My 2Nd Outing...

Moin Moin!* A couple of years ago i had my first walk on heels in the public. Took me a lot of courage to do it, but it was not bad. But after i had a new GF - who did not like it to see me in heels - i stopped it. Some years later she left me :( and i was free again to live my style. But i had no more courage to do it in public. A couple of weeks ago i saw some nice boots with wedge-heel that kinda triggered something in my head...they had a high heel (about 3,5"), but were not too feminine. And more important, they were available in my size...so i ordered them. I couldn't wait to get them, and when they arrived i tried them on instantly. They fit like a charm :D and are more comfortable than most of my "male" shoes. So on the next day i decided to make the first steps: Before work i went to my bank to get some cash. My bank is in the old town of Lüneburg, with no parking space nearby, so i had a walk of about 5 minutes to the bank. Since it was about 5 in the morning, it was still dark outside and not many people there. I went out of my car, and started to walk to the bank. I could feel my heart beating, and was very nervous. But after a while i calmed down; people i passed seemed not to notice anything. Gave me a lot of confidence :) When i was back at my car, i decided to raise the bar a little bit for the afternoon. After work, i went to a parking deck, left my car, took a deep breath and went for a long walk through the old town of Lüneburg. I walked through the narrow streets, the big town hall square, went into some stores and had a great day. I took a seat at a cafè outside for a coffee, and watched the people. Some of them seemed to notice, but didn't care; except for a group of girls, who started to discuss if it is either ridiculous, stylish or brave.... I did the same the next days, and became more confident. Now it is for me an absolutely normal thing, and i am really happy! Only thing i still have problems with: My parents. They live in the same small village as me, and my dad is a really conservative man. Should he ever see me in those shoes he will instantly think i am gay (i am not), and will cause trouble. He can be really mean... *Moin Moin is a north-german greeting, meaning "Hello everybody and have a good day". As i am from germany, please excuse my grammar....

Who the heck is General Failure and why is he reading my Disk?

Being more comfortable than most of the "male" shoes that I can believe. And also I would think that Deutchland would be a good place for fashion inovation but maybe some of the small towns may still be stuck in tradition. Another thing that works well is tell your father about other people that do it and any extreme disapprouval will be directed at them.

I can really understand the apprehension with your parents. I haven't told my parents in the seven years I've worn heels in public. Nobody who knows my parents have told them either even though they know and have seen me. I've always said I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. My father is quite frail and he doesn't need to be upset by this. My mother would probably ask me twenty questions about it, but might actually be cool with it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Moin Moin! Today was a nice day, so i went shopping in Hamburg. My first stop was at Conrad Elektronik, an electronics superstore, to get some parts for my Amiga 2000. Went there in my wedge boots, no problems at all. Those boots are really quiet and nobody will notice. Next stop was at Tos'r'us, getting some toys for my son. I changed into my 5" stiletto boots with a 3/4" mini-platform, and got out of my car. About 350 yards to the entrance. Phew...didn't remember they are that loud, even on tarmac... Went into the store, lots of people there. Some people seemed to notice, but nobody seemed to care. Was a nice experience. When i finally went to the shopping mall, ich changed back into my wedges, because they are mor suited for longer walks. Found some nice toys for my son, some nice tools and stuff for me, and had a great day!

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i was asked by a friend if i want to go to the flea market in a nerby town, where he lives. I picked him up with my car, wearing my blue-gray Mustang Wedge boots, and went to the flea market. He didn't notice anything, or at least he didn' care, so it was ok for me. Later that day a friend asked, if i could take care of her 9-year old daughter for a couple of hours, because she had a gig and knew her daughter would prefer to stay at my house than sitting in the restaurant waiting for her mother to finish with singing... When we were sitting in the living-room, playibng some old Super Nintendo-Games, she suddenly noticed my boots. "Hey, your shoes look a bit like those ladies shoes!" She didn't thought of those boots as women shoes, but as some fashion-style men's boots :) I told her, that i like that style, and that they are more comfortable for me than most other shoes, and she told me, that they looked good on me. Nice :)

• 4 weeks later...

Time for a new start....i am going to move to Lüneburg, about 30 kilometres away from this little village. The ttrip to my workplace is much shorter, and there is much more life in that city....and since it is a whole new start, i am going to wear heels from the beginning. Will be a much more relaxing life there :D

• Like 1