Public Heeling In The Grecery Store?

Curt

Anybody wear heels in the grocery store? Are your heels loud or quiet? We all know grocery store floors are loud. The only problem I have is that its hard to carry a lot of grocery bags in high heels. My balance is a little off. Bootcat.

I do it all the time, noisy stilettos and all.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Many times. Most of my heels have plastic tips but they still have that distinctive "high heels" sound. On the rare occasion I've worn steel-tipped heels I was more concerned about the slippery floor surface than the noise.

If you like it, wear it.

The first time, a few years ago, I was wearing some platform clogs with a 1/2 inch platform and 3 1/2 inch heels - slender but not stiletto. I was wearing them at home and my wife suggested we go grocery shopping. I asked her if she wanted me to change into lower heels and she said to stand up, so I did. She saw that my jeans cam to within an inch or so of the floor and said, no you're ok. Let's go. So we jumped into the car and off we went. The clogs were light tan and we walked all over the store. I knelt down to get things from the lower shelf and my pants legs would ride up showing the entire shoe. What a rush! The shoes were very quiet, so I didn't have that worry. Since then I have worn heels - clogs, loafers, pumps, boots, and sandals - to the grocery store many times. Some are loud but most aren't. I'm too happy to be out and about in heels to worry about the noise or what other people think. I no longer even look for reactions, iDrops, smirks, giggles, laughter or pointing fingers. I just enjoy my outings and I'm very thankful my wife is confident enough to support and join me! Steve

i usually wear my 4" wedges with rubber sole, so they are in fact not louder than my sneakers... I once went to Media Markt, an electronics superstore in Hamburg,with 5" mini-platform stiletto boots, but nobody seemed to notice. Gave me lot of confidence. OK, people in Hamburg are mostly more open-minded than in other german citys. But walking through the about 1000 years old streets of Lüneburg in my wedges was a really nice experience.

Who the heck is General Failure and why is he reading my Disk?

I have done this many times, mostly the 4" clogs but a few times with boots. I am a little bit worried about ending up on "people of wal mart", they can be pretty mean on there.

But the people of Walmart are anonymous. How many have you ever recognized and said, "Oh,my, that's _____!"? Exactly. Me neither. So if you get your photo posted, wear the experience as a badge of honor!

Steve

I have done this many times, mostly the 4" clogs but a few times with boots. I am a little bit worried about ending up on "people of wal mart", they can be pretty mean on there.

Okay, quite frankly from what I've seen on "People of Walmart" with few exceptions, the subject was indeed not exactly dressed really well or to put it more bluntly, gross. This is a big reason why I stress that the look has to be a completely coordinated. Just throwing on a pair of high heels with "normal" guy clothing isn't going to cut it.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Interesting thing about those Walmart pictures. While many do look goose some are just enough off from the mainstreme to get selected. There was one Walmart pix of a guy wearing a red leather mini skirt and had the same hair style as that pix of me that my avatar is taken from and a few Emails came my way from people that thought that I had been honered only we only have three Walmart in this area and not one of them with that tree in the parking lot. And this guy enen had the same square toe three inch red leather side zip boots that I wear with that red mini of mine.

I also wear heels to the supermarket and to Walmart I have had many a positive comment from women while wearing heels. Recently on a Sunday morning in Walmart if the food section I just had to compliment this woman about 45 on her heels. After passing her in a couple of aisles, I finally said to her, " your heels are very nice and they compliment your capris and blouse very much, you look terrific!" She was somewhat startled by my compliment at first, but as I was walking away , she replied, " I like your heels that you are wearing too and you look great also". I turned around and thanked her for her compliment. I also said that, we were both dressed very fashionable. for a Sunday morning shopping trip to Walmart. She said that she dresses up to go shopping where ever she goes. I replied that I like to dress up also and I like to wear heels with male attire and that my wife is ok with it. We chatted a few more minutes about fashion before we went on our separate ways. It was a great experience that Sunday, morning. Happy Heeling, bluejay

The local grocery store has at least one employee that seems to want to let other workers know if I am wearing heels. Otherwise most either do not notice (at this point) or never cared to start with :)

(formerly known as "JimC")

I have gone shopping at a supermarket a lot of times in heels and several times in steletos with longer pants but the noise is so that you can hear the heels and every one is so wraped up in them selfs that they dont notice and if they do oh well

I have gone shopping at a supermarket a lot of times in heels and several times in steletos with longer pants but the noise is so that you can hear the heels and every one is so wraped up in them selfs that they dont notice and if they do oh well

So true...

I've been to the store quite a few times now, and to be honest, having a cart loaded up with cat food gets more attention that the heels I'm wearing... LOL! Although most of the time I'm wearing black stiletto boots under jeans, so although they're loud on the floor I'm not exactly making a visual splash. Biggest problem I have is pushing a heavy cart around on a slick floor.

I've worn short zipper boots with 3 inch heels under long jeans to the grocery store a couple of times. They weren't very noisy and were stable enough to not make carrying grocery bags difficult.

This is an update of my previous message. I've worn heels and other "women's" shoes to the grocery store several times. The pant boots I mentioned made some but little noise. Though that store usually had a lot of shoppers, I didn't notice anyone pay attention to my shoes except one cashier who practically followed me around the store to see what I was wearing.

I do recall wearing another pair of shoes in another grocery store which were quite noisy. These were about 2 inch wide straight heeled pumps. Unlike the other store, my visit here was late a night and the store had very few shoppers. I instinctively try to walk gingerly to try to make less noise. There was one worker who sat by the checkout stands who watched as I walked by in both directions.

Those experiences were years ago. I haven't worn my shoes in public at all in almost 3 years. I moved from a very large metro area to a smaller community since then to help my parents (one of whom was terminally ill and died recently). It's very different down here. It's small enough for me to encounter coworkers, supervisors, and my employers clients quite frequently. I appreciate my previous home much more since I've moved.

• 2 weeks later...