Matching Pants With Boots

Rockpup

Ok, been experimenting a bit with skinny style jeans. These are men's models from Levis. The 510 model is skin tight stretch, almost jeggings. They seem to work well when wearing boots over the pants.

Posted Image

and

Posted Image

The next model I have is the 511. Not quite skin tight, but skinny. They seem to work with narrow heels, such as these from Cole Haan

Posted Image

Ok, I've been leaning toward wedge heels a bit more. Only one pair of wedges work with the 511 jeans, but they are 6" heel with 1/2" lift from Rick owens.

Posted Image

Same boots, shorter pants.

Posted Image

Although, will admit, need to find a better pant length since my feet look tiny with those. Another pair of wedges I've worn alot are from ASH. Based on hiking boots they are a bit bulky, and just do not seem to balance out with skinny jeans.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I have a pair of 514 "slim straight" jeans that cover these, and do not have pics wearing them. But I do have pics wearing them with a pair of 3" wedge Cole Haan boots. These are very discrete and tend to be able to wear them anywhere without notice.

Posted Image

This pic was done to show a friend that heels could be worn in public without anyone noticing.

Anyways, figured this might be an interesting discussion as we've all been trying to figure out how to pair up pants with heels, unless you have moved on to skirts :)

(formerly known as "JimC")

Try the Levis EX-GF's. No bunching around the knees at all. They are awesome with boots. The shorter inseams mean no fabric at the ankles when wearing boots. They have spandex woven in with the cotton.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Shafted: I kind of think the 510's are what they used to call the Ex GF's, as that name seemed to get a lot of flack via the internet. I may experiment more with the form fitting jeans as winter sets in, as the boots over pants seemed to be a dramatic look that was a bit more balanced wearing a jacket. Personally it's been too hot (mid 90's, high humidity) down here in the swamp to even consider wearing a jacket during the day.

I also think the right style of jeans are important for your overall look when wearing heels. I've found Levi's Curve ID Classic Demi Curve styles (bootleg, straight leg, or skinny leg) to work quite well. Just about any of the Not Your Daughters Jean (NYDJ) seem to be okay. For truly skinny legs, my favorites are J-Brand's Maria high rise skinny jeans however I need to watch for sales on these as they are quite pricey.

Then 510, 511 and EX-GF's were all separate models when I bought mine, with the EX-GF being the the most form fitting.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Ahh, ok. Was confused since the 510's are the first link when you try to look up the ex-gf model. As said, waiting for the temp's to drop before I start to play with boots over form fitting jeans again. Also need to wait a while for my boyfriend to get used to the idea. We were on our way to a party with me dressed in same jeans/boots as in the 2nd photo. We stopped at an ATM, and he was horrified when a firefighter he used to work with at his old station pulled up to use the ATM while I was standing there. Did not do well for him getting used to me out in heels, so have gone back to more wedges hidden like the last pic.

Looking great in all styles...I have the same issue with covering some of my boots too much, my feet look freakishly small...My 4" boots with pointed toes seem to work best "all around", either with tight fitting or slightly loose levis... I have to work on finding a pair of 5" boots with a slight platform that will be better for longer walks than my current 5" boots that get painful quickly...

I appreciate your effort Rockpup as most comments here say "match your outfit with the heels and its gonna work". Every time I see bad comments on a guy in heels, he had pants not matching the shoes. Indeed, matching the pants with the shoes is the first think to begin with. The two styles with your rick owens wedges do not work for me. Very hard to pair these shoes with pants. Maybe leggings ? As for the ASH, there are more bulky. Maybe you can try to tuck your t shirt in the jean to help a bit, or add a jacket if it gets colder.

Gudulitooo: Hrm, not sure if the Rick Owens boots would look right, or be "me" with leggings. They might if they were knee high, but this is how they look from the side.

Posted Image

I will keep this thread updated as my budget allows for new purchases. Either that or attempts to lose weight allow me to wear older pairs of pants :)

I'll also keep it updated as the weather allows me to wear more layers. As said, boots over the pants seems to work well in the 2nd pic when it's balanced with the jacket, but does not work when it is 95f out.

Skinny jeans are best suited for tucking inside boots. Bootcut jeans are better for wearing over boots. You could also buy different lengths (a bit longer than you normally wear) and see how you like the look with your boots.

I really need to get a regular camera again. Using my phone or Ipod is just not cutting it. I tried for a few shots showing the wedge boots I've been wearing quite a lot recently, but most left the background overexposed.

Anyways, I am standing on the step on purpose to lift the leg a little, since normally the back of the pants is on the ground, and the heel is fully covered.

Posted Image

These are the Ash Zenith boots. Too bad they are discontinued, I've been keeping my eyes open for the other colors available.

Posted Image

Looking good Rock pup! Yes the pants you have shown look good, and yes various lengths for different shoes/boots. I have similar pants/jeans fitting over my boots. I have been keen on jeans made by 1921, they fit well and i like the looks of them. NYDJ have some good jeans as well, stretchy and high waisted. It seem the more shoes and boots I have the more jeans I get as well. Thanks for sharing info and photos. I need some pics too! Mtnsofheels

Mtnsofheels: Thanks, finally got a new camera that has some nice features for doing self photos, including seeing the viewfinder and taking a pic via my phone, so I should be able to try other looks/etc soon. I do have more then just jeans that I have planned to try looks for. I've not been too fond of skirts, so doubt I'll be trying too many out here ;)

Got a new camera, and here is the first posed heel shot. Tried the Rick Owens boots over skin tight jeans as per suggestion here. Not sure if I like the look as much as pants over these boots. Maybe if I had the knee high ones. Need to fiddle with the camera for settings, but it allows me to use my phone as a viewfinder, so should help out.

Posted Image

Full size pic: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8328/8077437852_2f906e407c_o.jpg