It's Been Nearly Two Years.

Foxyheels

I have just noticed that this will be my 500th post and close to two years since I first joined High Heel Place. I took time to reflect what has changed in this time. When I first joined I was taking my first outing in public in heels after wearing them in the house for many years and longing to have the freedom my wife enjoys. I had often said to her I wish I could wear heels out and about like you and she would just smile and say it's easy for a girl to wear whatever they want. She, as always was very supportive of anything I do and has never had an issue with me wearing heels. I progressed on to my first nervous outing imagining everyone was looking at me. I wore heels that were too high and inappropriate for my physique and experience and soon realised I had to opt for chunky 3'' heels. I had several trips made with a spare pair of shoes and lost my nerve before getting out of the car but did progress and found it easier and easier to go for longer and in different situations. I began to be able to walk along without having to assess everybody who I pass as to their potential to say or do something negative. I progressed to thinner higher heels and now wear 4'' heels routinely and had that moment when I thought I don't even notice I am wearing heels. So I have to think what legislation has been introduced in the last two years, what shift in the general publics attitude and most important of all what change in male footwear fashion has there been during my transformation from rookie to comfortable heel wearer? The answer to all is pretty much none. Only one thing has changed and that's my attitude, my confidence and my will to wear what I like. I have lost no friends or family, hopefully no respect and in fact have a very interesting discussion point. Numerous people are genuinely pleased for the fact I do what I like to make me happy and negative reaction is minimal. I felt I have achieved what I wanted, I am now seen as a man who wears high heels, I have not lost my masculinity and more so than ever feel people consider me more of a man's man due to my ability to go against the grain. What has helped is the support and inspiration from everyone on here and I thank you all. Here's to the next 500 posts and many more years of heeling.

Edited by Foxyheels

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Congratulations to you for reaching 500 posts and 2 years here at hhplace! Just remember that you are becoming as much of an inspiration to others as they are to you. I've enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to your next 500. Cheers, Jim

Congratulations to you for reaching 500 posts and 2 years here at hhplace! Just remember that you are becoming as much of an inspiration to others as they are to you. I've enjoyed reading your posts and look forward to your next 500.

Cheers, Jim

I couldn't have said it better, welldone Foxyheels!! :clap:

In the process of becoming the person I always was...but didn't dare to let her come out

Agreed. I have worn heels publicly so often I just don't care so much about others thoughts, except at work, a barrier I have only infrequently crossed. Your experiences are typical to mine and I enjoy reading your accounts.

Time does fly as I approach my 4 year and just cleared the magic 1000 yet still much the baby compared to many of the older heelers here. Congratulations and onwards to the next big number. Al

Only one thing has changed and that's my attitude, my confidence and my will to wear what I like. I have lost no friends or family, hopefully no respect and in fact have a very interesting discussion point. Numerous people are genuinely pleased for the fact I do what I like to make me happy and negative reaction is minimal.

Awesome post, Foxyheels. Astute observations, too. It's been a fascinating journey for many of us who either inspired you or were inspired by you. Thanks for being a part of this great forum.

Not only have you lost no friends, you've made a LOT of friends - here, online. You've discovered and contributed to a wonderful worldwide community of like-minded heelers. Congratulations on 500 posts, and I wish you many more years and many more posts. May your journey continue to be interesting and rewarding!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Good Job... it made me look to see how long i have been a member, i was quite shocked to see i have 10 1/2 years and 660 posts under my belt, How time flies and how things have changed!

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!