Why Do New Style Trends Come Back Just For Women?

Curt

Bell bottoms started to come back two years ago, just for women. I lot of guys would like to wear them too. I would like to be a fashion designer, and have cool clothes for guys, or possibly make everything unisex. Unisex would be good because women can wear anything, and guys should do the same, within reason. I like bells with western style boot, tighter pants, with a little flair with pumps and other heeled shoes, long coats that go just above my knee, and possibly a lot of jewellery and slick looking hair. When I go out, I dress to the 9's. I'm number one rule is: only wear running shoes when your running. Ill post a few outfits in the fashion section when I get a few things together. Bootcat.

Bell bottoms are a trend I do not want to see for anyone. Never liked them even back in the 70's.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I find 'boot cut' jeans are sufficiently wide enough for my tastes and a welcome addition to standard male Jean types which wear pretty non existent even only a few years ago.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I find that bootleg trousers look really stylish with stiletto heels, but once you get into funkier styles like kick-flare or bell-bottom trousers they kind of need a chunkier heel to balance out the look (now there's an invitation to prove me wrong). In any case, in response to the topic title "Why Do New Style Trends Come Back Just For Women?" I'd say maybe they tend to come back to what's called the women's department but we're all free to shop wherever we like and that's cool :)

If you like it, wear it.

Indeed... I think the main reason is that men are more reluctant to experiment with fashion these days. It was only in the 70s when men were more flambouyant and experimental.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Indeed...

I think the main reason is that men are more reluctant to experiment with fashion these days. It was only in the 70s when men were more flambouyant and experimental.

To a degree, but I've fallen in love with skinny flare jeans I buy from the womens sections. They are awesome and my new favorite jean type. Also I get compliments on my ass in them, mainly the black ones but still the pants get the compliments over the shoes. Figure that one out.

If you want to wear them, do it, who gives a crap what other people think. Eventually you'll be worm food and when you get older do you want to look back with regret that you didn't just do what you wanted or happy that you stayed true to what makes you happy?

Indeed...

I think the main reason is that men are more reluctant to experiment with fashion these days. It was only in the 70s when men were more flambouyant and experimental.

One school of thought maintains that women dress to increase their replication value to men. That is, they dress to make themselves visually attractive, a practice traceable back to caveman times. The more new ways there are to create demand for new clothes, the more money is made and the more ways there are to satisfy that innate 'replication' desire for women. This dates as far back in history as the monetizing of fashion goes.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.