Finding The Right High Heels

stilletoboot

Question

I love wearing highheel boots but can't seem to find the right heels because I dont no if I have a high arch or not,can any body explain what this is how it looks,and if possible show me pictures of what it looks like? And do you need high arches to really enjoy your heels,and what type of heels and heel height is best for a high arch foot?

4 answers to this question

Try them on. If they're comfortable then buy them, if not then don't. If you can't try them on in the shop, check their returns policy. High arched boots (or shoes) may not necessarily be comfortable on a person with high arches and vice versa.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The biggest issue I have had in the past is that for some reason my high arches also creates a high instep as well. I almost exclusively wear boots so the big problem I have is the boot being way too tight across the top of my foot. I have found two solutions for this. One, get a wider size although I wear a wide width anyway. Two, buy lace up boots so you can lace them to fit. I also tend to wear some type of insole that has an arch support in a lot of my cheaper shoes/boots since they often times lack a proper arch support inside. As far as comfort goes pay close attention to the actual shape of the sole. Different manufacturers create shoes with different amounts of curvature to the sole. Having a pair of heels with a bit more curve in the sole can often act like its own arch support. I don't know if you have as hard a time as I do finding a pair of heels that are not only the right size but are also comfortable but what I do often is find a pair in my size or a bit bigger and add insoles or what have you after the fact. Hope this helps.

Life is like a good shoe store, the more variety the better!

If you want to find out if you have high arches: wet the bottom of your foot, walk a few steps, if there is no imprint of water in the middle of your foot then you have high arches. Otherwords, the middle of your foot won't have contact with the floor. Buy boots or shoes that are leather so they can be stretched properly. I have very high arched feet, but my right foot is wider than my left. I stick with square toe boxes. I love pointed pumps, but my feet don't love them. Spend some money are buy quality made leather shoes. You don't have to break the bank and buy louboutins or ysl tribute boots(my dream to own a pair in size 10) but mid range priced shoes shouldn't hurt your feet too much. If you still aren't sure, talk to a podiatiist. My foot doctor said for me to have a bit of platform for cushioning. Also, 4.5" heels are okay as long as they constructed properly. I think people with high arches and with flat feet have the most foot problems. Good luck for your search for your perfect heels.