Anyone Too Scared To Wear Heels Outside?

Curt

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not scared to do it, but I haven't done it. Having young children makes it a little difficult, I don't want them to misunderstand my wearing heels. However, I am trying to work lower heels into my every day look, and have a pair of 2-3" heeled boots in mind that will work well with many different outfits. After that, who knows? My partner is more than supportive though. She's happy to go out with me in heels, however I'm comfortable.

I suspect that a lot of us hate men's shoes. I know I do.

Steve

Since I spend most of my work life in steel toe so it really doesn't matter which side of the aisle they come from. In my case, it's hard to find work boots down in the mens size 7 to 8, so it's actually easier to go to the womens aisle and find the same exact boot. Funny thing is that they are usually cheaper, and have more padding then the mens boot. - - - - go figure!!

I went into aldos last year. I figured a needed at least one pair on mens shoes. I have 50 pairs of girls shoes. All the time I was there, I was lusting after the high heels.

You're not the only one that hates mens shoes!

Haha, my wife just bought me a pair of "men's" shoes that are so uncomfortable and stiff, I wish for my heels the whole time I'm wearing them. Actually, I think they look pretty nice, but I don't like wearing them at all. The things we do out of love. :))))))

Having young children makes it a little difficult, I don't want them to misunderstand my wearing heels.

Can also be a change to educate them about tolerance?

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Oh definitely, FreshinHeels. However, at such a young age, I doubt they would be able to understand. In time they will know about it, and learn acceptance and tolerance with it, as they have in other aspects of life.

Locally I am afraid. Still a closet heel guy. Away from home I wear lower heels (3" or less) only because I still walk funny in anything higher. I need more practice. Its no so much of being noticed "look at that guy in heels" rather than "that guy sucks in wearing heels".

Locally I am afraid. Still a closet heel guy. Away from home I wear lower heels (3" or less) only because I still walk funny in anything higher. I need more practice. Its no so much of being noticed "look at that guy in heels" rather than "that guy sucks in wearing heels".

It does take some getting use to wearing taller heels. Just keep in mind that your walk shouldn't change but the length of your stride should. There are many good video's out there that you can watch to help. Just finished.

One small step for...me: Today i had the feeling that i won't be too stressed to go out in heels. So i got my Bandolino Varnissa bootie and hopped on my bike (oh yeah i know gotta love extreme sports :D ) and went to my psychologist with them on my foot. Nothing special has happened, even i didn't notice i had them on :D Then again even in the crowded streets i haven't had a chance to meet too many face to face so i wouldn't know really :surprised:

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

Oh definitely, FreshinHeels. However, at such a young age, I doubt they would be able to understand. In time they will know about it, and learn acceptance and tolerance with it, as they have in other aspects of life.

I have a different take on it.

My lad is 3yrs and he is quite used to dad wearing boots/heeled boots as i frequently wear them inside my jeans and outside my jeans(with the right outfit) on days out and shopping etc. However, although he's seen me wear some of the boots i don't wear outside the house, he hasn't seen me wear anything of the type that mum wears. (Mum wears REALLY fem stuff only.) I'll wait till he's older, maybe, see how he thinks as he gets older.

The problem that you get by introducing heels later is after letting your offspring get programmed by what he sees around him, you then have the problem of explaining to him why you're doing something that only women do or only men 'seem to do in movies or TV etc, he or she isn't probably going to understand the deeper issues of why your doing it.

By exposing them from the word go they just accept it, like the presenter on BBC's CBEBBIES channel with the deformed arm, the kids don't give a S**t, they ask why once and that's it they understand. In my case with the boots, weather snow, 2", 3", nicely tapered 4" heels, if you get the style right they may probably seen something similar before, so it looks, well, er right.

If you can tap in to a style/styles that look good on a man, it will look good on a man, end of.

May i just say my lad loves his black cowboy boots and has wanted to wear them to school many times, but he can't.

We have made a point of not imposing or steering him onto certain music or clothes, he just seems to like my/our kind of stuff, and asks for (demands sometimes) it.

A baby/small child is a clean sheet of paper they see things and say things as they are, if you get it right, they won't bat an eye lid, if you look daft, they'll tell you.

I just won't wear anything to school that may cause bullying.

I can't say that I totally hate men's shoes, but when having the choice to wear whatever I desire - stiletto heel pumps win most every time.

I agree, I don't hate them, I just find them boring. The styles I like just happen to come from the women's department.

If you like it, wear it.