They're HERE! (My Ballets)

Anita C.

They arrived last week. On Friday. I opened the parcel and there they were! Shiny Black Patent with a 9" heel. I sat down with the TV remote and dinner within reach and put my knee-high Ballets on. As per advice from wearers I laced them TIGHT and had put silicone pads in the toebox. After 2 hours I was getting leg/foot cramps so I removed them & had a Banana and a glass of OJ. I went out & got one of my Dads' walkers and on Saturday I tried again to stand. It worked. I schlepped around the Casa Saturday morning (NOT very gracefully at all I might add!) with the walkers' assistance. Teri suggests I might want to attempt sleeping with them on to train/stretch the muscles. I am considering this in the future. Odd- the Ballets make my 5.5" heels not seem so high anymore! Go Figure. Ciao! Anita

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

having a walking aid is useful, something I don't have, but then I haven't been wearing my ballets for a long while. :o still need lots more practice :( would like to hear how you progress and a picture, if possible, with your ballets and corset :( or am I just being a perv! :D

Congratulations Anita on advancing to the ballet shoe stage. What is the heel height? As for me, I still prefer my heels to be perpendicular to the floor, not my toes. 6" stiletto pumps are my limit.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

PJ Anita said

And what's wrong with having your heels perpendicular to the floor and parallel to your feet, both words start with P, PJ

Jeff

JeffM;

Both regular style pumps and ballet heels have their stiletto heels perpendicular to the ground. So they are both similar in this respect. Nothing wrong here.

With regular style pumps, the toes are horizontal to the floor. With ballet heels, the toes are perpendicular to the floor. I prefer my toes to be horizontal, not vertical. So that is why I don't like ballet heels.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

JeffM; No offense taken. I honestly believed you did not understand my previous post. So I tried to explain it in a different way.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back on a schedule for training in my ballets. I can now walk across the room without having to grab onto everything. I saw Spooks site . . . she says she is wearing ballets almost 24/7? :D 'Scuse me but why?

"Spike Heels . . a Pork-pie hat . .

Have on the mend in no time flat . . Ten Minutes 'Till The Savages Come by Manhatten Transfer.

While the idea of wearing ballet heels, or other -very- high heels 24/7 sounds fun, it's unfortunatly not possible. I'm sure that both you and Laurie can attest to the fact you can't always be in your favorite heels. Although, from what I understand she just wants the ability to wear them 24/7, she doesnt plan to wear nothing but.. Sometimes its nice to take a calm relaxing stroll in 7" heels instead of 9" heels :D Great to hear you are doing good with your ballet heels. I'm still practicing when I can, shouldnt be too long and I'll have a somewhat natrual looking walk for very short distances. Good luck Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

out of practice ! some of us would like to be in practice :( but we'll work on it :( I'm not wearing mine at the moment as I'm waiting for two pressure sores to heal. Both caused while wearing flat shoes, I might add! :D

• 4 months later...

@Anita C. In your initial post you wrote that wearing your new ballets for a while made you feel more comfortable w/ your 5.5" stilettos. I second that. I was having less problems w/ my +7" pumps after some ballet sessions. BTW, I do love your tales from the stories-section... :roll: CU! -Mike