Anyone Take Pics Of Other Womans Feet

I have always wanted to ask if I could take a pic of a someone elses feet/shoes But I don't have the nerve, plus the setting would have to be right. Usually I am in heels too and I figure they would notice and perhaps would want A pic of mine, which is fine as long as it is just the feet. I could not resist. I "stole" this pic yesterday while at lunch. I have said "nice shoes" to a few woman in passing with kind responses, not snobby Or freaked out. But that is all.

post-2198-0-63430300-1349446480_thumb.jp

I have to admitt I love wearing my heels, public and otherwise, and love seeing others (always women) in theirs, but I must be honest it is a bit creepy to photo someone without their knowledge. I'm sure being a guy in heels, both with my wife present and otherwise, I have been shot more than once and am glad I did not see someone doing it. People, even in public, do have some expectation of privacy. I'm at least glad you did not picture her face.

Edited by Shafted
Refencing deleted post

I'm not sure how I feel about this. The world does seem to have got very sensitive about photos. And to think that as little as thirty years ago it was thought normal to be amused at the idea of natives believing a photo took their soul. I don't know that one can expect privacy on the street; a degree of anonymity at best. 'Public privacy' is an oxymoron. I don't mind being photographed without my knowing. It must have happened hundreds, if not thousands, of times in my life. I can imagine, though, feeling uncomfortable at a stranger coming and asking to photograph my feet, probably more so if it's preceded by a compliment.

I would never consider grabbing shoe shots of other people without their permission. In fact I wouldn't do it at all and have never done it. I've enjoyed seeing women wearing high heels in person and that's how it should be in my opinion. But when your a shoe lover, viewing a woman wearing them is not in the "dirty" realm at all. I appreciate them for the work of art they are.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Guest IronCross

I can imagine, though, feeling uncomfortable at a stranger coming and asking to photograph my feet, probably more so if it's preceded by a compliment.

Well I've never walked up to someone and went "hey, nice shoes, can I take a picture of them?" The few times it has happened we would have been engaged in conversation and I'd want a picture so that I could find the same style later on. Definitely the situation must be read and most of the time my girlfriend is with me and the picture is so her and I don't debate about what style we saw when trying to find something similar for her later on.

Yes, someone asking to photograph my feet would definitely be creepy. Even more so if I thought they were doing it on the sly.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

According to a recent case in the European court one is not allowed to take a picture from someone without the others consent. So ye have to ask and tell them what you want to do with the photo afterward.

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

While I do appreciate the sight of beautiful heel on an attractive woman, a guy checking out a woman can be borderline creepy, especially when done to excess (staring / gawking), and I feel taking candid photos of others in public goes even further into the creepy category. So I agree with some others comments and I think whether you ask or not, it just doesn't feel appropriate to take public photos of women's feet.

Wow. A lot of responses. It did feel weird taking the pic. I was Sitting at a table and I had my phone out and she walked by and not having time to really think I just clicked it. Personally I would not mind. If someone took pics of my feet as long as it is Not for vicious puposes. On to another question. Has anyone ever asked someone else where they got their shoes or what brand they are?

Yes, I have occasionally asked women what brand of shoes they're wearing. Mostly it's women I already know, but once in a while I'll strike up a conversation with a stranger, say at an airport, and eventually we'll get around to the subject of shoes and I'll ask her what brand. Sometimes I know the brand and just confirm it. That impresses other people! Wish I could do it more often, but there are way too many brands and styles out there. I tend to follow only a few: Naturalizer, Aerosoles, Clarks, Nine West, Born and Payless. Steve