Socks Or No Socks

krazyhusband

As for me, I just like to wear heels. I usually wear jeans and a nice top. Jeans are usually long enough to cover most of the heel. I always wear black mens dress socks with my heels. Never gone out without socks on. Just curious how many people,women and men do or do not wear socks with heels. None of my heels are sandles, they are all closed toed. So for pumps, should i be going without or with socks. Boots I'm guessing should be with socks. How about booties, or oxfords?

Just at the moment because of some of my situation it makes it dificult to process socks so for the last few weeks been going without. Have mentioned a problem of swelling so so some times need to use compression hose and fortunatly that problem is taking a rest. My heavey duty work boots can be used with socks but if I do not happen to have them on I dump a touch of sawdust in the boots which protects from rubbing and absorbs the dirt and is disposable. With fancy pumps I go with pantyhose and about the only pantyhose that I have is 30/40 compression. Toe-ring sandals I wear without but I have converted a few pairs of opaque to mitten toe. My heavy duty sandals I wear without but dressy sandals with pantyhose like in my pix. There are a few pair of heavy duty socks that I wear with my ladies hiking boots. Still hanging out here at the shop and been practicing with my six inch stilettos and doing that barefoot and that makes it hard to get the toes in straight. Probably will use socks more after it cools for the winter.

When I first started to wear womens style shoes (long time ago) I always wore them with kneehigh white socks, as I thought that was the thing to do. But now I just wear normal type socks with my boots, anything else it's normally barely black kneehighs as in my photo, just looks so much better.

life is not a rehearsal

Socks with boots and nylon hose with pumps for me.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Try what ever helps the proper fit and as you say you (like me mostly) hide with long trousers then it is purely comfort that rules. Al

I always wear hosery. Either Thigh High Stockings or Pantihose. I have not worn socks in over 12 years. Even when wearing male type shoes; I wear hosery.

Henri

Personally I find nothing shreds hosiery faster than mens's shoes.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Wear whatever feels or looks best to you. There is no right or wrong answer to your question, and everyone has different preferences. I prefer thin nylon hosiery (www.activskin.com) and wear either sheer pantyhose, opaque tights, sheer or opaque stockings, sheer or opaque knee highs, or footies, depending on the shoes, the weather, my mood, and what pants I want to wear. With sandals in warm weather I may go barefoot and show my pedicure. Steve

Thin socks or tights with boots, and tights/hosiery with pumps, and I also have very low cut socks I sometimes wear with pumps that are the "no show" type, which I wear when I dont feel like wearing hosiery or its a hotter day.

I agree with Shafted, I have ruined a few pairs of hosiery while wearing normal men's shoes. They just don't work together... at all.

I wear kneehigh pantyhose with either pumps, boots, and some sandals and usually go barelegged when wearing most wedge sandals. If I know I'll be shoe shopping then I'll have always have pantyhose on as it makes it easy to slip on/slip off different shoes. HappyinHeels

Socks? God no! For me, it's either pantyhose, tights or knee highs (when wearing boots). But NEVER socks!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I see that a lot of people like to wear some type of hoisery with their heels. Cool. Guess my wife and I are a little different. We both wear socks when wearing heels. When she wears heels,she is usually in jeans or dress pants. Thanks for the replies.

I am a fanatic about how my shoes fit. I prefer them to fit snug, and I am also Concerned about stretching them out too much. So for me it depends on how the Shoe fits when new. Today I have on wedges with no socks. From there I will Wear trouser socks. very thin and I have some that don't look like womans socks. Just recently I have been buying very thin womans "sneaker" socks. I have these work Extremely well with boots. Now I do have some other boots that I wear mens socks With but they are not real thick. As for pumps, NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NERVER wear socks with them. Exception, You are a woman in a short skirt you can wear those short frilly white socks, very thins Ones. I would go sockless more but the smell can get bad. So its all about the fit.

Heels2U, Last Sunday in the supermarket I saw a woman 40ish, wearing multi colored socks with her 5" platform heeled pumps and was wearing cropped length jeans so the colorful socks were quite visible and she looked good too. I told that I liked her look that she was making a fashion statement with that look. Normally I wouldn't think of wearing socks with heels, but her look did impress me! Happy Heeling, bluejay

This was something I debated about recently. I always wore my pumps around the house in either thigh highs or bare foot. I finally took the plunge and went out in my black stiletto leather platforms, but I went out and bought some trouser socks. Black went with these pumps and made them a bit less noticeable and under my jeans. Went pretty well actually, so I'd have to say trouser socks seem to be a good option under jeans. Inexpensive, like hosiery, and thin. There are some neat patterned ones too. Not sure how thigh highs and jeans would work.

About the original question: Here we are breaking the mold by wearing shoes that most people think we should not be wearing and then we are discussing what are the proper conventions. Somehow I think the discussion about what to do does not make sense. Look in the mirror and decide whether what you wear looks good in your eyes. Then go for it. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

Possibly a pair of Fry work boots that I have will do it faster. Somehow the thought of wearing men's shoes is distastefull porbably because I want to be a lesbian when I grow up. Also this whole subject is a good one for discussion and has shown to me some exceptions to the rules.

• 4 weeks later...

I have gone without socks. When the wife and I went camping this year, i wore heels(pumps) with no socks. Kinda look funny wearing heels and socks with shorts on. Sitting by the camp fire as well, no socks with shorts,but when the jeans came on, so did the socks. Even one time a park ranger came by and told us there was a fire ban on, I was wearing swimming shorts,tank top and black 5.5 inch stilettos with a little platform. I'm pretty sure she noticed them. I was sitting on my chair with my legs stretched out,heels very visible, and nothing happened.

• 5 weeks later...

When I'm wearing knee high or ankle boots, it's ok for me with socks. But I like pantyhose or stockings much better. Pumps and socks don't go together for me, unless they are very thin. (I dislike thick socks anyway). I prefer pumps either with nylons or barefoot. Wooden sandals I always wear barefoot.

I like the contrast of white socks with my black pumps (see pics). I frequently wear socks with heels or go barefoot. Sometimes it just depends on how cold it is. I never cared for hosiery.

Still, athletic socks and heels just don't sound like a natural match. I have some thin white socks that I sometimes use for pictures only.

post-519-0-06938000-1355644316_thumb.jpg

The contrast with the black pumps and leggings does look great. Those socks are so thin they look very much like hosiery! I feel more comfortable with hosiery than barefoot as my foot slides smoothly into the shoe.