Starting To Dislike Wedges And Tall Platforms

Curt

I don't like wedges and chunky platforms much anymore. A think stilletos and skinny chunky heels are sexy. One of my faverites is the jessica simpson TORTA boot. But it would be stunning if it had a square toe. It has no platform and 4.25" heels. I can walk in them fairly well. My faverite right now is the portside pump from fluevog. It is in my avatar picture. But I don't like the color too much. I would like to dye the grey color to brown, like the top, and keep the heel black. Then it would be stunning. Can you dig that! Talk to you soon Bootcat.

Outside of the looks, I detest platforms because the make me walk like a hooker. Not the look I'm going for.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Each style has its place. We all love heels or we wouldn't be here. It's just a matter of which heel style best suits our outfit or mood then again maybe the outfit IS the mood. I liike stiletto heels but I love wedges just as much and have taken quite a liking to boots after not having any just three years ago. I wouldn't wear platform sandals out to eat or a movie but I'd certainly wear them to a Halloween party or some wild event like that as they would fit the mood I'd want to convey. HappyinHeels

I don't like wedges and chunky platforms much anymore. A think stilletos and skinny chunky heels are sexy.

YES!

I have been so turned off by the outrageous platform heights on otherwise classic style heels/boots/sandals. I do appreciate a slim platform (.5" max) as it compliments the lines of the shoe and (stiletto) heel (as I just received a couple pairs of sandals w/a .5" platform. Pics to come soon). For me, the minimum platform also applies to wedges.

For me, it's time to bring the single-soled heels back in the forefront of the current heel fashion.

We are all so diverse in our tastes. I really like platform stilettos, on me and on women. I especially like the concealed platforms. I can't see a woman in those shoes or see them in a shoe store and not look at them. I like classic flat soled stilettos too but I don't look twice at wedges.

My view exactly just as I would have described my likes.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Platform fan all the way. I know some heels look unrealistic in normal wear but to me platforms "raises the bar" a notch. To me the higher heel with the platform represents ones attitude some people may not want that and just like the conservative look which is fine.

What ya see is what ya get no more or less!!

I'm not surprised that we all have different tastes, but I do find it intriguing that our tastes change over time. Two years ago I owned no sandals. I didn't like them on me or on women. I didn't like pedicures either. Then I saw a pair of Aerosoles sandals that for some reason I found attractive, and so I bought them and found I really enjoyed wearing them. A lot! And in public. And I started getting pedicures myself, first with clear satin polish, then glossy, then color. Now in warm weather, sandals are practically all I wear. I have accumulated over a dozen pairs! Sandals have gone from last place to first in less than two years. I think that's amazing. Steve

Well, variety is indeed the spice of life. In my case, once upon a time, I had no love for wedges as I didn't at all like the styling. Today, I have SIX pairs from Payless and I love wearing them!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I just bought my first wedges. They are some unknown brand that were $350 originally, but I got them for $50. For that price I figure that it's worth the experiment. They fit perfect and I can walk in them. The height is 4.5". They seem to make my feet look small and are a lot different from the block heels I have on everything else.

I like wedges. I enjoy long walks through the old city of Lüneburg (Grermany), and the roads and sidewalks in that area consist mostly of cobblestone, so it would be a really bad idea to walk there in 5" stilettos. My 3,5" wedge boots are really the better choice, and they also helped me building up the confidence for going out in heels.

Who the heck is General Failure and why is he reading my Disk?

For me, I dont mind 1inch or less ' platforms '. For 20$ I can get a pair of those ' pleaser ' shoes with a STD/VD infested skank to go with them as a bonus ;) . ( Joke folks! :) ) Wedges.. they are what I first started to wear but grew into the trend of the ' Classic Stiletto '. I long for the days of the 1980's type of ' Wild Pair ' or ' Rush Hour ' shoes. The market over the last year or so has been outright dominated by ' platforms '. Its good that there is a market for heels, but when they all start looking the same or falling into the same trend.. it gets to bland for my tastes. To each their own, but as Shafted stated earlier, I dont want to walk around looking like some kind of sexual toy or that Im ' purchasable '. I dont swing around on a pole having people stuff dollar bills in my thongs.. ( WAIT! Thats a kick I havent tried yet! might be a new profession to consider! ;) Cant do plaster anymore.. )

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.