Divine Shopping Experience

elevated

A week ago I visited Divine Footware in Earl's Barton, spending a couple of hours trying on and talking heels with Stan and Steve. Stan was very helpful, and patient, producing numerous pairs of boots and shoes to satisfy my requests. He also explained which styles use the same lasts meaning that if one fits the others fit also. My parting shot was to try a pair of their ankle ballet boots, amazing them and myself by standing in them (with knees a little bent and easier than the 6inch courts I tried). Time to start saving! I came away with a pair of 41/2 inch stiletto lace up knee boots in black leather (Divine 8619) which are excellent. I could easily have spent a fortune but one pair will have to do. Divine still get a number of styles made locally for themselves but don't have their own factory any more (converted to flats). They also buy in from British and American sources, and I saw Pleaser and Hayway amongst other brands. All the shoes and boots look of good quality.

They do still have their own factory, it's just that not all of their products are manufactured on the one site. Usually, it's the higher heels that are from the states, as are some components, but a look around their yard will assure you that footwear production still continues there. :(