Anybody Get Sent Home From Work Wearing Sexy Shoes?

Curt

Just interested. I wear 4.5" heels with 1" platforms. Would I be sent home if I worked in an office. Probably yes, being a guy. Would a girl be able to get away with it. If so, it would be a bit of a double standard. What do you guys think?

Unless they have a dress code stating what's acceptable, they really can't unless it would interfere with your job. I could see how if you have customer interaction they might have something to say about it since you are presenting the company's image, but customer service or retail positions would usually spell out what the dress code is. I don't really interact with customers, so while my colleagues might laugh at it, the company can't fire me or send me home for it. Since we have other engineers routinely wearing sweat pants, t-shirts and jeans, and other casual items, I don't think they would really care.

I nearly got kicked out on my last day, just had to abide by the safety zones. I was being subtle with block heels for the most. Handing my locker key in as I left I'd swapped to 5.5" stilettos that turned a few eyes. Al

I work in a callcenter and wear heels everyday. When I inquired about my heels with my HR rep.He said as long as they are closed toe and closed heel they were fine. I have seen plenty of sandals and peep-toe, so I don't think I would have any problems if I wore those. bootcat, I would check on LBGT laws for your state to be sure you are protected in your workplace. -Nikki

No, but if I did, I surely would be. It's a safety issue. I have wrenches that could break my foot if I dropped them on my foot, even with steel toe.

What do you repair -- steam locomotives? ;-)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

What do you repair -- steam locomotives? ;-)

Heelster, repair whatever you like, so long as it's not the machine that spitting out all the studs that are covering otherwise beautiful shoes right now, I'm really having trouble warming to those!

If you like it, wear it.

Heelster, repair whatever you like, so long as it's not the machine that spitting out all the studs that are covering otherwise beautiful shoes right now, I'm really having trouble warming to those!

I totally agree. There are far too many shoes with studs showing up almost every store this year. Just... yuck!!! :nono:

I totally agree. There are far too many shoes with studs showing up almost every store this year. Just... yuck!!! :nono:

No way, I want my shoes to be like my own personal morning stars on my feet. MORE SPIKES AND STUDS! I might be biased.

Each to his own taste. No two people are alike. Accept it that everyone has different likes and dislikes.

Tolerance is the key to our success here.

Steve

Absolutely Steve, I wasn't calling for a ban, I just personally won't miss them when the craze is over.

Although I guess they could be quite useful for collecting leaves this autumn ;)

If you like it, wear it.

Why did you get sent home wearing heels at the doctors office for? Its a free country isn't it!

Unless it was altitude sickness ;) I suspect the heels had nothing to do with being sent home, right ILK?

If you like it, wear it.

Hope all is well now. Stay healthy for what's coming up! :)

Getting better every day :D !

Why did you get sent home wearing heels at the doctors office for? Its a free country isn't it!

I was sent home AFTER my appointment was over. Was a ' check up '. I recently had a second surgery and all is better then expected for what was done.

Unless it was altitude sickness ;) I suspect the heels had nothing to do with being sent home, right ILK?

Wasnt altitude sickness and for the first part of that day.. I wasnt any higher then 4 inches of NineWest wedge booties ;)

-Ilk

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.