4 Inch Pumps Vs. 51/2-6Inch Platform Pumps

trevor

im just curious to see what everyone feels is a sexier type shoe. the 4inch pump or the 51/2- 6inch platform pump. in the past my wife mostly wore 4 inch pumps when going out at night. she had a few of the 5 inch pumps on occasion she would wear if not having to walk to far. i use to think these were the sexiest shoes. now i dont find a 4 inch heel that hot anymore. she has like 4 pairs of the new platform pumps in the 51/2 -6inch height which you see everyone wearing now. she can handle these really well. for me i think the higher the heel the sexier the shoe most of the time. what is everyones opinion ? were going out tonite to a classy restaurant and she will be wearing her red patent 51/2 inch platform pumps. these shoes look so hot. she always gets alot of looks when wearing these shoes as well as compliments. last time in las vegas when she wore these shoes a girl came up to my wife and asked her if she would just stay there for a few minutes while she went and got her girlfriend so she could see these shoes. she absolutely loved my wifes heels and both of them thought these heels were so hot. i love this kind of thing.

Usually the high heel heights used for daily activities range between the 3.75" to 4.5" equivalents. Platforms are nice as long as they aren't the dominantly noticed feature of the footwear. To choose one shoe over another takes a personal opinion upon the sampling of the choices. Some of the heels that may look great on some one, may or may not fit within your taste, but they have one or more features that you find more attractive or repulsive. For an example that has been widely adapted in the high heel fashion lately, I'll site in on the designer shoes of Christain Louboutin who has a reputation for quality heels. The heels look great for a frontal view, but then you see the side perspective and the stilettos looks like they are holding up the back of the shoes instead of supporting the heels of the wearers. This factor deters my wanting to wear those type of designs, because they make me think the arch of the foot has even less support causing some of unnecessary fatigue or aching in that area which results in less comfort when worn for lengthy periods. Therefore, not as attractive as the CL heels might have portrayed had the foot been seen as being supported under the heel area. This is only one factor in choosing a type of footwear over another. It's all a matter of perspective tastes.

Always loved a 4" pump when I was younger, but that was as high as I remembered them being. Now it seems that a 5" pump without a platform is not as far out there as it used to be, so I would now go for that. I dare say that sometime in the future, it will be common to see even 6" single soled pumps, and men walking about in stilettos too. That day can't come too soon for me.

I have never been a platform shoe fan. Although, I have really grown to like small/mini platforms (as long as they are an inch or less and are done tastefully or hidden). However, directly to your question, a choice of a 4" vs 6" with 2" platform, I'll take the 4" first... but a 5" with a 1" platform would be ok too. :)

I have always preffered the single soled heel. To me the flex under foot better and personally I find they are both easier to walk in and look better at the same time. The newer hidden plats with the thin heels are pretty sexy though.

I like 1" platforms with a stiletto heel, no thick clunky heels for me! Any higher than a 1" platform and my interest drops as the platform gets higher.

When it comes to having a platform, I agree with Pumped, except my threshold for a platform is .5"

So based on the question posted, I say 4" pumps - stiletto & single-soled.

It's fine to have a shoe with no platform & a 6" heel, but how many people can walk in them for any period of time? A platform allows the illusion of wearing the higher heel without the arch. There is the fine line wear the platform overwhelms the shoe. A platform also makes an easier walk than just the sole as there's the cushion from stones, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did not care for plats when they first appeared. They looked very bulky and definitely non-feminine; like the platform was a second-thought add on. Then plats had a more sleek appearence and are blended so the delineation between sole and platform is not noticeable and with a slim heel. Personally, I do very well in a 6½ heel and 2¼ platform. That is not to say that I don't care for a 4 classic pump with stiletto heel and pointed toe. I have not pitched any of these and still purchase them, and now have 4 or 5 plats in my closet. In short, I wear both styles mentioned above with no height related problems. E

In the past my answer would have simply been 4.5-inch pump without platform. I think those are still my favorite. I have however developed a significant fondness for high wedge sandals. Perfect for me would be a pair of 5 - 6 inch wedges with a 1 - 1.5 inch platform. Unfortunately the largest size I have seen is 11 and I am in 12 wide. Platform pumps are growing on me too. I have a few pairs. They aren't awesome but I still dig them and have worn them out a couple times. There are a few pairs from Charolette Rouse (?sp) that I would buy in a heartbeat if they had my size Best, AZShoeNut

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I like the hidden platform of say about an inch, so 5" heels with 1" platform are ideal. For example, look up/Google Jessica Simpson Francesca heel. mmmm yummy. That's my favorite!

Nice! Love the shape of the heel.

In general, I would say a single soled 4" pump is more elegant than 5" heels with a 1" platform, but the gap is closing for me. Now that I have platforms, I no longer find them to be that far behind. Attached is a pic of two recent purchases (both featured on the new shoes thread) for comparison. I'm wearing the platforms a lot more than the classic pumps right now.

post-519-0-41544900-1354717647_thumb.jpg