Salon Nails

killer heels

I wondered which girls (or guys if interested I guess!) Had experimented successfully with these, I have on and off for a couple of years. I tend to love the look and feel to start with but usually get fed up w the inconvenience and impracticality, I tend to favour tips/overlays 2-3cms. I guess the ideal solution would be tips that could go on when needed and off for every day stuff. Any thoughts or ideas?

MrsF tried the £1 packs from Primark, everyone thinks she has had them done at a nail bar as they look really good and she can afford to take them off the next day. Best of both worlds and very inexpensive.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I like the permanent aspect of them and I like them 2.5 to 3cm (complete length). They are sometimes restrictive, but I like restrictive things anyway, and I have them since years. And I like to put nail art on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I had; always seem to get mine in trouble and they're almost always badly chipped :-(

Any hints ?

Get gel nails to reinforce them. I couldn't grow mine as long as they are if I wouldnt cover them with proper gel.

Get gel nails to reinforce them. I couldn't grow mine as long as they are if I wouldnt cover them with proper gel.

Not being a genetic girlie can you explain what these are, how long they are...what they look like how do I look after them ? The SWMBO who also didn't know thought that these would damage the nails as 'they glue stuff on'.

Being a member of the forum I don't really care too much about going into a....salon (?)

I'm one of those lucky folks who can grow super long and strong nails. Use them as screw drivers and scrappers. What I can't do would be to do a manicure and polish. Steel mills and nail finish just don't go together very well.

I'm getting fed up with my acrylics, as others have said they always seem to keep chipping. funnily enough I was chatting with another girl at an exhibition last week and noticed she had a pretty impressive set of nails. She said they were fibreglass and even when quite long didn't chip or break at all. I'm gonna look inro this more...

By the way, have any of you experimented with fabric ones?

I once had a nail split down the middle deep into the nail bed. My manicure lady "fixed" it with a silk wrap - she first applied some super glue, then a strip of thin silk material, then several more coats of superglue on top of the silk. Once it all set up she was able to shape it, trim it, and polish it just like a natural nail. It lasted long enough for the nail to grow out so that the split part was finally trimmed off, and it looked no different from the other nails on my hands. I've heard that silk wraps are an option for those who don't want acrylics, or gels...

Wealth is not measured by how much you have, but rather how little you need.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Scott_f, glad to see you are posting again. I've always loved reading your posts and seeing the wild nails you wear. Jealous as per usual!

thanks

Do you have an album where you keep pics of all the designs and colors youve done..?

youtube and facebook have some more pics

How in the heck do you type with those things?!

its not that hard.........you get used to them pretty quickly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wondered which girls (or guys if interested I guess!) Had experimented successfully with these, I have on and off for a couple of years. I tend to love the look and feel to start with but usually get fed up w the inconvenience and impracticality, I tend to favour tips/overlays 2-3cms. I guess the ideal solution would be tips that could go on when needed and off for every day stuff. Any thoughts or ideas?

I love both very high heels and very long nails on a woman, and might try it sometime myself... 3cm is pretty long, I'd go longer like Scot's or even longer than that! The restricting part also in every day stuff is (besides the beauty) also an exciting thing in both very high heels and very long nails. What kind of nails would be the most restrictive? (what length/shape square/stiletto/ straight/curved) Any other that share both fetishes and girls (or guys) have experience in wearing also nails in extreme lengths?

• 3 weeks later...

I love both very high heels and very long nails on a woman, and might try it sometime myself... 3cm is pretty long, I'd go longer like Scot's or even longer than that! The restricting part also in every day stuff is (besides the beauty) also an exciting thing in both very high heels and very long nails. What kind of nails would be the most restrictive? (what length/shape square/stiletto/ straight/curved) Any other that share both fetishes and girls (or guys) have experience in wearing also nails in extreme lengths?

my nails are actually much longer now and have been for awhile....as for shape....for me....has to be square

This week I tried out the new Axxium OPI gel nail care. I have been using gel nail for a few years, The new treatment is lighter in coverage and flexible, but also strong. Have any of you had Axxium nail coverings?

• 1 month later...

Just a short post and a pic to show my red, white and blue polished little pinkies. I colored them for the, "Fourth of July" holiday. For all you non- American heelers, that's our Independence Day Holiday. Happy Heeling, bluejay

post-2962-0-04752300-1372916963_thumb.jp