High Heels Or Wedges?

marit

I have to agree with Amanda. I never cared for wedges mainly because they looked bulky whereas a stiletto heel is sleek and very feminine. But lately, wedges are higher which tends to reduce the bulkieness and I love how some are shaped just like a stiletto heel.

High heels out number wedges in my closet by a wide margin. But depending on the outfit, wedges can look just as sleek as a traditional pump (and in a number of cases are easier to walk in). A number of my wedges are without a platform, but as I write this, I am wearing a pair of cork wedges with a 5 inch heel and 1.5 inch platform and they are easy to walk in and awesomely comfy! Nonetheless, my heart belongs to heels!

It's about Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of New Shoes!

• 3 months later...

I prefer high heels over wedges but it totally depends on the shoe design. There are some amazing looking wedges out there even if they are very few. For me the most important thing for a wedge is a low platform and a height to the heel part so that the shape of the shoe doesn't come across as too clumsy. Although I have to agree that they are very comfortable to use if you, as me, live in Sweden where we have snow and ice for too many months a year. I have found that they are more practical on icy and snowy pavements than regular heels since they often give you a better overall grip. Especially when your in a hurry off to work in the mornings and not always too careful where you step.