Giving It Another Go!

NH Heels

So, I realize that I haven't been around in a while. I've been dealing with some personal issued which have made it emotionally impossible to do any public healing. Recently though, I bought a new pair of boots that may help change that. I also have recently had a rather frank discussion on the subcject of my healing with my father even though he realy already knew. Still it was nice to get it off my chest and he seemed to be more than understanding. Also, my wife recently made a new friend that I had the pleasure of meeting. She inserted herself into a shoe shopping trip with us the following day, even though she had to back out at the last minute. She seemed to be a very opened minded person and I felt compelled to explain that while I didn't mind her coming, she should be aware that I shop both sides of the isle(because I was not about to let her ruin our shopping adventure.) To which she exclaimed that she knew she like me. Mind you when we met I was wearing my bright red cowboy boots which in her words were "absolutely fabulous". Any way, after stopping in a few stores and not finding anything, we stopped into Marshall's where I found a pair of black 3" covered wedge knee boots, that I fell in love with. At $39 they were a bargain. Today I wore them under longer jeans with a maroon v neck tee, while the wife and I went shopping. A stop at Home Depot, Kohls, the new local outlet mall, and then food shopping. All a non event and a very good time. No spike in blood preasure or shaky hands which on a few failed attempts to leave the house in the recently made me abort and change before heading out. Sorry to ramble, but as I said it's been a while and just wanted to share. Cheers, Jim post-332-0-58405100-1347233185_thumb.jpg

It sounds like your openness with those around you has been received positively and, along with their support, those wedges also look like a great choice for overcoming your apprehensions and stepping out with confidence. Good luck to you.

If you like it, wear it.

Thanks guys, anxiety and depression can be hard to overcome but I'm trying. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin and there are times where all the support in the world just doesn't help. Reading about the adventures of others here is an inspiration and I hope that I can contribute some also. Cheers, Jim

Thanks Jeff, here's a pic of the red cowboy boots. They were an ebay find from years ago that I paid way to much for. They have about a 2 inch heel and some of the pointiest toes I've ever seen, but are very comfortable to wear. Even though I really love them they've seen limited wear. Cheer, Jim

post-332-0-63793000-1348011019_thumb.jpg