Does Anyone Like High Heel Oxfords?

barney15c

I never noticed this thread before. Yes, I like oxfords. I'll repost a photo I have on here elsewhere. They are Nine West Sizzle. I kind of hate the name, but I totally love the shoes. I even bought a second pair of them in regular flat black leather, though I adore the patent leather.

post-19325-0-60431200-1357231763_thumb.j

Like mlroseplant, I didn't notice this thread either. I also like Oxford's for two reasons, I can get them to fit my odd feet and the block heels are easy to walk in. I just got another pair which I plan to wear to work

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoy this style in general because of the unique fit they offer. with a high instep the laces allow for a custom fit and because they are closed in unlike a pump they feel more secure like a boot. However unlike a boot to get a lot more flexibility in the ankle. I'm not at all familiar with all the different style names and such but I would be most happy if I could find a shoe in this style with a chunky stacked heel as opposed to a stiletto heel. similar to the ones pictured above posted by HEELS2U. Especially if they are styled like a classic men's oxford.

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!

Just got these Oxford style heels, wearing these all day today. Great fit, perfect all day 4.25" heels. There are from Enzo Angiolini in size 11.

Joe

But, uh. . . those aren't. . . ummmm. . . Oxfords. Not even close. Those are zip-up booties. Some people call them shooties. Oxfords definitely have to have shoelaces. Cool looking booties, though! I'd wear them.

By the way, even though I'm now an Iowegian, I'm from North Carolina. Durham.

• 2 weeks later...

I can see why you like them. Those are seriously cool. I want to say I even saw those on there several days ago. Even though I already have 3 pairs of oxfords, I always punch in "lace-ups" every few days on eBay, because I'm always looking for that perfect pair. I still haven't found it yet, but what you've got there is real, real close. If you don't mind sharing, what's the brand/model if you know it? Are those leather soles? And again, if you don't mind, what size do you wear? I think you definitely made out well. Those look like they have a lot of wear left in them.

I wear a size 11. These are actually a size 10 but they have been worn enough to have stretched. I often purchase worn shoes that way often they will have grown. I love them. They are solve vital and the soles are leather.

Absolutely, higher the better.

Brand is Dolce Vita, previous response from my phone which just does not like it when I use words that are not in the dictionary and I did not see the change.

You are not the first person to fall victim to auto-correct. I knew what you meant. You should see some of the stuff my phone puts out when I forget and leave it on Vietnamese language. Thanks for the info, Joe. Enjoy those shoes!

• 4 weeks later...

I do like oxfords. I have two, one with 3-1/2" heels, the other with 4" heels.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.