Hard Dry Feet

meganiwish

Question

8 answers to this question

I've read what was written, and whilst I understand the thinking behind it, if I personally don't do anything about the dead skin on my feet I end up with revolting trotters - it doesn't sort itself out naturally for me, and I've never found the removal of hard skin to cause me any subsequent problems. I don't feel that it's caused by prolonged wear of badly fitting shoes as I don't wear shoes in the house and most of the time at work I have to wear flat clogs. When they need sorting out, I give my (dry) feet a going-over with a good foot-file before showering, and before going to sleep slather them with a rich, moisturising foot cream (both the file and the cream I use are made by Scholl), then put on a pair of cotton socks (I got a pair from The Body Shop, allegedly specifically for this) and go to sleep. They definitely feel softer in the morning.

Yes, natural fibres next to the skin are good for your feet but as I said before, the hard skin is natures way of protecting your feet from harm and is often a response to something you're doing wrong.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Yes, I'm sure it is. Perhaps you are now wearing something different to what you wore before or perhaps you have lost your immunity to it. Sometimes it could be an allergy, even to the glue used in shoe making. It could even be just age. The remedial actions will take time.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I noticed some hardening of the skin on my heels the other day but gave them a good wash in warm soapy water a thorough rinse over and now they're fine again.