Where is Laurieheels ?

PJ

Hello Laurie! Obviously we are all very pleased to see you posting again, albeit sparingly! Does this mean that we can look forward to the resumption of your moderator's messages on Jenny's Forum from time to time? I do hope so, because although moderator Firefox does an absolutely Herculean job on all of the many Forums under his watch, including Jenny's, it would also be nice for Jenny's ladies' forum to hear from either of its lady moderators now and then! Very best wishes, Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

As an ex-Canuck my condolences on the Stanley Cup . . . .

Vern

Once a Canuck, always a Canuck! :) Nobody can take your birthright away from you - I tell people that I'm Canadian by birth and American by choice :roll:

Aly

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

Canadian by birth and American by choice... sounds like an insult to being Canadian to me. You chose some other country over your homeland.

Such a shame...

Not really - I was yanked out of Canada when I was 11 - my Dad was transferred to the US and I pretty much grew up here. Although I'm still fiercely Canadian I figured that since I'm paying taxes here, have a wife and 2 kids born here, and am affected by the decisions made here I may as well take part in the decision-making here by voting!

I still visit "home" as much as I can - my wife loves it in Victoria, and the kids, although both grown and on their own, will often make arrangements to join us when we venture up North...

And I still play hockey regularly in a recreational league down here - in fact about half the team is Canadian - our team name is "US eh" ! :roll:

Aly

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

Canadian by birth and American by choice... sounds like an insult to being Canadian to me. You chose some other country over your homeland.

Such a shame...

Oh, I dunno - Canada is a part of North America. Living in Vegas, I've heard of staunch, anti-US Mexicans refer to themselves as "Americans."

It's a continental thing...