Do You Ever Have Doubts?

FreshinHeels

Do any off you ever have doubts about wearing high heels? Have to admit I do sometimes. I Just have these periods when doubts come and I think: Why do I want to wear high heels? Isn't life easier without having to want to wear high heels? Just wondering if I'm alone in this? And then those doubts go again and I think 1: cause I want to, like etc 2: yep but it's worth it :)

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Only recently as I have had a few bad experiences. Then when I think about it logic wins out over emotion.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I am a very logical person, so i tend to overanalyze some things, with this issue however i don`t think it makes sense to wonder. I mean, Isn't life easier without having to want to wear high heels? maybe, but there is nothing i can do about that, i don`t choose to want to walk in heels, that is just the way i am. There are many things that would make my life easier, i try to focus on changing the things i can change, and accepting the things i can`t, heels for me fall in the second category.

For me it always takes some mental energy to go out in heels. And there are those days that I do not have that energy and just think "why bother?" even though half an hour earlier I was all prepared to go into town with some nice heels. Fortunately not all days are like that. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

You cannot deny what you are and what you like... it will always win. I have struggled myself against it for a long time and asked a few questions to myself, such as: Am I gay*? I just came to the conclusion that I don't need to be gay to like heels... I just like it, looking at it on girls and feeling the sensation of wearing them myself. But yea, life would be much better if I just never have had this urge in the past... again, "Why bother?" * I don't have anything against gays, don't take me wrong here guys. :)

Its only natural as we are different to most in our love of wearing heels. Self doubt can creep into numerous things we do that's just human nature. It's rare for me now as I feel very comfortable in heels now and practically everyone I associate with knows about it and when all is said and done the doubts are not strong enough to stop me.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Its only natural as we are different to most in our love of wearing heels. Self doubt can creep into numerous things we do that's just human nature.

It's rare for me now as I feel very comfortable in heels now and practically everyone I associate with knows about it and when all is said and done the doubts are not strong enough to stop me.

100% Foxy, as with me.

Al

Ah i can remember 2 times since I started to wear high heels when i had doubts. First when my thigh highs had so poorly designed footshape thought they would totally ruin my foot. The 2nd time when i had my right foot's ball hurting, But then i examined the problem which brought the solution: Why is it only my right foot? Shoes seemed symmetrical, so it can't be cause of the shoes. Then i remembered my school time when i was jumping always off my left foot, i suppose they had stronger tendons cause of the jumps so i started to train my right foot too. Hurts are almost totally gone, also my doubts too :) Strange i never had doubts cause of what others thought or might had thought of my heels. Probably i'm too selfish huh? :D

Don't worry, be happy - in heels! :rocker:

Yes, I sometimes have doubts and feel that it would be so much easier to go with the flow rather than going against convention. But then I think why should I let convention oppress my desire to express who I am. I don't consider myself a victim of a compulsion to wear heels, but rather I find wearing them liberating, and that usually overcomes any doubts.

If you like it, wear it.

Yes when I have not been able to get out and wear them as often as I want to. But that does not last long as I just go and do it when I can. I have finally just given into the fact that heeling is part of me and off I go. Life is to short to think that hard about something I love to do. Mtnsofheels

As much as I really enjoy my time spent out in heels, I do indeed have moments when I reflect on all this and ask myself why. For me public heeling is somewhat invigorating as well as comforting, but I sometimes feel this like has become rather an addiction, too. Like could I really quit doing this if I wanted to? I am not sure that I could and in reading many other posts on this forum over the years, I think so many have tried, only to eventually return to it. I also get the urge to mass purge (including more than just the shoes) at least a few times each year. Fortunately, in the end, it just ends up being a necessary consolidation / downsizing each time and I feel better afterward :)

Great topic FreshinHeels Yes I do and I have been asking myself that for years which would explain all the times that I have binged and then thrown out many nice pairs of heels. I too agree that if I could ignore the issue -life would be so easier but then those heels pull at me again and I'm back to them. But then when I get to wear them-I feel great and the the doubt starts again. It's a circle that I have been doing for many years now.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't suffer from the occasional doubts and self-consciousness when I go out and about in heels. But I manage my way past those doubts and head out, and once I do, those doubts melt away and I have fun on my outings. It's only natural to have such reactions, the thing is how you manage those situations.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I'm currently level 31 (being a gamer I consider age experience not years, and I level over the same period of time) when I made the decision life was too short and I wanted to fully be myself I was 24. My friends were cool with the heel thing but they wondered if I worried about finding someone. This is where my doubts came in. I live in a relatively small town, not known for being open minded and I did struggle with the thought that I may never find someone to accept this part of me. But after a good hard look at myself I figured it was better to put all of me out there than to try to explain things later, I've heard and seen how that can be disastrous. And just a couple years later I met my soul mate, in my home town I might add, and we're getting married later this month. That's pretty much squashed any doubts.

I'm currently level 31 (being a gamer I consider age experience not years, and I level over the same period of time) when I made the decision life was too short and I wanted to fully be myself I was 24. My friends were cool with the heel thing but they wondered if I worried about finding someone. This is where my doubts came in. I live in a relatively small town, not known for being open minded and I did struggle with the thought that I may never find someone to accept this part of me. But after a good hard look at myself I figured it was better to put all of me out there than to try to explain things later, I've heard and seen how that can be disastrous. And just a couple years later I met my soul mate, in my home town I might add, and we're getting married later this month. That's pretty much squashed any doubts.

Very cool Newfie, and congrats to you!

There have been many times in my life when I have had my doubts. I have been doing this for over 30 of my 50 years, and the questions arise: "Why do I do this?", Why do I wear heels?", etc. And I can honestly say, that I do it because it feels right. I don't care if anybody else thinks its right or wrong, because they don't decide my life, I do. I wear heels for the comfort and the desire to feel good about myself, nothing else. The doubts come and go, I just don't let them rule my life.

Hi Guys, new to the group here but thought I would throw in my 2 cents. I do not often wear heels in public. I have a few times, like going into a truck stop to use the rest room or using the rest stops on the interstate, and other times like that, so I can't speak directly to that. I have however worn pantyhose and shorts often in public which I would consider very similar. While I love both hose and heels (thus my handle), my doubt comes into play when it involves kids. I don't care who sees me or what they have to say, but when a kid sees me I feel a little guilty. Did me wearing hose in front of him cause him/her to consider ask their parents about things that they shouldn't have to deal with at that age? It's hard enough growing up in this world, let alone having to figure out why some dude is running around in pantyhose (or heels).

Great topic FreshinHeels

Yes I do and I have been asking myself that for years which would explain all the times that I have binged and then thrown out many nice pairs of heels.

I too agree that if I could ignore the issue -life would be so easier but then those heels pull at me again and I'm back to them. But then when I get to wear them-I feel great and the the doubt starts again. It's a circle that I have been doing for many years now.

I have these same feelings. Boy, would I have a collection if I still had all the shoes I've purchased over the years - and would I love to have some of them back again!

If we are anywhere close to sane, we constantly evaluate the reasons we continue to wear heels. Wearing heels should be the result of decisions you make from who you are. You have made conscious choices to own them to fill the voids that seemed to develop the moment/instant you discovered their existence in your size. Had a person or group of people told you what you had to wear, chances are you would had been somewhat resentful, but you have decided to wear heels from your own free will inspite of the common attitude that now exist against male socially heeling. hoseheels: You need not feel quilty about children learning the truth that there are men, along with women, that have the desire to wear heels for public activities. You aren't forcing the children into a pair of heels. You are letting them know of their possible choices should they be so inclined. Even many women have exercized their right to choose and they have refused to wear heels. This same level of personal power shouldn't be controlled by someone or group that clearly can't know an individual's needs and desires to feel complete.

I think it's perfectly natural to have doubts about it. That's where you reach D E E P into the well of confidence and off you go! The more you go out the door the deeper a reservoir of confidence one builds.High Heels are simply a part of my identity and that's no sense in overanalyzing it. Rise up and heel on! HappyinHeels

• 4 weeks later...

I'm wishing I didn't like heels because I just broke the heels of my only pair by trying to run in them when I was late getting out of the house, and now I can't find anything in my size (uk11). I don't want to buy from a shop, cos I'm not brave enough to try them on and I think that us13 may be too small for me (from Payless - the only place I could find some styles I liked at a good price) and don't know if they will ship to the Uk. Other wise, as some have said above, I only wore heels when in the right mood for it, and when I felt I could wear them without tripping or getting tired.

I am a UK11 also. You should find that a USW13 will be a reasonable fit, possibly better in a wide fitting, but much will depend on the make and style. With very high heels, a USW14 is likely to be needed. The nearest equivalent to Payless in the UK is probably Priceless (or its sister company, Big Shoe Boutique - same range). Although they do (or did) supply quite a number of shoes and boots up to UK11, some are poorly sized and likely to be too small. The 'Sherbert' label seems reasonably reliable - I have three pairs of boots in UK11 which are a very good fit. Unfortunately, the companies are in administration and, although still trading, seem to have stopped importing anything in UK11 and there are very few styles currently available. Evans also did offer some items in UK11 (although not always a true fit) but the largest now available seem to be UK10, although I understand that these can run big and will fit as though UK11! Priceless and Evans both do mail order and returns are not a problem. I suggest you investigate; good luck!