Running in 'HEELS?

Anita C.

Do you ever run in your Stilettos?  

398 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever run in your Stilettos?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with Roxy all the way on this way on this. If a girl needs to run she should slip her shoes off and RUN. Otherwise she should strut like a lynx in her heels- that's the purpose of such provocative footwear.

"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything." Nietzsche.

If I ever tried with the heels I had, I wouldn't be in heels anymore D: I love heels - walking, looking at, wearing, etc. - but to the point that I don't want anything to affect my future in wearing them.

Formally "HHDude"

Otherwise she should strut like a lynx in her heels.....

....And her 'derriere' should bob up and down like a bunny rabbit's tail.....!:)

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 6 months later...

When I’m out and need to get somewhere, I tend to take a longer stride than I probably should and that let me cover a lot of distance quickly, but as soon as I catch myself doing that I slow down again. I’ve only had a few occasions to run in 4-5” stiletto heels. Several times when I was crossing a busy street and had to get out of the way of a driver that wasn’t paying attention… running seemed the proper thing to do. The only other time was when a $20 blew out of my hand and I had to chase after it. The $20 was sufficient incentive to run in heels.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I usually try to avoid running when wearing a pair of my heels due to the fact that they are 5 inch or higher stiletto heels. However, there have been a few times I have had to run across the street when out for a night time walk. I will never forget the time when I was out in my 6.5 inch heels from 6ihf and had to make a quick dash across the street, I am just thankful that nothing bad happened.

Yes, I can walk in 6.5 inch heels!!!

Hi Sleekheels,

there is one problem with what you say. Going up stairs in heels is dead-easy - its coming down thats 10 times harder. You would need to be practising going down stairs because going up stairs you don't need to use your heels...

rgds

Heel-Lover

Maybe its just me but I find goingdown stairs 100 times easier than going up - I could run down (and do every morning so I don't miss my ride to college) but going up I have to be careful so I don't end up back at the bottom in pool of blood, tangled up in my 4 inch heels.

I sorta ran in them today in the supermarket cos I was running late (no pun intended, honest) but gave up after a bit - besides I was pushing a trolley so it was cheating. I have run in my 2in heel cowboy boots, quite a distance for a bus, but I though all eyes were on me cos of the noise o the heels. :smile:

I gave this thread a read over last week and this weekend while out doing a little shopping (wearing 4inch spike heeled boots) I decided to see if I actually could run in heels, so had a quick run back to my car while noone else was around to watch. Turns out I can run in heels, though I really really shouldn't. Thankfully the boots I was wearing I bought for £5 in the pre-Xmas sales, because about two steps before reaching my car the left heel completely came away from the sole of the boot, throwing me onto my rear next to the car. Officially my first pair of ruined heels! Lol. Oh well. Chris

Interesting subject of course, I have not run in any of my heeled shoes or boots, however the though has crossed my mind since I wear heeled shoes and boots often and I live in the country where I do get lots of bears and other wild animals that regularly visit my house. So the thought of sprinting in heels has shown up on my radar, just have not reason to do so yet. I will look to have the picture of the bear and me in heels just for sprinting laughs. Mtnsofheels

• 5 months later...

Was just wondering if we had this subject here. Somehow when I take slow steps or if I slow down from that there is no hint of a problem but somehow if I try to speed up something is different. The idea of running in high heels has been around for a while and I even remember some annual HH race. Anyway I need some time to review this subject from the beginning.

A web search for "high heel race" finds a few events that have taken place around the world, and judging from the video clips I'd struggle to keep up with some of those runners (but it could be fun taking part even if I finished last).

If you like it, wear it.

Can I run in heels? Heck yea! It's just less heel-toe and more on the balls of my feet while keeping my feet extended so the heel doesn't touch the ground.

This is one that I had wondered about. Running on tiptoe as somehow the running geometry is different with high heels and the high heel geometry is different with running. For me to dash across the street with two inch heels is different from wearing my reebok princess shoes. Now there is a real nice shoe for those of us without clown feet. Another thing there was a subject titled something like another way to make money from wearing high heels. There was a US Navy officer going to graduate and was ordered to dress smartly which meant the appropriate Navy uniform high heels. But later was ordered to run to catch up or some such which resulted in an injury and disability settlement. For some reason this subject was not accepting quotes or replies. Also some place here recently I posted a little comment on the annual high heel race. This was nearly all girls who ran.

There it is I just found the place where I posted about the race.

Edited by Mike Hinch

To be honest never tried running in heels and I am not going to try, I do find walking down long slops can be a problem after a while. Going down stairs can be a problem if you don't pick your heels up far enough to clear the steps, a few times I have been caught out but have not tripped as yet.

life is not a rehearsal

You may be challenged in some ways, but speed is not one of them! If you'll pardon the pun, you've made great strides, and I'm proud of you, Erica! You're a great example of how people can overcome disabilities! S

I wish I could... I don't have that space to do so, if I try I might fall of my apartment windows :)

I think it is a real turn on, take a look at this ad, the girl running in red stilettos is really nice - too bad it is so brief

• 3 weeks later...

I could run for a short distance, but it's more like a fast shuffle than a run.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I admit that at the age of 54 I seldom run anymore let alone in heels.

How about the rest of you? Do you/can you run in your Stilettos without something unfortunate happening? :roll:

Ciao!

Anita :

I could run in four-inch heels, but would probably incur some damage. I do a lot of walking/hiking, both for fun and health, but not in heels -- not exactly practical here in Colorado... :) Even on flat terrain, however, if I'm going to cover any amount of distance, it won't be in heels. I have walked to my mailbox a few times in heels... :)

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.