T3H Tex0Rz!

Just looking at the topic title makes people say ' what the hell kind of typo is that? '. Its not, in fact, a typo. I was visiting another message forum ( automotive type ) and some of the younger crowd there have something that I am going to refer to as ' their own language '. They can understand each other ( somewhat ) but they just cannot carry a coherent conversation with anyone else. ' wat ', as in ' what '. 'plz ' is ' please '. Theres so many different ways they spell things that a literature/english professor would have convulsions TRYING to grade a paper written in such a way. One of them asked me a question and I needed to have them ask 4 times before they actually took the time to spell things out properly. They then had the audacity to ask me ' Whats your problem man? '. When I informed him that in order to be accurate in answering his question or to give the solution to ' HIS PROBLEM ', I would like to know exactly what I am up against. Apparently this offended him to some extreme means. What I question would be : Are people just too lazy to look at what they write or try to converse? Do they not have a spell checker for their browsers? Maybe they just dont care and feel they will type as they please and everyone owes them a response? Im finding it more and more frequent where I come across messages posted on the few sites that I visit where I look at whats there and say to myself ' What do they mean? '. ' Have they ever heard of a period? '. ' What the hell is that word supposed to be? ' There are some typos we see all the time. ' teh ' instead of ' the '. People spell ' wierd ' using the I before E rule when in reality its an acceptation and is ' weird ' in its ways to begin with ;) Im no grammar major nor some english professor, but for the mans sake, how do these individuals survive in society? I would love to see a job application submitted by one of them! Anyone else noticing these trends? -Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Yes, thankfully most of the foums I visit insist on some grammatic effort, both from moderators and users. To be honest, I don't even make an effort to read something where someone is typing garbage, either text speak or long paragraphs with no punctuation. Life's too short.

elite speak, or 1337 (leet) speak came from the hacker world. There are many variations that have sprung up since. Quite a bit of the plz shortening has also come from the use of twitter, where you might have to crop out a few letters to finish your point. Teh is just a bit of an inside joke, once again, from the computer generation. "I am teh dumb" when you do something stupid.

(formerly known as "JimC")

I have noticed a lot of people using "text speak" in verbal anguage. Some of the younger girls at work say "lol", not l.o.l. but lol. I have often heard OMG instead of Oh My God too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

It's not limited to english-speaking boards, we have the same "problem" here in germany - even worse, it is sometimes a really weird mixture of german slang, bad grammar, wrong typed english words and the so called "Denglisch" (a sometimes really annoying mixture of english substantives and/or adjectives with german syntax).

Sometimes it is a really strange experience when i write something in an english board with a better grammar than the native speakers....

Who the heck is General Failure and why is he reading my Disk?

I translate once (if possible) and ignore all further correspondence. Spelling errors- I can be very guilty (without spell check UK English). Just don't wake Megan up! Al