tougher to walk in. Have to watch out for the roots or rocks...

As everyone has accumulatively suggested, it's the design/type/style/material of the pumps/loafers/oxfords/boots/sandals, the fit, the type and deterioration of the heel tips, the relative height with or without platforms, the thickness of the platforms, the kind of surface(s) to be walked on, the intent or activity you will be engaged in or on, your familiarity with the heels you choose to wear for the event or situation, and your perception and well-being (especially your feet and ankles) that are many of the wearing factors concerning whether or not the footwear is comfortable with stiletto, chunky, or wedge heels. The wider tips tend to become unbalanced easier on uneven surfaces, which may be more stressful for the ankles. Stilettos with metal and plastic tips are more prone to slip on glossy smooth surfaces, which may result in tripping embarrassments or injurious falls. Rubber heel tips hold their position upon contact better on most surfaces which helps the wearer feel more secure with mid and high heels.

Very good point. I almost killed myself with plastic tipped stilletos! Now I change all my tips to rubber. I have one pair of 70s knee boots with steel tips. Very loud. If I want attention, I can get it with these! clarissa

well, when I did have a pair of chunky platform boots (hence my name I still use here) I'd find that they were a lot easier to wear than stilletos on the whole.

I think it depends very much on the design of the shoe. It is the same as with heel height. Some low heels (or even flats) are horrible to walk in and you can damage your ankles with them, and some high heels are extremely comfortable. Similarly some narrow heels can be very stable and some chunky heels are not. Probably there is also a lot of psychology involved. If you are a stiletto addict, you just want them to be more stable and hence they become stable in your mind. It is a kind of placebo effect. On average I think that the chunky heels are more stable. But that is a personal statistical opinion only. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.