Heels And Pain

Dancer Girl

Where do you find it most painful. For years I used to cramp up in my arch area and that seems to be better buy my toes are always sore (from being crammed into the toe box of my heels). I have narrow heels and I find wearing a half size smaller keeps my feet in the shoes as the toes are usually pushed to the front of the shoe. Where do you find it hurt and what do you do for it?

If closed toes then with those....I try and wear sandals or open toes if possible. Also toes from the weight being thrust onto them, I'm quite petite but even so still hurts after a while. Other than that back of my legs/calf muscles if standing or walking too long

For starters, I freely admit that some of my heels are more comfortable than others...and it has little to do with heel height. Several years ago when heels were extremely pointed, the toe boxes were tight simply by design. I found those shoes to be more painful than the ones on the market today that are a little less pointed. Toe crowding has been the greatest source of pain for me. Even low to mid-heels with an extremely pointed toe hurt after a short period of time. I still love pointed toes, but maybe a little less on the extreme side!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

• 3 weeks later...

I also suffer from pointy toe pain. I don't often wear them but when I do then my preffered style is short ponty toes. Long ones are more comfortable I know but they make me feel like a witch...